|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters feels the most comfortable with the visit to Uncle Henrik?
2. What item was Annemarie surprised to see on the table in the morning for breakfast at Uncle Henrik's?
3. What did the Germans get from the synagogue?
(a) A list of all Jews that attend.
(b) All of the materials for the celebration.
(c) Information to close it down.
(d) All the Jews who were praying.
4. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
(a) Show them dated birth records.
(b) Show them fingerprints.
(c) Show them a baby picture of a black haired child.
(d) Show them her birth certificate.
5. Who regularly takes Uncle Henrik's milk?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Annemarie go when she wakes up and gets out of bed in Chapter 8?
2. What holiday is upcoming which Ellen goes home to help prepare for in Chapter 4?
3. Which word describes Ellen's reaction to Uncle Henrik's home for the first time?
4. What does Annemarie help Mama prepare in Chapter 9?
5. Where does Annemarie see Uncle Henrik go in the morning in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
2. What will happen to all of the people on the Nazi's list?
3. What makes Annemarie and Mama equals for a few moments in Chapter 9?
4. How do the girls forget about their troubles once they get to Uncle Henrik's house?
5. Why does Annemarie often open Lise's trunk?
6. Why do you think Papa speaks to Henrik on the phone in code?
7. What do Ellen and Annemarie resolve not to tell their mothers in Chapter 1?
8. How does the jacket in Chapter 11 make Ellen realize that her life has changed significantly?
9. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
10. When the German soldiers asked a little boy why the king would go out alone, what was his answer?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)