|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following events is the only thing Annemarie knows is true about Lise's death?
(a) She was hit by a car.
(b) She was 21 when she died.
(c) She died in tremendous pain.
(d) Peter was with her when she died.
2. With what toys do Annemarie and Ellen play in Chapter 3?
(a) Paper dolls.
3. Which of the following is a famous storyteller who was also a Dane?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Hans Christian Anderson.
(c) Mother Goose.
(d) Brothers Grimm.
4. What item was Annemarie surprised to see on the table in the morning for breakfast at Uncle Henrik's?
5. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Ellen and Annemarie not go to school the day after the German soldiers search their home?
2. What does Uncle Henrik admit to Annemarie in the barn?
3. Where does Annemarie go when she wakes up and gets out of bed in Chapter 8?
4. Which of the following items was listed as being rationed by the Germans?
5. What was the name of the king of Denmark's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
2. What does Annemarie realize when Papa makes a joke about Lise's hair?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Papa think might happen at the school?
4. How does Ellen offer to fix Kirsti's shoes?
5. Why hadn't the king protected the people of Denmark from the German soldiers, according to Annemarie's father?
6. For what is Annemarie told in Chapter 8 that the living room was prepared?
7. Why is Annemarie confused by Henrik announcing that tomorrow would be a good day for fishing?
8. Why does Papa agree it would be better if Mama takes the girls alone to Uncle Henrik's house?
9. How does Annemarie get off Ellen's necklace in Chapter 5?
10. How do Annemarie and Ellen know that their parents are not telling the truth about Mrs. Hirsch when they say she has gone on a vacation to the seashore?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)