|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
2. With what toys do Annemarie and Ellen play in Chapter 3?
(a) Paper dolls.
3. What does Mama do while the girls play at Uncle Henrik's?
(a) Prepares the casket.
(b) Makes butter.
(c) Makes cream.
(d) Scrubs and dusts the house.
4. What does Kirsti decide to name the kitten?
5. What is Henrik's occupation?
(d) Tourist trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen's mothers do every afternoon?
2. What is the name of Henrik's cow?
3. Where does Annemarie see Uncle Henrik go in the morning in Chapter 8?
4. Which country did not have Nazi soldiers, according to Annmarie?
5. On what occasion did the destruction of the naval fleet occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mama want to know once the girls return into Uncle Henrik's house after their fun in the ocean?
2. Why does Uncle Henrik tell Annemarie in Chapter 9 that he and Mama are lying?
3. How do Annemarie and Ellen know that their parents are not telling the truth about Mrs. Hirsch when they say she has gone on a vacation to the seashore?
4. How did Annemarie find out the fireworks were not for Kirsti's birthday?
5. What does Annemarie point out to Ellen as her Uncle had once pointed out to her?
6. What will happen to all of the people on the Nazi's list?
7. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
8. What do Ellen and Annemarie resolve not to tell their mothers in Chapter 1?
9. How does Annemarie get off Ellen's necklace in Chapter 5?
10. How do the girls forget about their troubles once they get to Uncle Henrik's house?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)