Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
2. What special treat did Mama serve for dinner in addition to the fish in Chapter 7?
3. What does Annemarie point out to Ellen across the water from Uncle Henrik's home?
(b) German soldiers.
4. What pulls up to the house in Chapter 9, which signals that Henrik and Annemarie should return to the house?
(a) Ellen's parents.
(b) A hearse.
5. What item was Annemarie surprised to see on the table in the morning for breakfast at Uncle Henrik's?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the girls supposed to stop by the sewing shop in Chapter 2?
2. Who brings the illegal newspaper to Annemarie's parents?
3. Who does Mama introduce the people that arrive at Uncle Henrik's house in Chapter 9 to Ellen as?
4. In Chapter 9, where does Annemarie go after dinner to have a private conversation with her uncle?
5. How do Mama and the girls travel to see Uncle Henrik?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annemarie remember the Rosens in Chapter 11?
2. Why does Uncle Henrik tell Annemarie in Chapter 9 that he and Mama are lying?
3. How does Annemarie react when the soldiers take her bread in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Annemarie pretend to be like as she talks to the German soldiers while she is taking package to her uncle in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
6. What does Annemarie think about Papa as she waits for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to Henrik's boat?
7. Describe at least two of the people who are in the living room "mourning" Aunt Birte with Annemarie.
8. In Chapter 12, what does Mama warn the Rosens to do on their way to Henrik's boat?
9. What does Annemarie promise about Ellen's Star of David necklace in Chapter 7?
10. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)