|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Henrik's occupation?
(b) Tourist trips.
2. What surrounds the casket in Uncle Henrik's living room?
3. With what toys do Annemarie and Ellen play in Chapter 3?
(d) Paper dolls.
4. What does Kirsti show to the German soldiers when they are stopped getting on the train in Chapter 6?
(a) Her star of David necklace.
(b) Her black shoes.
(c) Her new dress.
(d) Her doll.
5. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
(a) Show them dated birth records.
(b) Show them fingerprints.
(c) Show them her birth certificate.
(d) Show them a baby picture of a black haired child.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Lise when her hair had turned from dark to blonde?
2. Which of the following is the best definition for a trousseau?
3. On what occasion did the destruction of the naval fleet occur?
4. What does Uncle Henrik admit to Annemarie in the barn?
5. What does Annemarie tell Ellen she should do if the soldiers actually come to the house that night in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Papa agree it would be better if Mama takes the girls alone to Uncle Henrik's house?
2. How does Ellen offer to fix Kirsti's shoes?
3. How does Annemarie get off Ellen's necklace in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Annemarie think she and Kirsti are lucky?
5. Why does Mrs. Rosen tell the girls in Chapter 1 that it is safer to avoid the German soldiers?
6. What had happened to Norway when they fought the Nazis?
7. What will happen to all of the people on the Nazi's list?
8. Why do you think Annemarie does not know what happened to her sister when she died?
9. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
10. Why does Annemarie tell Ellen she must remove the necklace?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)