|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama do while the girls play at Uncle Henrik's?
(a) Prepares the casket.
(b) Scrubs and dusts the house.
(c) Makes butter.
(d) Makes cream.
2. What news does Peter bring when he comes at night to visit Annemarie's parents?
(a) That Mrs. Hirsch is safely at the seashore.
(b) The Germans will be invading various homes.
(c) A new issue of the illegal newspaper.
(d) The Germans are closing businesses owned by Jews.
3. What was the main course of the first dinner at Uncle Henrik's house?
4. Which of the following events is the only thing Annemarie knows is true about Lise's death?
(a) She was 21 when she died.
(b) Peter was with her when she died.
(c) She was hit by a car.
(d) She died in tremendous pain.
5. What color are Kirsti's new shoes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following would not be an adjective Annemarie would use to describe her father?
2. Where do the girls play during the day at Uncle Henrik's?
3. What is the name of Henrik's cow?
4. Why couldn't Annemarie understand the words of Mrs. Rosen's prayers?
5. Where does Annemarie's mother tell Annemarie that Mrs. Hirsch probably went?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annemarie promise about Ellen's Star of David necklace in Chapter 7?
2. After what does Kirsti name the new kitten?
3. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
4. How does Ellen offer to fix Kirsti's shoes?
5. For what is Annemarie told in Chapter 8 that the living room was prepared?
6. How do the girls forget about their troubles once they get to Uncle Henrik's house?
7. How does Ellen feel as she falls asleep that first night at Annemarie's house?
8. Why do you think Annemarie does not know what happened to her sister when she died?
9. How do the people survive the cold while the electricity has been rationed?
10. How does Annemarie get off Ellen's necklace in Chapter 5?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)