|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Papa tell Annemarie's mother to take the girls in Chapter 6?
(b) Ellen's house.
(d) Uncle Henrik's house.
2. What does Annemarie tell Ellen she should do if the soldiers actually come to the house that night in Chapter 4?
(a) Pretend she cannot talk.
(c) Tell them her name is Lise.
(d) Pretend she cannot hear.
3. In Chapter 9, where does Annemarie go after dinner to have a private conversation with her uncle?
4. In Chapter 1, what do the German soldiers ask Annemarie and Ellen to tell them first?
(a) Where they are going.
(b) Their names.
(c) Their religion.
(d) Their address.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Annemarie accuse Uncle Henrik and Mama of doing?
(b) Helping the soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. After going to Uncle Henrik's house, what does Mama insist the girls do from then on?
2. What does Kirsti want to hear about in her bedtime story from Annemarie in Chapter 2?
3. For what does Henrik tell Mama in Chapter 8 that the next day will be good?
4. Which character goes to bed before the guests for the night of mourning arrive?
5. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the girls forget about their troubles once they get to Uncle Henrik's house?
2. What makes Annemarie and Mama equals for a few moments in Chapter 9?
3. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
4. What had happened to Norway when they fought the Nazis?
5. In Chapter 6, what does Papa think might happen at the school?
6. Why do you think Papa speaks to Henrik on the phone in code?
7. Why is Annemarie jealous of Ellen on the Thursday before her parents leave?
8. For what is Annemarie told in Chapter 8 that the living room was prepared?
9. What does Annemarie realize when Papa makes a joke about Lise's hair?
10. To whom does Annemarie realize she is inadvertently lying in Chapter 9?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)