Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lise engaged to?
2. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
3. How old was Lise when her hair had turned from dark to blonde?
(a) 1 year old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 3 years old.
4. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
(a) Increasing tensions between the Nazis and others.
(b) Activities of the resistance movement.
(c) Orders from their superiors.
(d) Fighting in the streets.
5. What holiday is upcoming which Ellen goes home to help prepare for in Chapter 4?
(b) Jewish New Year.
(d) Yom Kippur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Peter bring when he comes at night to visit Annemarie's parents?
2. Which character goes to bed before the guests for the night of mourning arrive?
3. Which of the following characters has a sewing shop, which is suddenly closed?
4. Who brings the illegal newspaper to Annemarie's parents?
5. What does Mama do while the girls play at Uncle Henrik's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What awakens Annemarie as she dozed off in the rocking chair in Chapter 10?
2. Why do you think Annemarie does not know what happened to her sister when she died?
3. How long does Mrs. Johansen tell Kirsti she will have to wait for a cupcake?
4. Why is Annemarie jealous of Ellen on the Thursday before her parents leave?
5. How did Inge broken her ankle?
6. Why does Papa agree it would be better if Mama takes the girls alone to Uncle Henrik's house?
7. Why does Annemarie think waiting and wondering are scarier than being involved in the danger?
8. Describe at least two of the people who are in the living room "mourning" Aunt Birte with Annemarie.
9. How does Ellen react to having to wear a hand-me-down jacket?
10. Why was Mama a good choice to lead a group to Henrik's boat?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)