|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for a trousseau?
(a) Sheets and pillowcases.
(b) Nightgowns and sleepwear.
(c) Brides clothes and linen.
2. Who was Lise?
(a) Annemarie's best friend.
(b) Annemarie's mother.
(c) Annemarie's older sister.
(d) Annemarie's younger sister.
3. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
4. What does Annemarie help Mama prepare in Chapter 9?
(b) The candles near the casket.
(c) The living room.
5. Which word describes Ellen's reaction to Uncle Henrik's home for the first time?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do while the girls play at Uncle Henrik's?
2. Why does Annemarie tell Ellen to take a specific item she is wearing off in Chapter 5?
3. After going to Uncle Henrik's house, what does Mama insist the girls do from then on?
4. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at the end of Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 4, of what are Kirsti's new shoes made?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what does Papa think might happen at the school?
2. How do the girls forget about their troubles once they get to Uncle Henrik's house?
3. What does Annemarie realize when Papa makes a joke about Lise's hair?
4. Why does Annemarie think she and Kirsti are lucky?
5. How does Ellen feel as she falls asleep that first night at Annemarie's house?
6. Why does Mrs. Rosen tell the girls in Chapter 1 that it is safer to avoid the German soldiers?
7. Why hadn't the king protected the people of Denmark from the German soldiers, according to Annemarie's father?
8. What will happen to all of the people on the Nazi's list?
9. How long does Mrs. Johansen tell Kirsti she will have to wait for a cupcake?
10. For what is Annemarie told in Chapter 8 that the living room was prepared?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)