|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
2. Who gave Ellen the Star of David necklace?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her Godmother.
(d) Her Godfather.
3. Which word describes Ellen's reaction to Uncle Henrik's home for the first time?
4. Which of the following events is the only thing Annemarie knows is true about Lise's death?
(a) She died in tremendous pain.
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) Peter was with her when she died.
(d) She was 21 when she died.
5. What special treat did Mama serve for dinner in addition to the fish in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Kirsti's new shoes?
2. What did Annemarie and Ellen see on the beach at Uncle Henrik's?
3. What month is it when Mama and the girls first travel with Ellen to Uncle Henrik's?
4. Where do Annemarie, Ellen, and Kirsti pretend they are taking their dolls in Chapter 4?
5. What does Kirsti show to the German soldiers when they are stopped getting on the train in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
2. How do Annemarie and Ellen know that their parents are not telling the truth about Mrs. Hirsch when they say she has gone on a vacation to the seashore?
3. How did Annemarie find out the fireworks were not for Kirsti's birthday?
4. Why do the German Soldiers seem a normal part of life to Kirsti?
5. What do Ellen and Annemarie resolve not to tell their mothers in Chapter 1?
6. Why does Annemarie think she and Kirsti are lucky?
7. What will happen to all of the people on the Nazi's list?
8. When the German soldiers asked a little boy why the king would go out alone, what was his answer?
9. How does Ellen feel as she falls asleep that first night at Annemarie's house?
10. How does Ellen offer to fix Kirsti's shoes?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)