|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is different about the new route that Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti take to school in Chapter 2?
(a) It is very windy.
(b) It is shorter.
(c) It is hillier.
(d) It is longer.
2. What does Peter break in order to visit Annemarie's parents at night?
(a) The legs on his horse.
(b) Danish law.
(c) Soldiers rules.
3. What does Kirsti show to the German soldiers when they are stopped getting on the train in Chapter 6?
(a) Her star of David necklace.
(b) Her black shoes.
(c) Her doll.
(d) Her new dress.
4. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
(a) Show them dated birth records.
(b) Show them fingerprints.
(c) Show them her birth certificate.
(d) Show them a baby picture of a black haired child.
5. What did Annemarie and Ellen see on the beach at Uncle Henrik's?
(d) German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Mama and the girls travel to see Uncle Henrik?
2. What surrounds the casket in Uncle Henrik's living room?
3. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
4. What does Annemarie point out to Ellen across the water from Uncle Henrik's home?
5. Where does Annemarie indicate she has hidden her necklace in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tipped off the Rabbi who warned the Jews that the Germans were rounding them up?
2. What does Annemarie point out to Ellen as her Uncle had once pointed out to her?
3. Why does Uncle Henrik tell Annemarie in Chapter 9 that he and Mama are lying?
4. What does Mama want to know once the girls return into Uncle Henrik's house after their fun in the ocean?
5. In Chapter 16, where does Henrik tell Annemarie the Rosens are?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Inge tell Annemarie to do should the soldiers stop her?
7. To whom does Annemarie realize she is inadvertently lying in Chapter 9?
8. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
9. How did Annemarie find out the fireworks were not for Kirsti's birthday?
10. When the German soldiers asked a little boy why the king would go out alone, what was his answer?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)