|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
2. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
3. Which word below best describes how Annemarie feels in her house the first night Ellen sleeps over after her parents leave?
4. Which of the following characters feels the most comfortable with the visit to Uncle Henrik?
5. Which country did not have Nazi soldiers, according to Annmarie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word describes Ellen's reaction to Uncle Henrik's home for the first time?
2. With what toys do Annemarie and Ellen play in Chapter 3?
3. What do the German soldiers do with the photo of Lise?
4. Why did the Danes destroy their naval fleet?
5. What is Ellen wearing that Annemarie tells her to take off in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. After what does Kirsti name the new kitten?
2. How long does Mrs. Johansen tell Kirsti she will have to wait for a cupcake?
3. How does Ellen offer to fix Kirsti's shoes?
4. Why do you think Annemarie does not know what happened to her sister when she died?
5. Why is Annemarie confused by Henrik announcing that tomorrow would be a good day for fishing?
6. What does Annemarie promise about Ellen's Star of David necklace in Chapter 7?
7. For what is Annemarie told in Chapter 8 that the living room was prepared?
8. What happens to most of the milk Uncle Henrik gathers from the cow?
9. How do Annemarie and Ellen know that their parents are not telling the truth about Mrs. Hirsch when they say she has gone on a vacation to the seashore?
10. Why does Mrs. Rosen tell the girls in Chapter 1 that it is safer to avoid the German soldiers?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)