|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters has a sewing shop, which is suddenly closed?
(a) Mrs. Hirsch.
(b) Mrs. Henrik.
(c) Mrs. Johansen.
(d) Mrs. Rosen.
2. Which character sleeps through the entire invasion of the soldiers into the home?
3. Which of the following items was listed as being rationed by the Germans?
(b) Sewing supplies.
4. What does Annemarie help Mama prepare in Chapter 9?
(a) The living room.
(d) The candles near the casket.
5. Who brings Ellen's parents to Uncle Henrik's house?
(a) Mr. Rosen.
(d) Great Aunt Birte.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
2. Who does Annemarie say are the body guards for King Christian?
3. How brave does Annemarie tell Uncle Henrik she is?
4. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
5. What does Annemarie tell Ellen she should do if the soldiers actually come to the house that night in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to most of the milk Uncle Henrik gathers from the cow?
2. How does Annemarie react when the soldiers take her bread in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Annemarie often open Lise's trunk?
4. What coincidence happens as Annemarie tells a story to herself on her trip to visit Uncle Henrik?
5. Why do you think Papa speaks to Henrik on the phone in code?
6. How did Annemarie find out the fireworks were not for Kirsti's birthday?
7. What does Annemarie realize when Papa makes a joke about Lise's hair?
8. Why do you think Annemarie does not know what happened to her sister when she died?
9. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
10. Why was cocaine added to the mixture placed on the handkerchief?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)