|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Lise engaged to?
2. Which of the following events is the only thing Annemarie knows is true about Lise's death?
(a) She was 21 when she died.
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) Peter was with her when she died.
(d) She died in tremendous pain.
3. Who tells Annemarie's mother about being stopped by the soldiers?
(d) The soldiers.
4. For what does Ellen apologize to the family in Chapter 6?
(a) Her dark hair.
(b) Saying her name was Lise.
(c) Making the soldiers come.
(d) Wearing the Star of David.
5. What is Ellen worried about the first night at Uncle Henrik's house?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Her parents.
(c) German soldiers.
(d) Annemarie's safety.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annemarie say are the body guards for King Christian?
2. What do the German soldiers do with the photo of Lise?
3. What awakens Ellen and Annemarie in Chapter 5?
4. What does Ellen's dad do when he sees her for the first time at Uncle Henrik's house?
5. What happened to Lise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Annemarie find out the fireworks were not for Kirsti's birthday?
2. Why does Annemarie think she and Kirsti are lucky?
3. How do the people survive the cold while the electricity has been rationed?
4. Why does Annemarie often open Lise's trunk?
5. Why does Papa agree it would be better if Mama takes the girls alone to Uncle Henrik's house?
6. Why do the German Soldiers seem a normal part of life to Kirsti?
7. How long does Mrs. Johansen tell Kirsti she will have to wait for a cupcake?
8. How does Ellen feel as she falls asleep that first night at Annemarie's house?
9. What had happened to Norway when they fought the Nazis?
10. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)