|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Germans get from the synagogue?
(a) A list of all Jews that attend.
(b) All of the materials for the celebration.
(c) Information to close it down.
(d) All the Jews who were praying.
2. Where does Annemarie go when she wakes up and gets out of bed in Chapter 8?
3. How long has Lise been gone by the end of Chapter 2?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 years.
4. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
(a) Fighting in the streets.
(b) Activities of the resistance movement.
(c) Orders from their superiors.
(d) Increasing tensions between the Nazis and others.
5. What does Mama tell Henrik he should get?
(a) A maid.
(b) A wife.
(c) A new cow.
(d) A new boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do while the girls play at Uncle Henrik's?
2. Who brings the illegal newspaper to Annemarie's parents?
3. Who does Mama introduce the people that arrive at Uncle Henrik's house in Chapter 9 to Ellen as?
4. What month is it when Mama and the girls first travel with Ellen to Uncle Henrik's?
5. What does Kirsti want to hear about in her bedtime story from Annemarie in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the people survive the cold while the electricity has been rationed?
2. Why does Annemarie think she and Kirsti are lucky?
3. How did Annemarie find out the fireworks were not for Kirsti's birthday?
4. How does Ellen offer to fix Kirsti's shoes?
5. Why does Annemarie tell Ellen she must remove the necklace?
6. Why hadn't the king protected the people of Denmark from the German soldiers, according to Annemarie's father?
7. What does Mama want to know once the girls return into Uncle Henrik's house after their fun in the ocean?
8. How does Uncle Henrik tell Annemarie it is easier to be brave?
9. How long does Mrs. Johansen tell Kirsti she will have to wait for a cupcake?
10. How does Ellen feel as she falls asleep that first night at Annemarie's house?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)