|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes best how Ellen feels at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who was Lise?
(a) Annemarie's best friend.
(b) Annemarie's older sister.
(c) Annemarie's younger sister.
(d) Annemarie's mother.
3. What was the main course of the first dinner at Uncle Henrik's house?
4. What does Mama tell Henrik he should get?
(a) A maid.
(b) A new cow.
(c) A new boat.
(d) A wife.
5. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
(a) Orders from their superiors.
(b) Increasing tensions between the Nazis and others.
(c) Fighting in the streets.
(d) Activities of the resistance movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. As mentioned in Chapter 3, which food item has become a staple in the girl's diet?
2. What is Ellen worried about the first night at Uncle Henrik's house?
3. On what occasion did the destruction of the naval fleet occur?
4. Where does Annemarie go when she wakes up and gets out of bed in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 5, what do the German soldiers think has happened to the Rosens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What comparison does Annemarie make between the King of Denmark and the Jews?
2. When the German soldiers asked a little boy why the king would go out alone, what was his answer?
3. Why do you think Annemarie does not know what happened to her sister when she died?
4. What does Annemarie realize when Papa makes a joke about Lise's hair?
5. After what does Kirsti name the new kitten?
6. For what is Annemarie told in Chapter 8 that the living room was prepared?
7. How does Ellen feel as she falls asleep that first night at Annemarie's house?
8. How does Annemarie get off Ellen's necklace in Chapter 5?
9. What will happen to all of the people on the Nazi's list?
10. Why does Mrs. Rosen tell the girls in Chapter 1 that it is safer to avoid the German soldiers?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)