|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
(a) She cannot breathe well.
(b) She broke her ankle.
(c) It is still pretty dark.
(d) It is too cold to run.
2. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
(a) A Star of David necklace.
(b) Peter's notes.
(c) A package.
(d) A handkerchief.
3. How many German soldiers does Annemarie see when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
4. What disease does Mama say Aunt Birte died from?
5. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
(a) Goes upstairs to bed.
(b) Stays downstairs with the guests.
(c) Sleeps on the couch.
(d) Goes out to the barn.
6. When does Henrik leave for his boat in Chapter 10?
(a) Before everyone arrives.
(b) After everyone arrives.
(c) After guests arrive but before the Rosens arrive.
(d) In the middle of the mourning.
7. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
(a) Annemarie Platt.
(b) Annelise Platt.
(c) Lois Lowry.
(d) Annemarie Lowry.
8. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
(d) A gift.
9. While on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat, Annemarie hits a fork in the path; which direction does she choose to go?
(a) Deeper into the woods.
(b) Toward the beach.
(c) The shorter path.
(d) Back toward the house.
10. What does Kirsti wonder about Ellen in Chapter 16?
(a) Why she left her parents.
(b) When she will come back.
(c) When she will go with her.
(d) Where she went.
11. Who does Annemarie think about while she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
12. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
(a) Kirsti's sweater.
(b) A blanket.
(c) A coat.
(d) Annemarie's jacket.
13. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
(a) He is German.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is in the Resistance.
(d) He went to Sweden with the Rosens.
14. At what time does Annemarie become worried and run to the window while waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 4:00 a.m.
(b) 5:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 2:00 a.m.
15. Which of the following characters dies at the end of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the king of Denmark during the occupation?
2. How was Lise killed?
3. Where is the character who dies at the end of the book buried?
4. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
5. Annemarie is afraid of the German soldiers in the woods instead of which dangerous animals?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)