|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
(b) Return to the house right away.
(c) Stay on the boat until morning.
(d) Go to the barn.
2. At what time does Annemarie become worried and run to the window while waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 4:00 a.m.
(b) 3:00 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 5:00 a.m.
3. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
(b) A gift.
4. While on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat, Annemarie hits a fork in the path; which direction does she choose to go?
(a) The shorter path.
(b) Toward the beach.
(c) Deeper into the woods.
(d) Back toward the house.
5. What are the German soldiers holding when Annemarie first sees them when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
(b) A basket filled with food.
(c) The Rosens.
(d) Dogs on leashes.
6. Where is the character who dies at the end of the book buried?
(a) Next to Lise.
(b) Nowhere, his body was never found.
(c) At sea.
(d) In a numbered grave.
7. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
8. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(b) Warm clothes.
(d) A package to give to Henrik.
9. What did Annemarie's mother tell her to be if she is stopped by soldiers?
(a) An adult.
(b) Unable to understand their language.
(c) A silly little girl.
(d) Deaf and mute.
10. Who pounds on the door during the gathering around the casket at Uncle Henrik's house?
(a) A German soldier.
11. In Chapter 17, how many more years is it until the war ends?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
12. What happened to Annemarie's mother on the return trip to the house from the boat?
(a) She got lost.
(b) She broke her ankle.
(c) She had to hide for a long time.
(d) She was stopped by the soldiers.
13. Which of the following was not a reason Mama considered when allowing Annemarie the opportunity to deliver the package in Chapter 13?
(a) She was not injured.
(b) She would not be stopped by soldiers.
(c) She could run fast.
(d) She knew the way.
14. What item from the casket does Peter give to Ellen?
(a) A sweater.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A blanket.
15. What does Peter announce once the psalm has been read in Chapter 10?
(a) That it is time.
(b) That the soldiers are returning.
(c) That he must leave.
(d) That they all must hide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character slips on a loose step outside of the kitchen door?
2. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
3. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
4. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
5. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)