|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
(a) Aunt Birte.
(d) Warm clothes.
2. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
3. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
(a) So it was not afraid of the dark.
(b) So that it did not become sea sick.
(c) So that it could rest.
(d) So that it would not make noise.
4. Where does Mama instruct Annemarie to put the package in Chapter 13?
(a) In her backpack.
(b) In a lunch basket.
(c) Inside her shoes.
(d) Under her sweater.
5. What does Ellen promise to Annemarie as they part in Chapter 12?
(a) To call.
(b) To not be scared.
(c) To write.
(d) To come back one day.
6. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
(a) The Star of David necklace.
(b) Clothing that kept the baby warm.
(c) Traps set by the soldiers.
(d) The package for Henrik.
7. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(b) Warm clothes.
(d) A package to give to Henrik.
8. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
(a) Leaves the house.
(b) Goes to the barn .
(c) Opens the lid to the casket.
(d) Takes a group of people to the boat.
9. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 3:00 a.m.
(b) 3:30 a.m.
(c) 4:30 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
10. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
(a) A Star of David necklace.
(b) Peter's notes.
(c) A package.
(d) A handkerchief.
11. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
(a) Hides behind Mama.
(b) Tells the truth.
(d) Pretends she cannot understand him.
12. Why does Annemarie believe that Kirsti did not feel fear when stopped by the German soldiers?
(a) She was too happy to feel fear.
(b) She was too dumb to feel fear.
(c) She was too innocent to feel fear.
(d) She was too excited to feel fear.
13. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
14. What are the German soldiers holding when Annemarie first sees them when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
(a) A basket filled with food.
(c) Dogs on leashes.
(d) The Rosens.
15. Which of the following is not an item Annemarie uses to hide the package in Chapter 13?
(b) Loaf of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Annemarie's mother on the return trip to the house from the boat?
2. What childhood story does Annemarie tell herself on the trip to her Uncle's boat to deliver a package?
3. Who leads the first group of people to the boat in Chapter 11?
4. What does Henrik tease Annemarie about at the dinner table in Chapter 16?
5. How long should Mama wait before she takes the second group to Henrik in Chapter 11?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)