|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Mama say Aunt Birte died from?
2. Who does Annemarie think about while she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
3. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
(b) Warm clothes.
(c) Aunt Birte.
4. Annemarie is afraid of the German soldiers in the woods instead of which dangerous animals?
(a) Mountain lions.
5. What does the German soldier tell Mama not to do until they leave in Chapter 10?
(a) Bury Aunt Birte.
(c) Open the coffin.
(d) Leave the room.
6. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
(a) Peter's notes.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A package.
(d) A Star of David necklace.
7. What childhood story does Annemarie tell herself on the trip to her Uncle's boat to deliver a package?
(a) Snow White.
(b) Little Red Riding Hood.
(d) Jack and the Beanstalk.
8. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Return to the house right away.
(b) Go to the barn.
(c) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
(d) Stay on the boat until morning.
9. What happened to Annemarie's mother on the return trip to the house from the boat?
(a) She broke her ankle.
(b) She was stopped by the soldiers.
(c) She got lost.
(d) She had to hide for a long time.
10. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
11. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
(a) So it was not afraid of the dark.
(b) So that it did not become sea sick.
(c) So that it could rest.
(d) So that it would not make noise.
12. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
(a) Lois Lowry.
(b) Annemarie Lowry.
(c) Annelise Platt.
(d) Annemarie Platt.
13. What does Mama give everyone in the group in Chapter 11?
(a) A package of food.
(b) Warm clothes.
(c) Tea to drink.
(d) Warm drinks.
14. What item from the casket does Peter give to Ellen?
(a) A jacket.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A blanket.
15. Why does Annemarie say her Uncle won't eat fish?
(a) He's allergic.
(b) The German's take all of the fish.
(c) He is a bad fisherman.
(d) He's sick of the smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Henrik leave for his boat in Chapter 10?
2. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
3. Which of the following is not an item Annemarie uses to hide the package in Chapter 13?
4. Which of the following characters dies at the end of the book?
5. At what time does Annemarie become worried and run to the window while waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)