|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Return to the house right away.
(b) Stay on the boat until morning.
(c) Go to the barn.
(d) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
2. What does the psalm talk about which was read to the group gathered at Uncle Herik's house in Chapter 10?
(a) God protecting the Jews.
(b) God helping all of the people.
(c) God numbering the stars.
(d) Overcoming adversity.
3. Which character reads a psalm for all those gathered once the German soldiers leave Uncle Henrik's house?
4. What time is it when Mama and the Rosen's leave?
(a) 2:30 a.m.
(b) 1:30 a.m.
(c) 2:00 a.m.
(d) 1:00 a.m.
5. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(a) A package to give to Henrik.
(b) Warm clothes.
6. What does Mama give everyone in the group in Chapter 11?
(a) Tea to drink.
(b) Warm drinks.
(c) Warm clothes.
(d) A package of food.
7. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
(a) Opens the lid to the casket.
(b) Goes to the barn .
(c) Leaves the house.
(d) Takes a group of people to the boat.
8. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
(a) Traps set by the soldiers.
(b) The Star of David necklace.
(c) Clothing that kept the baby warm.
(d) The package for Henrik.
9. Which word best describes how Annemarie thinks the Rosens look in their hand-me-down clothes?
10. Who pounds on the door during the gathering around the casket at Uncle Henrik's house?
(b) A German soldier.
11. Annemarie is afraid of the German soldiers in the woods instead of which dangerous animals?
(d) Mountain lions.
12. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
(b) A gift.
13. How does Annemarie decide the dark shape out the window in Chapter 12 must be her mother?
(a) Her mother moves.
(b) Her mother waves.
(c) Her mother calls to her.
(d) She can see her mother clearly.
14. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
15. Where does Mama instruct Annemarie to put the package in Chapter 13?
(a) Under her sweater.
(b) In a lunch basket.
(c) Inside her shoes.
(d) In her backpack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annemarie's mother tell her to be if she is stopped by soldiers?
2. When does Henrik leave for his boat in Chapter 10?
3. What do the German soldiers ask Annemarie about her Uncle in Chapter 15?
4. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
5. What item from the casket does Peter give to Ellen?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)