|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What childhood story does Annemarie tell herself on the trip to her Uncle's boat to deliver a package?
(a) Snow White.
(c) Little Red Riding Hood.
(d) Jack and the Beanstalk.
2. How long should Mama wait before she takes the second group to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. Why does Annemarie say her Uncle won't eat fish?
(a) The German's take all of the fish.
(b) He is a bad fisherman.
(c) He's sick of the smell.
(d) He's allergic.
4. What does Mama give everyone in the group in Chapter 11?
(a) A package of food.
(b) Tea to drink.
(c) Warm drinks.
(d) Warm clothes.
5. Why is Mama's role in Chapter 12 very important?
(a) She can walk quietly.
(b) She knows where Henrik's boat is.
(c) She knows the area well enough to lead people in the dark.
(d) She knows how to avoid the soldiers.
6. What happened to Annemarie's mother on the return trip to the house from the boat?
(a) She was stopped by the soldiers.
(b) She broke her ankle.
(c) She had to hide for a long time.
(d) She got lost.
7. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
8. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
9. What item from the casket does Peter give to Ellen?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A sweater.
10. Where does Annemarie assume the Rosens will be taken in Chapter 11?
(c) United States.
11. Who does Annemarie think about while she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
12. What does the psalm talk about which was read to the group gathered at Uncle Herik's house in Chapter 10?
(a) God helping all of the people.
(b) God protecting the Jews.
(c) Overcoming adversity.
(d) God numbering the stars.
13. Which word best describes how Annemarie thinks the Rosens look in their hand-me-down clothes?
14. How was Lise killed?
(a) Executed at a concentration camp.
(b) Run down by a German military car.
(c) Shot by a German soldier.
(d) Suffocated in a cellar.
15. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
(a) So that it did not become sea sick.
(b) So it was not afraid of the dark.
(c) So that it could rest.
(d) So that it would not make noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how many members of Denmark were Jewish during the time period this book is set in?
2. Where does Mama instruct Annemarie to put the package in Chapter 13?
3. What does the German soldier tell Annemarie that the dogs smell in the basket?
4. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
5. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)