|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
(a) A coat.
(b) Annemarie's jacket.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Kirsti's sweater.
2. What time is it when Mama and the Rosen's leave?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 1:00 a.m.
(d) 2:30 a.m.
3. What happened to Annemarie's mother on the return trip to the house from the boat?
(a) She had to hide for a long time.
(b) She was stopped by the soldiers.
(c) She broke her ankle.
(d) She got lost.
4. What are the German soldiers holding when Annemarie first sees them when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
(a) Dogs on leashes.
(b) The Rosens.
(c) A basket filled with food.
5. What does Mama give everyone in the group in Chapter 11?
(a) Warm clothes.
(b) A package of food.
(c) Warm drinks.
(d) Tea to drink.
6. Who was the character of Peter based upon in real-life?
(a) G.F. Duckwitz.
(b) Kim Malthe-Bruun.
(c) Peter Neilsen.
(d) Annelise Platt.
7. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(a) A package to give to Henrik.
(c) Warm clothes.
8. While on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat, Annemarie hits a fork in the path; which direction does she choose to go?
(a) The shorter path.
(b) Back toward the house.
(c) Toward the beach.
(d) Deeper into the woods.
9. Why is Mama's role in Chapter 12 very important?
(a) She knows where Henrik's boat is.
(b) She knows the area well enough to lead people in the dark.
(c) She knows how to avoid the soldiers.
(d) She can walk quietly.
10. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
(a) Annemarie Lowry.
(b) Annemarie Platt.
(c) Annelise Platt.
(d) Lois Lowry.
11. How long does Annemarie believe it will take Mama to take the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 60 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
12. What does Annemarie take out of the pocket of Lise's yellow dress?
(a) A package.
(b) Peter's notes.
(c) A Star of David necklace.
(d) A handkerchief.
13. Where does Annemarie assume the Rosens will be taken in Chapter 11?
(c) United States.
14. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
(a) So it was not afraid of the dark.
(b) So that it could rest.
(c) So that it did not become sea sick.
(d) So that it would not make noise.
15. What disease does Mama say Aunt Birte died from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen promise to Annemarie as they part in Chapter 12?
2. How does Annemarie decide the dark shape out the window in Chapter 12 must be her mother?
3. Which of the following were mixed and placed on the handkerchief to confuse the dogs?
4. What does Annemarie do as she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
5. What does the German soldier ask Mama about the coffin in Chapter 10?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)