|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
(a) The package for Henrik.
(b) Traps set by the soldiers.
(c) The Star of David necklace.
(d) Clothing that kept the baby warm.
2. What do the German soldiers ask Annemarie about her Uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) Where he eats his lunch.
(b) Why he doesn't get his own lunch.
(c) Why he needs her to deliver his lunch.
(d) Why he doesn't eat fish for lunch.
3. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 4:30 a.m.
(b) 4:00 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
4. How many German soldiers does Annemarie see when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
5. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
(a) So that it would not make noise.
(b) So that it did not become sea sick.
(c) So that it could rest.
(d) So it was not afraid of the dark.
6. What disease does Mama say Aunt Birte died from?
7. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(b) A package to give to Henrik.
(d) Warm clothes.
8. What happened to Annemarie's mother on the return trip to the house from the boat?
(a) She had to hide for a long time.
(b) She got lost.
(c) She broke her ankle.
(d) She was stopped by the soldiers.
9. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
(a) Aunt Birte.
(d) Warm clothes.
10. Why does Annemarie say her Uncle won't eat fish?
(a) He's allergic.
(b) He is a bad fisherman.
(c) The German's take all of the fish.
(d) He's sick of the smell.
11. When does Henrik leave for his boat in Chapter 10?
(a) After guests arrive but before the Rosens arrive.
(b) Before everyone arrives.
(c) After everyone arrives.
(d) In the middle of the mourning.
12. What childhood story does Annemarie tell herself on the trip to her Uncle's boat to deliver a package?
(a) Jack and the Beanstalk.
(c) Snow White.
(d) Little Red Riding Hood.
13. What was Mr. Rosen's profession?
14. What does Mama give everyone in the group in Chapter 11?
(a) Tea to drink.
(b) Warm clothes.
(c) A package of food.
(d) Warm drinks.
15. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
(b) Stay on the boat until morning.
(c) Return to the house right away.
(d) Go to the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the psalm talk about which was read to the group gathered at Uncle Herik's house in Chapter 10?
2. At what time does Annemarie become worried and run to the window while waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
3. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
4. Why is Mama's role in Chapter 12 very important?
5. What did Annemarie's mother tell her to be if she is stopped by soldiers?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)