|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
(a) Goes out to the barn.
(b) Stays downstairs with the guests.
(c) Goes upstairs to bed.
(d) Sleeps on the couch.
2. What was Mr. Rosen's profession?
3. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
(a) Stay on the boat until morning.
(b) Return to the house right away.
(c) Go to the barn.
(d) Go to the beach to pretend she is taking a walk.
4. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
(c) Aunt Birte.
(d) Warm clothes.
5. How does Annemarie decide the dark shape out the window in Chapter 12 must be her mother?
(a) Her mother calls to her.
(b) Her mother moves.
(c) She can see her mother clearly.
(d) Her mother waves.
6. Where does Mama instruct Annemarie to put the package in Chapter 13?
(a) In a lunch basket.
(b) In her backpack.
(c) Inside her shoes.
(d) Under her sweater.
7. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
(a) Kirsti's sweater.
(b) Annemarie's jacket.
(c) A coat.
(d) A blanket.
8. What action does Peter do after the palsm is finished in Chapter 10?
(a) Opens the lid to the casket.
(b) Leaves the house.
(c) Takes a group of people to the boat.
(d) Goes to the barn .
9. About how many members of Denmark were Jewish during the time period this book is set in?
10. Which of the following were mixed and placed on the handkerchief to confuse the dogs?
(a) Dog's blood and heroine.
(b) Rabbit's blood and heroine.
(c) Rabbit's blood and cocaine.
(d) Dog's blood and cocaine.
11. Why is Mama's role in Chapter 12 very important?
(a) She knows the area well enough to lead people in the dark.
(b) She can walk quietly.
(c) She knows where Henrik's boat is.
(d) She knows how to avoid the soldiers.
12. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
(a) It is too cold to run.
(b) She cannot breathe well.
(c) It is still pretty dark.
(d) She broke her ankle.
13. What does Peter announce once the psalm has been read in Chapter 10?
(a) That he must leave.
(b) That it is time.
(c) That the soldiers are returning.
(d) That they all must hide.
14. What does Mama give everyone in the group in Chapter 11?
(a) A package of food.
(b) Tea to drink.
(c) Warm clothes.
(d) Warm drinks.
15. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
(a) He is in the Resistance.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is German.
(d) He went to Sweden with the Rosens.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the character who dies at the end of the book buried?
2. What was the name of the king of Denmark during the occupation?
3. What does Ellen promise to Annemarie as they part in Chapter 12?
4. What item from the casket does Peter give to Ellen?
5. Why does Annemarie believe that Kirsti did not feel fear when stopped by the German soldiers?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)