Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
(a) Stays downstairs with the guests.
(b) Goes upstairs to bed.
(c) Sleeps on the couch.
(d) Goes out to the barn.
2. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
3. What did Annemarie's mother tell her to be if she is stopped by soldiers?
(a) A silly little girl.
(b) Unable to understand their language.
(c) Deaf and mute.
(d) An adult.
4. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
(a) Annelise Platt.
(b) Lois Lowry.
(c) Annemarie Lowry.
(d) Annemarie Platt.
5. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
(a) So that it could rest.
(b) So that it would not make noise.
(c) So that it did not become sea sick.
(d) So it was not afraid of the dark.
6. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(a) A package to give to Henrik.
(d) Warm clothes.
7. What does the German soldier tell Mama not to do until they leave in Chapter 10?
(a) Bury Aunt Birte.
(b) Leave the room.
(c) Open the coffin.
8. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He went to Sweden with the Rosens.
(c) He is German.
(d) He is in the Resistance.
9. Why are many of the apartments in Annemarie's neighborhood empty?
(a) The Germans destroyed them.
(b) The Germans left.
(c) The Jewish owners sold them.
(d) The Jewish owners fled.
10. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
(a) She broke her ankle.
(b) She cannot breathe well.
(c) It is still pretty dark.
(d) It is too cold to run.
11. About how many members of Denmark were Jewish during the time period this book is set in?
12. How was Lise killed?
(a) Shot by a German soldier.
(b) Run down by a German military car.
(c) Executed at a concentration camp.
(d) Suffocated in a cellar.
13. In what does Mama wrap the baby in Chapter 11?
(a) A coat.
(b) Kirsti's sweater.
(c) A blanket.
(d) Annemarie's jacket.
14. Where does Annemarie assume the Rosens will be taken in Chapter 11?
(c) United States.
15. What time is it when Mama and the Rosen's leave?
(a) 1:00 a.m.
(b) 2:00 a.m.
(c) 1:30 a.m.
(d) 2:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the German soldiers holding when Annemarie first sees them when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
2. What happened to Annemarie's mother on the return trip to the house from the boat?
3. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
4. Which of the following characters dies at the end of the book?
5. What was Mr. Rosen's profession?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)