|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
(a) The package for Henrik.
(b) Clothing that kept the baby warm.
(c) The Star of David necklace.
(d) Traps set by the soldiers.
2. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
(a) Goes upstairs to bed.
(b) Stays downstairs with the guests.
(c) Sleeps on the couch.
(d) Goes out to the barn.
3. Which word best describes how Annemarie thinks the Rosens look in their hand-me-down clothes?
4. Why are many of the apartments in Annemarie's neighborhood empty?
(a) The Germans destroyed them.
(b) The Jewish owners sold them.
(c) The Germans left.
(d) The Jewish owners fled.
5. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
6. Which character slips on a loose step outside of the kitchen door?
(a) Mr. Rosen.
7. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
(a) Annemarie Lowry.
(b) Annemarie Platt.
(c) Lois Lowry.
(d) Annelise Platt.
8. What item from the casket does Peter give to Ellen?
(a) A jacket.
(c) A sweater.
(d) A blanket.
9. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
(a) She cannot breathe well.
(b) It is too cold to run.
(c) It is still pretty dark.
(d) She broke her ankle.
10. What does Mama give everyone in the group in Chapter 11?
(a) Warm clothes.
(b) Warm drinks.
(c) A package of food.
(d) Tea to drink.
11. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
(d) A gift.
12. What was Mr. Rosen's profession?
13. Where does Annemarie assume the Rosens will be taken in Chapter 11?
(b) United States.
14. Which of the following is not an item Annemarie uses to hide the package in Chapter 13?
(c) Loaf of bread.
15. Which of the following characters dies at the end of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
2. Why is Mama's role in Chapter 12 very important?
3. At what time does Annemarie become worried and run to the window while waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
4. What do the German soldiers ask Annemarie about her Uncle in Chapter 15?
5. Who pounds on the door during the gathering around the casket at Uncle Henrik's house?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)