|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Mama say Aunt Birte died from?
2. Which of the following words does not describe how Annemarie sees the world during the prayer reading in Chapter 10?
(b) A gift.
3. Where does Mama instruct Annemarie to put the package in Chapter 13?
(a) In a lunch basket.
(b) Under her sweater.
(c) Inside her shoes.
(d) In her backpack.
4. What does the psalm talk about which was read to the group gathered at Uncle Herik's house in Chapter 10?
(a) God protecting the Jews.
(b) God numbering the stars.
(c) Overcoming adversity.
(d) God helping all of the people.
5. What does Peter announce once the psalm has been read in Chapter 10?
(a) That they all must hide.
(b) That he must leave.
(c) That the soldiers are returning.
(d) That it is time.
6. Where does Annemarie assume the Rosens will be taken in Chapter 11?
(a) United States.
7. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
(b) Tells the truth.
(c) Pretends she cannot understand him.
(d) Hides behind Mama.
8. What does Kirsti wonder about Ellen in Chapter 16?
(a) Why she left her parents.
(b) Where she went.
(c) When she will come back.
(d) When she will go with her.
9. Why does Annemarie say her Uncle won't eat fish?
(a) The German's take all of the fish.
(b) He is a bad fisherman.
(c) He's sick of the smell.
(d) He's allergic.
10. While on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat, Annemarie hits a fork in the path; which direction does she choose to go?
(a) Toward the beach.
(b) Back toward the house.
(c) Deeper into the woods.
(d) The shorter path.
11. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(b) A package to give to Henrik.
(c) Warm clothes.
12. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
(c) Warm clothes.
(d) Aunt Birte.
13. What does Annemarie see when she looks out the window in Chapter 12 while waiting for Mama to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
(b) A soldier coming toward the door.
(c) Her mother walking home.
(d) A dark shape in the path.
14. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
(a) He is in the Resistance.
(b) He went to Sweden with the Rosens.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is German.
15. When does Henrik leave for his boat in Chapter 10?
(a) In the middle of the mourning.
(b) After guests arrive but before the Rosens arrive.
(c) After everyone arrives.
(d) Before everyone arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the handkerchief coated with?
2. How long does Annemarie believe it will take Mama to take the Rosens to the boat?
3. Who leads the first group of people to the boat in Chapter 11?
4. Why does Annemarie believe that Kirsti did not feel fear when stopped by the German soldiers?
5. What was the name of the king of Denmark during the occupation?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)