|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the German soldiers ask Annemarie about her Uncle in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he doesn't get his own lunch.
(b) Why he doesn't eat fish for lunch.
(c) Why he needs her to deliver his lunch.
(d) Where he eats his lunch.
2. Who does the author credit for for helping her to write this story?
(a) Annemarie Platt.
(b) Lois Lowry.
(c) Annelise Platt.
(d) Annemarie Lowry.
3. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
(b) Warm clothes.
(d) Aunt Birte.
4. What are the German soldiers holding when Annemarie first sees them when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
(a) A basket filled with food.
(b) Dogs on leashes.
(d) The Rosens.
5. Which of the following words best describes dinner with Uncle Henrik after he has delivered the Rosens to Sweden?
6. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 3:30 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 4:00 a.m.
7. What does Kirsti wonder about Ellen in Chapter 16?
(a) Where she went.
(b) When she will go with her.
(c) When she will come back.
(d) Why she left her parents.
8. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
9. Which of the following is not an item Annemarie uses to hide the package in Chapter 13?
(d) Loaf of bread.
10. Why did the baby need to be drugged according to Henrik?
(a) So that it would not make noise.
(b) So it was not afraid of the dark.
(c) So that it could rest.
(d) So that it did not become sea sick.
11. Which of the following were mixed and placed on the handkerchief to confuse the dogs?
(a) Rabbit's blood and heroine.
(b) Dog's blood and heroine.
(c) Rabbit's blood and cocaine.
(d) Dog's blood and cocaine.
12. How was Lise killed?
(a) Executed at a concentration camp.
(b) Run down by a German military car.
(c) Suffocated in a cellar.
(d) Shot by a German soldier.
13. Which of the following does Annemarie think must be scarier than being involved in dangerous situations?
14. What does Annemarie do when she comes upon the German soldiers in Chapter 15?
(a) Wishes them good morning.
(b) Ignores them.
(c) Looks down and away from them.
(d) Asks them to help her.
15. Who leads the first group of people to the boat in Chapter 11?
(d) Mr. Rosen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the king of Denmark during the occupation?
2. What does Henrik tease Annemarie about at the dinner table in Chapter 16?
3. What was the handkerchief coated with?
4. What is Annemarie startled to learn about Peter?
5. What does Peter tell Mama to do once she has delivered the Rosens to Henrik in Chapter 11?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)