|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Annemarie think about while she is waiting for her mother to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
2. What does the psalm talk about which was read to the group gathered at Uncle Herik's house in Chapter 10?
(a) God numbering the stars.
(b) God protecting the Jews.
(c) Overcoming adversity.
(d) God helping all of the people.
3. What does Peter give to Mr. Rosen in Chapter 11?
(b) Warm clothes.
(d) A package to give to Henrik.
4. What does Annemarie find near the steps in Chapter 13?
(a) The package for Henrik.
(b) The Star of David necklace.
(c) Traps set by the soldiers.
(d) Clothing that kept the baby warm.
5. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 4:00 a.m.
(b) 4:30 a.m.
(c) 3:00 a.m.
(d) 3:30 a.m.
6. Which character slips on a loose step outside of the kitchen door?
(a) Mr. Rosen.
7. How long does Annemarie believe it will take Mama to take the Rosens to the boat?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 60 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
8. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
(b) Hides behind Mama.
(c) Tells the truth.
(d) Pretends she cannot understand him.
9. Why does Peter tell the group in Chapter 11 that they will need warm clothes?
(a) Their trip will be cold.
(b) The boat has no heat.
(c) They will be outside for a long time.
(d) They will have to travel by horse.
10. In what year did Denmark surrender to Germany?
11. Why are many of the apartments in Annemarie's neighborhood empty?
(a) The Jewish owners fled.
(b) The Germans left.
(c) The Germans destroyed them.
(d) The Jewish owners sold them.
12. Why does Annemarie believe that Kirsti did not feel fear when stopped by the German soldiers?
(a) She was too excited to feel fear.
(b) She was too dumb to feel fear.
(c) She was too innocent to feel fear.
(d) She was too happy to feel fear.
13. Which word best describes how Annemarie thinks the Rosens look in their hand-me-down clothes?
14. Where does Mama instruct Annemarie to put the package in Chapter 13?
(a) In her backpack.
(b) In a lunch basket.
(c) Inside her shoes.
(d) Under her sweater.
15. What does the German soldier tell Annemarie that the dogs smell in the basket?
(a) A package.
(c) A handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the character of Peter based upon in real-life?
2. What does the German soldier ask Mama about the coffin in Chapter 10?
3. Why does Annemarie say her Uncle won't eat fish?
4. What does Annemarie see when she looks out the window in Chapter 12 while waiting for Mama to return from taking the Rosens to the boat?
5. Where is the character who dies at the end of the book buried?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)