|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How brave does Annemarie tell Uncle Henrik she is?
(a) Very brave.
(b) The exact opposite of brave.
(c) The bravest.
(d) Not very brave.
2. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
3. What does Annemarie point out to Ellen across the water from Uncle Henrik's home?
(c) German soldiers.
4. Where does Annemarie see Uncle Henrik go in the morning in Chapter 8?
(a) To his boat.
(b) To the barn.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To the attic.
5. What does Annemarie tell Ellen she should do if the soldiers actually come to the house that night in Chapter 4?
(b) Tell them her name is Lise.
(c) Pretend she cannot talk.
(d) Pretend she cannot hear.
6. What month is it when Mama and the girls first travel with Ellen to Uncle Henrik's?
7. Who was Lise?
(a) Annemarie's best friend.
(b) Annemarie's mother.
(c) Annemarie's older sister.
(d) Annemarie's younger sister.
8. With what toys do Annemarie and Ellen play in Chapter 3?
(c) Paper dolls.
9. What is Henrik's occupation?
(a) Tourist trips.
10. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
11. Where does Annemarie go when she wakes up and gets out of bed in Chapter 8?
12. Where does Annemarie's mother tell Annemarie that Mrs. Hirsch probably went?
(a) To a camp.
(b) With the soldiers.
(c) To Sweden.
(d) Seashore for a vacation.
13. What passes between Annemarie and her mother which indicates they both know they are telling a lie in Chapter 9?
(b) A note.
(c) Nothing, Annemarie does not know it is a lie.
(d) A look.
14. What did the Germans get from the synagogue?
(a) All of the materials for the celebration.
(b) All the Jews who were praying.
(c) Information to close it down.
(d) A list of all Jews that attend.
15. What was the name of the dog Mama had when she was growing up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls play during the day at Uncle Henrik's?
2. Who tells Annemarie's mother about being stopped by the soldiers?
3. Which of the following would not be an adjective Annemarie would use to describe her father?
4. In Chapter 9, where does Annemarie go after dinner to have a private conversation with her uncle?
5. Which of the following items was listed as being rationed by the Germans?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)