Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
2. What special treat did Mama serve for dinner in addition to the fish in Chapter 7?
3. What does Annemarie point out to Ellen across the water from Uncle Henrik's home?
(b) German soldiers.
4. What pulls up to the house in Chapter 9, which signals that Henrik and Annemarie should return to the house?
(a) Ellen's parents.
(b) A hearse.
5. What item was Annemarie surprised to see on the table in the morning for breakfast at Uncle Henrik's?
6. Why are the girls supposed to stop by the sewing shop in Chapter 2?
(a) They need more yarn to make blankets because it is so cold.
(b) Annemarie has a broken button on her jacket.
(c) Kirsti has a broken button on her jacket.
(d) They help in the sewing shop on certain days of the week.
7. Who brings the illegal newspaper to Annemarie's parents?
(a) Peter Neilsen.
(b) Mrs. Rosen.
(d) Mrs. Johansen.
8. Who does Mama introduce the people that arrive at Uncle Henrik's house in Chapter 9 to Ellen as?
(a) Ellen's parent's friends.
(b) Uncle Henrik's friends.
(c) Great Aunt Birte's friends.
(d) Peter Neilsen's friends.
9. In Chapter 9, where does Annemarie go after dinner to have a private conversation with her uncle?
10. How do Mama and the girls travel to see Uncle Henrik?
11. What was the main course of the first dinner at Uncle Henrik's house?
12. What does Mama do while the girls play at Uncle Henrik's?
(a) Makes butter.
(b) Prepares the casket.
(c) Scrubs and dusts the house.
(d) Makes cream.
13. What do Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen's mothers do every afternoon?
(a) Walk the girls to school.
(b) Drink coffee together.
(c) Cook meals for the fighters.
(d) Get together to make extra blankets.
14. Who does Annemarie say are the body guards for King Christian?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) All of Denmark.
(c) All of the men.
(d) All of the knights.
15. In Chapter 4, what does Annemarie's father tell Ellen and Annemarie to do, should anyone ask?
(a) Pretend they do not understand the language.
(b) Pretend to be sisters.
(c) Pretend they are unable to talk.
(d) Pretend Ellen's parents went to the seashore.
Short Answer Questions
1. After going to Uncle Henrik's house, what does Mama insist the girls do from then on?
2. Which character sleeps through the entire invasion of the soldiers into the home?
3. Who was Lise?
4. What was the name of the dog Mama had when she was growing up?
5. What is of great concern to Annemarie's mother about Mrs. Hirsch's shop being closed?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)