|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items was listed as being rationed by the Germans?
(d) Sewing supplies.
2. What do Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen's mothers do every afternoon?
(a) Cook meals for the fighters.
(b) Walk the girls to school.
(c) Get together to make extra blankets.
(d) Drink coffee together.
3. What is Ellen wearing that Annemarie tells her to take off in Chapter 5?
(b) A bracelet.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
4. In Chapter 8, where does Henrik say he will be spending the night?
(a) In Sweden.
(b) On his boat.
(c) In the living room.
(d) In the barn.
5. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
(a) It is written in German.
(b) It is written and they cannot read.
(c) It is too high on the door to see clearly.
(d) It is written in English.
6. What does Annemarie notice is missing from her mother and Uncle Henrik's conversation in Chapter 7?
(b) Serious discussion.
7. Who tells Annemarie's mother about being stopped by the soldiers?
(a) The soldiers.
8. Which character sleeps through the entire invasion of the soldiers into the home?
9. How do Mama and the girls travel to see Uncle Henrik?
10. What was the main course of the first dinner at Uncle Henrik's house?
11. What news does Peter bring when he comes at night to visit Annemarie's parents?
(a) That Mrs. Hirsch is safely at the seashore.
(b) The Germans are closing businesses owned by Jews.
(c) A new issue of the illegal newspaper.
(d) The Germans will be invading various homes.
12. How old was Lise when her hair had turned from dark to blonde?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 1 year old.
(d) 5 years old.
13. What item was Annemarie surprised to see on the table in the morning for breakfast at Uncle Henrik's?
14. Who was Lise engaged to?
15. What is the name of Henrik's cow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama do while the girls play at Uncle Henrik's?
2. What was the name of the king of Denmark's horse?
3. In Chapter 9, where does Annemarie go after dinner to have a private conversation with her uncle?
4. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
5. What pulls up to the house in Chapter 9, which signals that Henrik and Annemarie should return to the house?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)