|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen's mothers do every afternoon?
(a) Drink coffee together.
(b) Walk the girls to school.
(c) Cook meals for the fighters.
(d) Get together to make extra blankets.
2. What was the name of the dog Mama had when she was growing up?
3. After going to Uncle Henrik's house, what does Mama insist the girls do from then on?
(a) Help Uncle Henrik on the boat.
(b) Eat only potatoes.
(c) Stay in the house.
(d) Only swim during the night.
4. What is Henrik's occupation?
(c) Tourist trips.
5. Who was Lise?
(a) Annemarie's mother.
(b) Annemarie's younger sister.
(c) Annemarie's older sister.
(d) Annemarie's best friend.
6. Who does Annemarie say are the body guards for King Christian?
(a) All of the men.
(b) All of the knights.
(c) All of Denmark.
(d) The Nazis.
7. What is different about the new route that Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti take to school in Chapter 2?
(a) It is very windy.
(b) It is hillier.
(c) It is longer.
(d) It is shorter.
8. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
(a) It is written in German.
(b) It is too high on the door to see clearly.
(c) It is written and they cannot read.
(d) It is written in English.
9. What was the main course of the first dinner at Uncle Henrik's house?
10. Which of the following would not be an adjective Annemarie would use to describe her father?
11. Which of the following is a famous storyteller who was also a Dane?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(b) Brothers Grimm.
(c) Hans Christian Anderson.
(d) Mother Goose.
12. What does Kirsti decide to name the kitten?
13. Where does Annemarie go when she wakes up and gets out of bed in Chapter 8?
14. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
15. Where do the girls play during the day at Uncle Henrik's?
(d) Pasture behind the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Mama say she has prepared the living room at the end of Chapter 8?
2. Why did the Danes destroy their naval fleet?
3. What item was Annemarie surprised to see on the table in the morning for breakfast at Uncle Henrik's?
4. What does Annemarie's mother do when the soldiers come in Chapter 5 that she has not done at night since they were forced to ration electricity?
5. Who brings Ellen's parents to Uncle Henrik's house?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)