|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Annemarie say are the body guards for King Christian?
(a) All of Denmark.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) All of the men.
(d) All of the knights.
2. Why are the girls supposed to stop by the sewing shop in Chapter 2?
(a) They need more yarn to make blankets because it is so cold.
(b) They help in the sewing shop on certain days of the week.
(c) Annemarie has a broken button on her jacket.
(d) Kirsti has a broken button on her jacket.
3. Why did the Danes destroy their naval fleet?
(a) To build a barrier in the harbor.
(b) To kill Germans.
(c) They did not destroy their fleet, the Germans destroyed it.
(d) To keep the ships away from the Germans.
4. Who was Lise?
(a) Annemarie's best friend.
(b) Annemarie's older sister.
(c) Annemarie's mother.
(d) Annemarie's younger sister.
5. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
(a) It is too high on the door to see clearly.
(b) It is written in German.
(c) It is written and they cannot read.
(d) It is written in English.
6. What does Annemarie notice is missing from her mother and Uncle Henrik's conversation in Chapter 7?
(c) Serious discussion.
7. What does Kirsti want to hear about in her bedtime story from Annemarie in Chapter 2?
(b) Life with no soldiers.
(c) Kings and queens.
(d) Cupcakes and sweets.
8. Whose house had Annemarie been visiting when she saw Sweden?
9. What does Kirsti show to the German soldiers when they are stopped getting on the train in Chapter 6?
(a) Her doll.
(b) Her black shoes.
(c) Her star of David necklace.
(d) Her new dress.
10. What does Ellen remember from the amusement park best of all?
11. Who gave Ellen the Star of David necklace?
(a) Her Godmother.
(b) Her Godfather.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
12. What is the name of Henrik's cow?
13. For what does Mama say she has prepared the living room at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) A visit from Aunt Birte.
(b) A visit by the soldiers.
(c) The girls to play.
(d) A casket.
14. Which word describes Mama's feelings when the girls return from the beach at Uncle Henrik's?
15. Which of the following is the best definition for a trousseau?
(b) Nightgowns and sleepwear.
(c) Sheets and pillowcases.
(d) Brides clothes and linen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls play during the day at Uncle Henrik's?
2. What did the Germans get from the synagogue?
3. What was the name of the king of Denmark's horse?
4. What was the main course of the first dinner at Uncle Henrik's house?
5. What does Annemarie tell Ellen she should do if the soldiers actually come to the house that night in Chapter 4?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)