|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what do the German soldiers ask Annemarie and Ellen to tell them first?
(a) Their address.
(b) Where they are going.
(c) Their religion.
(d) Their names.
2. Where does Annemarie indicate she has hidden her necklace in Chapter 7?
(a) On Uncle Henrik's boat.
(b) In her Bible.
(c) In with the baby pictures.
(d) Somewhere safe.
3. Which country did not have Nazi soldiers, according to Annmarie?
4. As mentioned in Chapter 3, which food item has become a staple in the girl's diet?
5. Which of the following items was listed as being rationed by the Germans?
(a) Sewing supplies.
6. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at the end of Chapter 5?
7. Who regularly takes Uncle Henrik's milk?
8. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
(a) Show them dated birth records.
(b) Show them a baby picture of a black haired child.
(c) Show them her birth certificate.
(d) Show them fingerprints.
9. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
(a) It is too high on the door to see clearly.
(b) It is written and they cannot read.
(c) It is written in English.
(d) It is written in German.
10. In Chapter 9, what does Annemarie accuse Uncle Henrik and Mama of doing?
(b) Helping the soldiers.
11. What do Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen's mothers do every afternoon?
(a) Drink coffee together.
(b) Walk the girls to school.
(c) Cook meals for the fighters.
(d) Get together to make extra blankets.
12. What special treat did Mama serve for dinner in addition to the fish in Chapter 7?
13. What is different about the new route that Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti take to school in Chapter 2?
(a) It is longer.
(b) It is hillier.
(c) It is shorter.
(d) It is very windy.
14. With what toys do Annemarie and Ellen play in Chapter 3?
(c) Paper dolls.
15. What color are Kirsti's new shoes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Lise?
2. Who does Annemarie say are the body guards for King Christian?
3. Which character goes to bed before the guests for the night of mourning arrive?
4. Who does Mama introduce the people that arrive at Uncle Henrik's house in Chapter 9 to Ellen as?
5. What did Annemarie and Ellen see on the beach at Uncle Henrik's?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)