|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
(a) Show them a baby picture of a black haired child.
(b) Show them her birth certificate.
(c) Show them dated birth records.
(d) Show them fingerprints.
2. How long has Lise been gone by the end of Chapter 2?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. What does Annemarie help Mama prepare in Chapter 9?
(c) The candles near the casket.
(d) The living room.
4. How brave does Annemarie tell Uncle Henrik she is?
(a) The bravest.
(b) Not very brave.
(c) Very brave.
(d) The exact opposite of brave.
5. In Chapter 9, what does Annemarie accuse Uncle Henrik and Mama of doing?
(c) Helping the soldiers.
6. What does Mama tell Henrik he should get?
(a) A maid.
(b) A new boat.
(c) A wife.
(d) A new cow.
7. Where does Annemarie see Uncle Henrik go in the morning in Chapter 8?
(a) To the barn.
(b) To his boat.
(c) To the attic.
(d) To the ocean.
8. What does Ellen remember from the amusement park best of all?
9. What do Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen's mothers do every afternoon?
(a) Walk the girls to school.
(b) Drink coffee together.
(c) Cook meals for the fighters.
(d) Get together to make extra blankets.
10. What does Kirsti want to hear about in her bedtime story from Annemarie in Chapter 2?
(a) Life with no soldiers.
(b) Cupcakes and sweets.
(c) Kings and queens.
11. Who tells Annemarie's mother about being stopped by the soldiers?
(b) The soldiers.
12. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
13. Where does Annemarie indicate she has hidden her necklace in Chapter 7?
(a) On Uncle Henrik's boat.
(b) In her Bible.
(c) In with the baby pictures.
(d) Somewhere safe.
14. What is of great concern to Annemarie's mother about Mrs. Hirsch's shop being closed?
(a) That the Germans will now ration buttons and thread.
(b) That Mrs. Hirsch is not being loyal to the king.
(c) The fact that the sign is written in German.
(d) That Kirsti will not have a button for her jacket.
15. What is Henrik's occupation?
(a) Tourist trips.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Kirsti's new shoes?
2. Which of the following is a famous storyteller who was also a Dane?
3. What item was Annemarie surprised to see on the table in the morning for breakfast at Uncle Henrik's?
4. Who gave Ellen the Star of David necklace?
5. What happened to Lise?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)