|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Germans get from the synagogue?
(a) All the Jews who were praying.
(b) Information to close it down.
(c) All of the materials for the celebration.
(d) A list of all Jews that attend.
2. What does Ellen remember from the amusement park best of all?
3. What surrounds the casket in Uncle Henrik's living room?
4. Who tells Annemarie's mother about being stopped by the soldiers?
(d) The soldiers.
5. What special treat did Mama serve for dinner in addition to the fish in Chapter 7?
6. In Chapter 9, where does Annemarie go after dinner to have a private conversation with her uncle?
7. What did Annemarie and Ellen see on the beach at Uncle Henrik's?
(d) German soldiers.
8. Why couldn't Annemarie understand the words of Mrs. Rosen's prayers?
(a) They didn't make sense to her.
(b) They were in a different language.
(c) She spoke too fast.
(d) She didn't understand Mrs. Rosen.
9. Which of the following is the best definition for a trousseau?
(a) Brides clothes and linen.
(b) Nightgowns and sleepwear.
(d) Sheets and pillowcases.
10. Who regularly takes Uncle Henrik's milk?
11. What does Kirsti wish she could have in Chapter 1, but instead is given plain bread?
(a) A cupcake.
(d) Birthday cake.
12. What is Henrik's occupation?
(d) Tourist trips.
13. Which word describes Mama's feelings when the girls return from the beach at Uncle Henrik's?
14. What does Annemarie notice is missing from her mother and Uncle Henrik's conversation in Chapter 7?
(a) Serious discussion.
15. In English, what is the name of the illegal newspaper which Annemarie's parents read occasionally?
(a) Freedom from Germany.
(b) The Free Danes.
(c) Danish Freedom Today.
(d) Freedom Fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way has Peter changed since Lise has been gone?
2. Which country did not have Nazi soldiers, according to Annmarie?
3. Where does Papa tell Annemarie's mother to take the girls in Chapter 6?
4. How do Mama and the girls travel to see Uncle Henrik?
5. How old was Lise when her hair had turned from dark to blonde?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)