|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Annemarie's mother say the celebration in Chapter 4 had to be canceled?
(a) The Germans took Mr. and Mrs. Rosen away.
(b) The rationing prevented them from being able to have a celebration.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Rosen were called away to visit relatives.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Rosen are very ill.
2. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
(a) Orders from their superiors.
(b) Activities of the resistance movement.
(c) Fighting in the streets.
(d) Increasing tensions between the Nazis and others.
3. Who does Annemarie say are the body guards for King Christian?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) All of the men.
(c) All of the knights.
(d) All of Denmark.
4. In Chapter 5, what does Papa tell Henrik that Inge will be bringing him?
(a) Jewish girl.
(c) Carton of cigarettes.
5. Where does Annemarie go when she wakes up and gets out of bed in Chapter 8?
6. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
7. Whose house had Annemarie been visiting when she saw Sweden?
8. What was the name of the dog Mama had when she was growing up?
9. What was the main course of the first dinner at Uncle Henrik's house?
10. What month is it when Mama and the girls first travel with Ellen to Uncle Henrik's?
11. How brave does Annemarie tell Uncle Henrik she is?
(a) The bravest.
(b) The exact opposite of brave.
(c) Not very brave.
(d) Very brave.
12. What did the Germans get from the synagogue?
(a) All the Jews who were praying.
(b) A list of all Jews that attend.
(c) All of the materials for the celebration.
(d) Information to close it down.
13. Why do Ellen and Annemarie not go to school the day after the German soldiers search their home?
(a) Papa says it is too dangerous.
(b) They are too tired from being up all night.
(c) Schools are closed.
(d) They must continue to hide from the soldiers.
14. What is Ellen wearing that Annemarie tells her to take off in Chapter 5?
(b) A ring.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A bracelet.
15. What special treat did Mama serve for dinner in addition to the fish in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at the end of Chapter 5?
2. Who was Lise?
3. What does Annemarie tell Ellen she should do if the soldiers actually come to the house that night in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 5, what do the German soldiers think has happened to the Rosens?
5. Which of the following items was listed as being rationed by the Germans?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)