Short Answer Key
1. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
2. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
3. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
4. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 1, what do the German soldiers ask Annemarie and Ellen to tell them first?
6. Who tells Annemarie's mother about being stopped by the soldiers?
7. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
Activities of the resistance movement.
8. What does Mrs. Rosen insist Annemarie and Ellen do on their way to school the day after being stopped by the German soldiers?
Walk a different way.
This section contains 2,828 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)