|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annemarie do when her mother tells her to go to bed in Chapter 10?
(a) Goes upstairs to bed.
(b) Goes out to the barn.
(c) Stays downstairs with the guests.
(d) Sleeps on the couch.
2. What is Ellen worried about the first night at Uncle Henrik's house?
(a) Annemarie's safety.
(b) German soldiers.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her necklace.
3. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
(a) She broke her ankle.
(b) It is too cold to run.
(c) She cannot breathe well.
(d) It is still pretty dark.
4. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
(a) Show them dated birth records.
(b) Show them her birth certificate.
(c) Show them a baby picture of a black haired child.
(d) Show them fingerprints.
5. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the German soldiers ask Annemarie about her Uncle in Chapter 15?
2. What does Kirsti wish she could have in Chapter 1, but instead is given plain bread?
3. For what does Ellen apologize to the family in Chapter 6?
4. Which character reads a psalm for all those gathered once the German soldiers leave Uncle Henrik's house?
5. Why did Annemarie's mother say the celebration in Chapter 4 had to be canceled?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)