|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After going to Uncle Henrik's house, what does Mama insist the girls do from then on?
(a) Eat only potatoes.
(b) Only swim during the night.
(c) Help Uncle Henrik on the boat.
(d) Stay in the house.
2. What does Annemarie do in Chapter 10 when the German soldier asks her about who died?
(a) Pretends she cannot understand him.
(c) Hides behind Mama.
(d) Tells the truth.
3. Who brings the illegal newspaper to Annemarie's parents?
(a) Mrs. Rosen.
(c) Mrs. Johansen.
(d) Peter Neilsen.
4. What is of great concern to Annemarie's mother about Mrs. Hirsch's shop being closed?
(a) That the Germans will now ration buttons and thread.
(b) That Kirsti will not have a button for her jacket.
(c) The fact that the sign is written in German.
(d) That Mrs. Hirsch is not being loyal to the king.
5. Which of the following would not be an adjective Annemarie would use to describe her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peter tell the group in Chapter 11 that they will need warm clothes?
2. Where does Annemarie's mother tell Annemarie that Mrs. Hirsch probably went?
3. What pulls up to the house in Chapter 9, which signals that Henrik and Annemarie should return to the house?
4. What does Kirsti wish she could have in Chapter 1, but instead is given plain bread?
5. At what time does Annemarie think her mother should be back at the house after taking the Rosens to the boat?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)