|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What news does Peter bring when he comes at night to visit Annemarie's parents?
(a) The Germans are closing businesses owned by Jews.
(b) The Germans will be invading various homes.
(c) That Mrs. Hirsch is safely at the seashore.
(d) A new issue of the illegal newspaper.
3. What color are Kirsti's new shoes?
4. Who was Lise?
(a) Annemarie's younger sister.
(b) Annemarie's best friend.
(c) Annemarie's mother.
(d) Annemarie's older sister.
5. Where does Annemarie go when she wakes up and gets out of bed in Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the casket at Uncle Henrik's house filled with?
2. Which character goes to bed before the guests for the night of mourning arrive?
3. What does Uncle Henrik admit to Annemarie in the barn?
4. Why couldn't Annemarie understand the words of Mrs. Rosen's prayers?
5. What does Mrs. Rosen insist Annemarie and Ellen do on their way to school the day after being stopped by the German soldiers?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)