|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Annemarie say are the body guards for King Christian?
(a) All of the knights.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) All of the men.
(d) All of Denmark.
2. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
(a) Show them dated birth records.
(b) Show them her birth certificate.
(c) Show them a baby picture of a black haired child.
(d) Show them fingerprints.
3. Which word below best describes how Annemarie feels in her house the first night Ellen sleeps over after her parents leave?
4. What does Kirsti decide to name the kitten?
5. What does Kirsti wish she could have in Chapter 1, but instead is given plain bread?
(b) Birthday cake.
(d) A cupcake.
Short Answer Questions
1. After going to Uncle Henrik's house, what does Mama insist the girls do from then on?
2. What does Annemarie tell Ellen she should do if the soldiers actually come to the house that night in Chapter 4?
3. What happened to Lise?
4. What does Mama tell Henrik he should get?
5. Why couldn't Annemarie understand the words of Mrs. Rosen's prayers?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)