|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Danes destroy their naval fleet?
(a) They did not destroy their fleet, the Germans destroyed it.
(b) To kill Germans.
(c) To build a barrier in the harbor.
(d) To keep the ships away from the Germans.
2. On what occasion did the destruction of the naval fleet occur?
(a) Annemarie's birthday.
(b) Kirsti's birthday.
(c) The king's birthday.
(d) Ellen's birthday.
3. What happened to Lise?
(a) She married and moved away.
(b) She died in an accident.
(c) Peter's horse trampled her.
(d) She was killed by the soldiers.
4. Why does Annemarie tell Ellen to take a specific item she is wearing off in Chapter 5?
(a) It spells out her name.
(b) It has a Star of David on it.
(c) It has a picture of her mother in it.
(d) It is illegal to wear jewelry in front of the German soldiers.
5. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Annemarie and Ellen see on the beach at Uncle Henrik's?
2. Who was Lise?
3. In Chapter 4, of what are Kirsti's new shoes made?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Papa tell Henrik that Inge will be bringing him?
5. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)