|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following events is the only thing Annemarie knows is true about Lise's death?
(a) Peter was with her when she died.
(b) She died in tremendous pain.
(c) She was hit by a car.
(d) She was 21 when she died.
2. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
3. Where does Annemarie's mother tell Annemarie that Mrs. Hirsch probably went?
(a) To a camp.
(b) Seashore for a vacation.
(c) To Sweden.
(d) With the soldiers.
4. Where does Annemarie indicate she has hidden her necklace in Chapter 7?
(a) Somewhere safe.
(b) In her Bible.
(c) In with the baby pictures.
(d) On Uncle Henrik's boat.
5. What does Kirsti want to hear about in her bedtime story from Annemarie in Chapter 2?
(a) Cupcakes and sweets.
(b) Kings and queens.
(d) Life with no soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Lise been gone by the end of Chapter 2?
2. Which character sleeps through the entire invasion of the soldiers into the home?
3. In what way has Peter changed since Lise has been gone?
4. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
5. What is of great concern to Annemarie's mother about Mrs. Hirsch's shop being closed?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)