|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lise when her hair had turned from dark to blonde?
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 3 years old.
(c) 5 years old.
(d) 1 year old.
2. Why did the Danes destroy their naval fleet?
(a) They did not destroy their fleet, the Germans destroyed it.
(b) To keep the ships away from the Germans.
(c) To kill Germans.
(d) To build a barrier in the harbor.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 3, which food item has become a staple in the girl's diet?
4. Why does Annemarie tell Ellen to take a specific item she is wearing off in Chapter 5?
(a) It has a Star of David on it.
(b) It has a picture of her mother in it.
(c) It is illegal to wear jewelry in front of the German soldiers.
(d) It spells out her name.
5. In Chapter 5, what do the German soldiers think has happened to the Rosens?
(a) They think they are hiding in the building.
(b) They think they may be hiding with the Johansens.
(c) They think they left the country.
(d) They think they ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
2. What does Annemarie point out to Ellen across the water from Uncle Henrik's home?
3. What did Annemarie and Ellen see on the beach at Uncle Henrik's?
4. In Chapter 4, of what are Kirsti's new shoes made?
5. What do the German soldiers do with the photo of Lise?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)