|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Danes destroy their naval fleet?
(a) To build a barrier in the harbor.
(b) To keep the ships away from the Germans.
(c) They did not destroy their fleet, the Germans destroyed it.
(d) To kill Germans.
2. Which of the following events is the only thing Annemarie knows is true about Lise's death?
(a) She died in tremendous pain.
(b) Peter was with her when she died.
(c) She was 21 when she died.
(d) She was hit by a car.
3. What is Ellen wearing that Annemarie tells her to take off in Chapter 5?
(a) A bracelet.
(b) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
4. What happened to Lise?
(a) She was killed by the soldiers.
(b) She married and moved away.
(c) Peter's horse trampled her.
(d) She died in an accident.
5. What does Kirsti wish she could have in Chapter 1, but instead is given plain bread?
(a) A cupcake.
(d) Birthday cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annemarie tell Ellen she should do if the soldiers actually come to the house that night in Chapter 4?
2. On what occasion did the destruction of the naval fleet occur?
3. Why did Annemarie's mother say the celebration in Chapter 4 had to be canceled?
4. With what toys do Annemarie and Ellen play in Chapter 3?
5. Why couldn't Annemarie understand the words of Mrs. Rosen's prayers?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)