|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
(a) It is written in English.
(b) It is too high on the door to see clearly.
(c) It is written in German.
(d) It is written and they cannot read.
2. What does Kirsti wish she could have in Chapter 1, but instead is given plain bread?
(a) Birthday cake.
(d) A cupcake.
3. As mentioned in Chapter 3, which food item has become a staple in the girl's diet?
4. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
5. Where do Annemarie, Ellen, and Kirsti pretend they are taking their dolls in Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the German soldiers suspicious that Ellen is not who she says she is?
2. What does Ellen remember from the amusement park best of all?
3. Why did the Danes destroy their naval fleet?
4. Who tells Annemarie's mother about being stopped by the soldiers?
5. Why are the girls supposed to stop by the sewing shop in Chapter 2?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)