|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is of great concern to Annemarie's mother about Mrs. Hirsch's shop being closed?
(a) That the Germans will now ration buttons and thread.
(b) That Mrs. Hirsch is not being loyal to the king.
(c) The fact that the sign is written in German.
(d) That Kirsti will not have a button for her jacket.
2. What does Kirsti want to hear about in her bedtime story from Annemarie in Chapter 2?
(b) Life with no soldiers.
(c) Kings and queens.
(d) Cupcakes and sweets.
3. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
4. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
5. What was the name of the king of Denmark's horse?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 1, what do the German soldiers ask Annemarie and Ellen to tell them first?
3. In English, what is the name of the illegal newspaper which Annemarie's parents read occasionally?
4. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
5. Which country did not have Nazi soldiers, according to Annmarie?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)