|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
(a) It is written in German.
(b) It is too high on the door to see clearly.
(c) It is written in English.
(d) It is written and they cannot read.
2. Who was Lise?
(a) Annemarie's best friend.
(b) Annemarie's mother.
(c) Annemarie's younger sister.
(d) Annemarie's older sister.
3. What news does Peter bring when he comes at night to visit Annemarie's parents?
(a) The Germans will be invading various homes.
(b) A new issue of the illegal newspaper.
(c) That Mrs. Hirsch is safely at the seashore.
(d) The Germans are closing businesses owned by Jews.
4. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
5. Whose house had Annemarie been visiting when she saw Sweden?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what do the German soldiers ask Annemarie and Ellen to tell them first?
2. Which of the following characters has a sewing shop, which is suddenly closed?
3. What does Kirsti want to hear about in her bedtime story from Annemarie in Chapter 2?
4. Which country did not have Nazi soldiers, according to Annmarie?
5. In what way has Peter changed since Lise has been gone?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)