|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kirsti want to hear about in her bedtime story from Annemarie in Chapter 2?
(a) Kings and queens.
(c) Cupcakes and sweets.
(d) Life with no soldiers.
2. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
3. What does Kirsti wish she could have in Chapter 1, but instead is given plain bread?
(b) A cupcake.
(d) Birthday cake.
4. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
(a) Orders from their superiors.
(b) Activities of the resistance movement.
(c) Fighting in the streets.
(d) Increasing tensions between the Nazis and others.
5. Which of the following would not be an adjective Annemarie would use to describe her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
2. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
3. What is different about the new route that Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti take to school in Chapter 2?
4. What does Peter break in order to visit Annemarie's parents at night?
5. Whose house had Annemarie been visiting when she saw Sweden?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)