|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters has a sewing shop, which is suddenly closed?
(a) Mrs. Henrik.
(b) Mrs. Johansen.
(c) Mrs. Rosen.
(d) Mrs. Hirsch.
2. What does Peter break in order to visit Annemarie's parents at night?
(a) Danish law.
(b) The legs on his horse.
(c) Soldiers rules.
3. Which of the following would not be an adjective Annemarie would use to describe her father?
4. What do Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen's mothers do every afternoon?
(a) Drink coffee together.
(b) Get together to make extra blankets.
(c) Cook meals for the fighters.
(d) Walk the girls to school.
5. Who was Lise?
(a) Annemarie's best friend.
(b) Annemarie's older sister.
(c) Annemarie's mother.
(d) Annemarie's younger sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Peter bring when he comes at night to visit Annemarie's parents?
2. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
3. Why can't Annemarie, Kirsti and Ellen read the sign on Mrs. Hirsch's door in Chapter 3?
4. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
5. What is different about the new route that Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti take to school in Chapter 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)