|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word below best describes how Annemarie feels in her house the first night Ellen sleeps over after her parents leave?
2. While on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat, Annemarie hits a fork in the path; which direction does she choose to go?
(a) The shorter path.
(b) Deeper into the woods.
(c) Toward the beach.
(d) Back toward the house.
3. Which of the following events is the only thing Annemarie knows is true about Lise's death?
(a) Peter was with her when she died.
(b) She was hit by a car.
(c) She was 21 when she died.
(d) She died in tremendous pain.
4. What surrounds the casket in Uncle Henrik's living room?
5. Who brings Ellen's parents to Uncle Henrik's house?
(a) Mr. Rosen.
(c) Great Aunt Birte.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passes between Annemarie and her mother which indicates they both know they are telling a lie in Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 9, what does Annemarie accuse Uncle Henrik and Mama of doing?
3. Why does Annemarie tell Ellen to take a specific item she is wearing off in Chapter 5?
4. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
5. Why are the German soldiers suspicious that Ellen is not who she says she is?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)