|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How brave does Annemarie tell Uncle Henrik she is?
(a) The exact opposite of brave.
(b) Not very brave.
(c) Very brave.
(d) The bravest.
2. Which character goes to bed before the guests for the night of mourning arrive?
3. What passes between Annemarie and her mother which indicates they both know they are telling a lie in Chapter 9?
(b) Nothing, Annemarie does not know it is a lie.
(c) A note.
(d) A look.
4. What is Ellen wearing that Annemarie tells her to take off in Chapter 5?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A bracelet.
(d) A ring.
5. Why does Annemarie tell Ellen to take a specific item she is wearing off in Chapter 5?
(a) It has a picture of her mother in it.
(b) It has a Star of David on it.
(c) It spells out her name.
(d) It is illegal to wear jewelry in front of the German soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what do the German soldiers think has happened to the Rosens?
2. How do Annemarie's parents prove to the German soldiers she is their child?
3. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
4. What surrounds the casket in Uncle Henrik's living room?
5. What does Ellen's dad do when he sees her for the first time at Uncle Henrik's house?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)