|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How brave does Annemarie tell Uncle Henrik she is?
(a) Not very brave.
(b) The exact opposite of brave.
(c) The bravest.
(d) Very brave.
2. What does Uncle Henrik admit to Annemarie in the barn?
(a) He is very brave.
(b) There is no Great Aunt Birte.
(c) Mama must lie to save her life.
(d) He is scared of the soldiers.
3. How many German soldiers does Annemarie see when she is on her way to deliver a package to her uncle's boat?
4. Which word describes best how Ellen feels at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What pulls up to the house in Chapter 9, which signals that Henrik and Annemarie should return to the house?
(a) A hearse.
(b) Ellen's parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character goes to bed before the guests for the night of mourning arrive?
2. Why does Annemarie have difficulty running while delivering the package in Chapter 14?
3. What does Annemarie help Mama prepare in Chapter 9?
4. Which word below best describes how Annemarie feels in her house the first night Ellen sleeps over after her parents leave?
5. What passes between Annemarie and her mother which indicates they both know they are telling a lie in Chapter 9?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)