1. Which of the following characters is Anemarie's younger sister?
2. Where do Annemarie, Ellen and Kirsti reside at the beginning of this novel?
3. After what animal has Annemarie nicknamed one of the German soldiers she regularly sees on the street?
4. Which word describes best how Annemarie feels at being stopped by the German soldiers in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 1, what do the German soldiers ask Annemarie and Ellen to tell them first?
(a) Where they are going.
(b) Their names.
(c) Their religion.
(d) Their address.
6. Who tells Annemarie's mother about being stopped by the soldiers?
(b) The soldiers.
7. Why does Mrs. Johansen believe the German soldiers might be on edge in Chapter 1?
(a) Increasing tensions between the Nazis and others.
(b) Fighting in the streets.
(c) Orders from their superiors.
(d) Activities of the resistance movement.
This section contains 4,444 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)