Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Annemarie and her best friend Ellen are children in Copenhagen.
* Copenhagen is occupied by Nazi soldiers.
* On their way to school, the girls, along with Annemarie's little sister are stopped and questioned by some soldiers.
* The girls' parents are upset by the soldiers' questions.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* The families keep up with news through an...
This section contains 1,968 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)