* Annemarie and her best friend Ellen are children in Copenhagen.
* Copenhagen is occupied by Nazi soldiers.
* On their way to school, the girls, along with Annemarie's little sister are stopped and questioned by some soldiers.
* The girls' parents are upset by the soldiers' questions.
* The families keep up with news through an illegal newspaper, which talks of the resistance forces.
* The girls' parents insist they walk different ways to school from now on to avoid the soldiers.
* The youngest girl, Kirsti, wants cupcakes, but it is clearly pointed out that this is not possible as long as the Germans are present.
* The king of Denmark has no guards; instead, he relies on the people of the country to protect him.
* For this reason, he did not fight the Germans. He also did not want many of his countrymen to die unnecessarily.
* Many of the surrounding countries...
This section contains 1,777 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)