|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what does Subaru Tsukiyama find his life's meaning?
(a) In raising his three children.
(b) In his work as a medical doctor.
(c) In volunteering to sacrifice his life for his country.
(d) In charity work to help the poor.
2. Who is Eiji's second dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) His father.
(b) His stepmother.
(d) His mother.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Six, where does Eiji go to meet his grandfather?
(a) His grandfather's home in Tokyo.
(b) The Amadeus Tea Room.
(c) The Jupiter Cafe.
(d) The PanOpticon.
4. What does Suga succeed in doing in Chapter Seven?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Hacking the Pentagon computer, his Holy Grail.
(c) Getting a new girlfriend.
(d) Getting a raise.
5. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
(a) His father argues via telephone with his stepmother.
(b) His father orders a pizza which Eiji delivers.
(c) Eiji leaves without revealing who he is.
(d) Eiji's father hugs him and arranges to meet him regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eiji wakes up from his initial dream in Chapter Eight, where does he find himself?
2. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya's son?
3. In Chapter Five, who faxes Eiji a message that he is coming to visit at six o'clock?
4. Which of the following is not part of the story that Monkfish relates to Eiji?
5. Which of the following is not a reason Eiji's stepmother gives for why Eiji's father does not want to meet him?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)