|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Comb?
(a) Eiji's stepsister.
(b) The owner of the unfamiliar house in which Eiji finds himself.
(c) Eiji's stepmother.
(d) A hen & Goatwriter's maid in the book Eiji finds and reads.
2. What is Eiji's fourth dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) John Lennon and his song #9 Dream.
(b) Yoko Ono.
(c) His father and stepmother.
(d) Anju and her death.
3. Where do Ai Imajo and Eiji have breakfast in Chapter Seven?
(a) The PanOpticon Building.
(b) The Amadeus Tea Room.
(d) The Jupiter Cafe.
4. Who is Pithecanthropus?
(a) A customer in Buntaro's video store.
(b) A yakuza man.
(c) Goatwriter's friend and a handyman in the book Eiji finds.
(d) A customer in the Jupiter Cafe.
5. What strange things does Ai say are happening in Tokyo when she and Eiji talk by telephone at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) The rain is yellow.
(b) Pigeons are flying into buildings and cars.
(c) The temperature has dropped noticeably.
(d) It is snowing in summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
2. What is Subaru Tsukiyama's relationship to Eiji?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the unfamiliar house in which Eiji awakens at the beginning of Chapter Five?
4. Who picks up Eiji as he is fleeing the exploding Cadillacs at the beginning of Chapter Five?
5. What have the pregnant woman in Chapter Six and her husband decided to name their coming baby?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)