|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Eiji's grandfather meet him?
(a) His grandfather has disowned him.
(b) His grandfather is in the hospital.
(c) His grandfather has died.
(d) His grandfather wants his attorney to send Eiji away.
2. Who offers Eiji a job at Nero's pizza?
(a) Ai Imajo.
(b) Ai Imajo's roommate, Sachiko Sera.
(d) Mrs. Sasaki.
3. What happens during Eiji's visit with his mother?
(a) Eiji and his mother agree to try and start over.
(b) Eiji and his mother argue loudly.
(c) Eiji's mother runs away from him.
(d) Eiji and his mother blame each other for Anju's death.
4. When Eiji wakes up in a strange house after his night of terror with the yakuza, what childhood memory does it rekindle?
(a) Waking up in an orphanage.
(b) A memory of his grandmother's house.
(c) A memory of his mother's house.
(d) Moving from relative to relative after Anju's death.
5. Who does Ai Imajo urge Eiji to meet?
(a) His half-sister.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets Eiji free from the yakuza and saves his life in Chapter Seven?
2. In Chapter Five, who faxes Eiji a message that he is coming to visit at six o'clock?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe something Daimon reveals during his visit with Eiji in Chapter Five?
4. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
5. Why does Daimon come to visit Eiji in Chapter Five?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain who Mrs. Yamaya is and describe her visit with Eiji.
2. As he learns about Subaru Tsukiyama's life, what insights does Eiji begin to get about his own life?
3. What secrets does Ai Imajo reveal about herself in Chapter Six, and what do her revelations indicate about her changing relationship with Eiji?
4. Describe Eiji's dream about John Lennon and Lennon's song "#9 Dream".
5. Why is Eiji's grandfather disappointed in Eiji's father?
6. Describe Eiji's dream about Mr. Aoyama.
7. How does Eiji's grandfather show that he approves of Eiji?
8. Why does Suga take a new job in Texas and what gift does he give Eiji upon departing for his new position?
9. Who meets Eiji at the Amadeus Tea Room instead of his grandfather on the day of his second meeting with the older man, and why does his grandfather not meet him then as planned?
10. Is the earthquake in Tokyo at the end of Number Nine Dream real or fantasy?
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)