|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eiji's second dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) His stepmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe something Daimon reveals during his visit with Eiji in Chapter Five?
(a) Daimon says the yakuza are no longer searching for him.
(b) Daimon and Miriam are going to disappear for a while.
(c) Daimon is now married to Miriam.
(d) Daimon promises to try to help Eiji find his father.
3. What strange things does Ai say are happening in Tokyo when she and Eiji talk by telephone at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) The rain is yellow.
(b) The temperature has dropped noticeably.
(c) Pigeons are flying into buildings and cars.
(d) It is snowing in summer.
4. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya's son?
(a) They made him a yakuza hit man.
(b) They sold him to an American couple wanting a child.
(c) They beat him up and left him for dead.
(d) They killed him and sold his organs on the black market.
5. Which of the following is not a reason Eiji's stepmother gives for why Eiji's father does not want to meet him?
(a) His father considers Eiji a reminder of his worst mistake.
(b) His father wants to preserve his privacy.
(c) His father is ashamed of Eiji's illegitimacy.
(d) Eiji's father is ill and in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does Eiji take after receiving the address from Daimon?
2. Why does Eiji's grandfather say he despises Eiji's father?
3. Who does Ai Imajo urge Eiji to meet?
4. Who meets Eiji when he is expecting to meet his grandfather instead?
5. Who is Eiji's third dream in Chapter Eight about?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)