|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suga succeed in doing in Chapter Seven?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Hacking the Pentagon computer, his Holy Grail.
(c) Getting a new girlfriend.
(d) Getting a raise.
2. Who is Eiji's third dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) Eiji's mother.
(b) Eiji's grandfather.
(c) Mr. Aoyama, the Ueno Station boss who killed himself.
(d) Eiji's father.
3. What does Eiji think of his new job at Nero's Pizza in Chapter Seven?
(a) The hours are too long.
(b) His coworkers are mean.
(c) The kitchen is hot and cramped, but the work is easy.
(d) He hates it.
4. Whose address does Daimon fax to Eiji after his visit with Eiji?
(a) Eiji's father.
(b) Eiji's mother.
(c) Mr. Tsuru.
(d) The detective that compiled Morino's file on Eiji's father.
5. Why is Ogre not married?
(a) He fears a wife would spend all his money.
(b) The woman he loved died and he never got over her.
(c) He sleepwalks and acts out his dreams while doing so.
(d) He prefers not to commit himself to marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets Eiji when he is expecting to meet his grandfather instead?
2. Why does the person in Eiji's third dream say Anju is not dead?
3. What obstacle does Ai Imajo face in attaining her goal?
4. In Chapter Five, how much time has lapsed since Eiji first left his village to come to Tokyo in search of his father?
5. What does Suga give Eiji before he leaves for his new job?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eiji's relationship with Ai Imajo change in Chapter Five?
2. How does Eiji's grandfather show that he approves of Eiji?
3. Who meets Eiji at the Amadeus Tea Room instead of his grandfather on the day of his second meeting with the older man, and why does his grandfather not meet him then as planned?
4. As he learns about Subaru Tsukiyama's life, what insights does Eiji begin to get about his own life?
5. In Chapter Seven, what plans does Eiji make with his mother?
6. What secrets does Ai Imajo reveal about herself in Chapter Six, and what do her revelations indicate about her changing relationship with Eiji?
7. Describe the disagreement between Ai and Eiji at the train station in Chapter Seven.
8. What is the significance of Eiji's final dream about Anju in which Anju tells him to go away so he will not drown, too?
9. Who is Subaru Tsukiyama and what is his relationship to Eiji?
10. Explain how Eiji gets a new job in Chapter Six.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)