|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eiji's mother doing when he arrives at her clinic?
(c) Eating lunch.
(d) Having a birthday party.
2. Which of the following does not describe how Eiji sabotages the yakuza at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) He sends Mrs. Yamaya's data to theTokyo police.
(b) He uses Suga's computer virus.
(c) He bombs Mr. Tsuru's car.
(d) He attaches Mrs. Yamaya's data on the yakuza to the virus.
3. What is the surname of Eiji's father?
4. In Chapter Seven, where is Suga going to take a new job?
(b) New York.
5. Why does Eiji's grandfather say he despises Eiji's father?
(a) Eiji's father is an alcoholic.
(b) Eiji's father sold a 500-year-old family heirloom sword.
(c) Eiji's father has embezzled money from his law firm.
(d) Eiji's father is disrespectful to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Six, where does Eiji go to meet his grandfather?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the unfamiliar house in which Eiji awakens at the beginning of Chapter Five?
3. Why doesn't Eiji take a cigarette when Ogre offers him one?
4. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya?
5. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Nero's delivery truck driver with whom Eiji rides in Chapter Eight alone in his life instead of married?
2. Is the earthquake in Tokyo at the end of Number Nine Dream real or fantasy?
3. Describe Eiji's new job at Nero's pizza.
4. Explain who Mrs. Yamaya is and describe her visit with Eiji.
5. As he learns about Subaru Tsukiyama's life, what insights does Eiji begin to get about his own life?
6. Who meets Eiji at the Amadeus Tea Room instead of his grandfather on the day of his second meeting with the older man, and why does his grandfather not meet him then as planned?
7. How does Daimon help Eiji's search for his father?
8. After escaping the exploding cars and the yakuza, where does Eiji wake up at the beginning of Chapter Five, and what childhood memories does the place in which he awakens rekindle?
9. Describe Eiji's dream about John Lennon and Lennon's song "#9 Dream".
10. Who is Takara Tsukiyama, and how might he lead Eiji to Eiji's father?
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)