|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eiji's fourth dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) His father and stepmother.
(b) Anju and her death.
(c) John Lennon and his song #9 Dream.
(d) Yoko Ono.
2. What action does Eiji take after receiving the address from Daimon?
(a) He sends Buntaro to check out the address.
(b) He hires a personal detective to go to the address.
(c) He goes to the address in person.
(d) He writes the detecting asking for help locating his father.
3. When Eiji asks Buntaro what he can do to cover his rent now that he is no longer working at Ueno Station, what does Buntaro propose?
(a) That Eiji not worry about rent until he finds a new job.
(b) That Eiji get a loan from his bank to pay the rent.
(c) That Eiji find a new place to live.
(d) That Eiji run the video store while Buntaro goes on vacation.
4. When his mother phones him, what does Eiji say to her?
(a) That he never wants to hear from her again.
(b) That she is crazy and needs therapy.
(c) That he wants to come see her.
(d) That she is responsible for Anju's death.
5. Who is Mrs. Yamaya?
(a) Eiji's stepsister.
(b) A prospective employer for Eiji.
(c) Morino's detective, who compiled the file on Eiji's father.
(d) Eiji's stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Six, what tale does Suga give as the reason for his emotional distress when he shows up drunk one night while Eiji is working?
2. Which of the following is not a reason Eiji's stepmother gives for why Eiji's father does not want to meet him?
3. What does Eiji think of his new job at Nero's Pizza in Chapter Seven?
4. Why does Mrs. Sasaki tell Eiji not to return to his job at Ueno Station?
5. Who picks up Eiji as he is fleeing the exploding Cadillacs at the beginning of Chapter Five?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)