|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
(a) It's stolen from him before he can read it.
(b) It proves false and doesn't lead to his father.
(c) The ink it's printed with disappears when exposed to air.
(d) It is accidentally shredded.
2. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
(b) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
(c) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(d) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
3. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their uncle.
(c) Their father and stepmother.
(d) Their grandmother.
4. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(c) Two men in a black Cadillac.
(d) Ai Imajo.
5. What is the Queen of Spades?
(a) A gambling casino.
(b) An exclusive club to where Eiji and Daimon take their dates.
(c) A movie Eiji goes to see with Daimon.
(d) A boat Eiji wants to buy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
2. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
3. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
4. What instrument can Eiji play?
5. In what guise does Eiji fantasize that he sneaks into Akiko Kato's building?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eiji's experience with Daimon on his twentieth birthday illustrate his naivety?
2. Describe Eiji's coworkers at Ueno Station and his relationships with them.
3. Who kidnaps Eiji in Chapter Four and why is Eiji kidnapped?
4. How does Eiji's defense in Chapter Three of Ai Imajo, the waitress with the perfect neck at the Jupiter Cafe, affect his developing relationship with Ai?
5. What rumors has Anju overheard about her mother?
6. What factors make Eiji vulnerable to exploitation by Daimon?
7. Describe Eiji's habit of nicknaming people.
8. What is the yakuza and how is Daimon tied to the organization?
9. Who is Cat and what does Eiji's relationship with her indicate?
10. What information does Ryutaro Morino have about Eiji's father and how does he obtain it?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)