|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
(a) Daimon has a dog that finds it by smell.
(b) Daimon is wearing it.
(c) Daimon searches with him for the lost article.
(d) Daimon directs him to the lost and found, and it's there.
2. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(d) Ai Imajo.
3. Who are Velvet and Coffee?
(a) Two girls Eiji and Daimon pick up in a bar.
(b) Two video game characters.
(c) Two undercover policemen.
(d) Two waitresses at a tea house.
4. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
(b) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
(c) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
(d) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
5. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's short skirt.
(b) The woman's missing front teeth.
(c) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
(d) The woman's perfect neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
2. On whose cell phone conversation does Eiji eavesdrop?
3. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
4. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
5. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eiji think Miriam can lead him to his father and how does he pursue his father through her?
2. Who is Cat and what does Eiji's relationship with her indicate?
3. Describe Eiji's habit of nicknaming people.
4. How successful are Eiji's initial attempts to contact Akiko Kato?
5. Why do Donkey and Dowager call the waitress with the perfect neck a "hand cream model", and what does the depiction of the girl's hands in Chapter One really indicate?
6. What is the significance of the third person viewpoint in the scenes describing Eiji's first drug experience and his experience with Velvet?
7. How does the video game Virtua Sapiens relate to Eiji's quest for his father?
8. How does Eiji escape death at the end of Chapter Four?
9. Describe Eiji's coworkers at Ueno Station and his relationships with them.
10. What is the yakuza and how is Daimon tied to the organization?
This section contains 1,273 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)