|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims to have a file folder about Eiji's father?
(b) Jun Nagasaki.
(d) Eiji's kidnapper.
2. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
(a) Akiko Kato's law firm.
(b) A new American pizza parlor in Tokyo.
(c) A night club.
(d) A clothing shop.
3. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
(a) Deposit money in the bank.
(b) Deliver lunches to customers.
(c) Buy coffee filters.
(d) Empty the trash.
4. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What is the source of Daimon's money?
(a) His father's position.
(c) A winning lottery ticket.
(d) A trust fund.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
2. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
3. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
4. Where does Eiji find the file folder about his father?
5. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eiji's experience with Daimon on his twentieth birthday illustrate his naivety?
2. Describe the strange messages Eiji receives while using the ATM.
3. Why does Eiji decapitate the statue of the thunder god in his village shrine?
4. How successful are Eiji's initial attempts to contact Akiko Kato?
5. Describe Eiji's habit of nicknaming people.
6. What information does Eiji have about his father as he begins his quest?
7. What does Eiji's helping Daimon after the yakuza injure Daimon indicate about Eiji's character?
8. What happens to Mr. Aoyama in Chapter Two?
9. Why does Eiji think Miriam can lead him to his father and how does he pursue his father through her?
10. Describe what happens to Eiji's twin sister, Anju, shortly after the twins turn eleven and how Eiji is affected by the incident.
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)