|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Eiji have his first sexual experience?
(a) With the waitress with the perfect neck.
(b) With Miriam.
(c) With the woman he calls Coffee.
(d) With a prostitute.
2. Who claims to have a file folder about Eiji's father?
(b) Eiji's kidnapper.
(d) Jun Nagasaki.
3. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
(b) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(c) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
(d) He dies.
4. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
(a) Daimon is wearing it.
(b) Daimon directs him to the lost and found, and it's there.
(c) Daimon has a dog that finds it by smell.
(d) Daimon searches with him for the lost article.
5. Who is Akiko Kato?
(a) An attorney who is Eiji's only lead to his father.
(b) Eiji's birth mother.
(c) The woman Eiji hopes to date.
(d) Eiji's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
3. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
4. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
5. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who kidnaps Eiji in Chapter Four and why is Eiji kidnapped?
2. What rumors has Anju overheard about her mother?
3. How does Morino trick Eiji with his father's photo in Chapter Four?
4. What information does Eiji have about his father as he begins his quest?
5. What factors make Eiji vulnerable to exploitation by Daimon?
6. What information does Ryutaro Morino have about Eiji's father and how does he obtain it?
7. How does Eiji escape death at the end of Chapter Four?
8. Describe Eiji's habit of nicknaming people.
9. Why does the structure of Chapter One switch back and forth between fantasy and reality so often, making it difficult to tell the difference between the two?
10. Describe what happens to Eiji's twin sister, Anju, shortly after the twins turn eleven and how Eiji is affected by the incident.
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)