|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
(b) Mr. Aoyama.
(c) A slightly older Tokyo native waiting for his date.
2. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Decks it with roses and carnations.
(b) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
3. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
(a) It was his last present from Anju.
(b) It has medicine he vitally needs in it.
(c) He keeps his money in it.
(d) It has an important document hidden in it.
4. What does Eiji witness while with the yakuza?
(a) A carjacking.
(b) A bank robbery.
(c) Multiple tortures and murders.
(d) A drug sale.
5. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother committed suicide.
(b) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
(c) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(d) Her mother is a drug addict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
2. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
3. Who is Akiko Kato?
4. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
5. What does Eiji leave in the video arcade in Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cat and what does Eiji's relationship with her indicate?
2. Who does Eiji initially think "father" is in Chapter Four, and who does "father" eventually turn out to be?
3. What happens to Mr. Aoyama in Chapter Two?
4. What rumors has Anju overheard about her mother?
5. Why does Eiji decapitate the statue of the thunder god in his village shrine?
6. How does Morino trick Eiji with his father's photo in Chapter Four?
7. Describe the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother in Chapter Three, and how it affects him.
8. Describe Eiji's habit of nicknaming people.
9. Describe the strange messages Eiji receives while using the ATM.
10. Who kidnaps Eiji in Chapter Four and why is Eiji kidnapped?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)