|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
(a) It was his last present from Anju.
(b) It has an important document hidden in it.
(c) It has medicine he vitally needs in it.
(d) He keeps his money in it.
2. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother is a drug addict.
(b) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(c) Her mother committed suicide.
(d) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
3. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
(a) Deliver lunches to customers.
(b) Buy coffee filters.
(c) Deposit money in the bank.
(d) Empty the trash.
4. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He suffers from migraines.
(b) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
(c) He is too busy studying.
(d) He suffers from insomnia.
5. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(b) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(c) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
(d) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
2. Where do the yakuza men lock Eiji in Chapter Four?
3. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
4. In what city does the book open?
5. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Donkey and Dowager call the waitress with the perfect neck a "hand cream model", and what does the depiction of the girl's hands in Chapter One really indicate?
2. Describe the strange messages Eiji receives while using the ATM.
3. Discuss Eiji's playing of video games in Chapter Three and what the video games symbolize.
4. How does Eiji's defense in Chapter Three of Ai Imajo, the waitress with the perfect neck at the Jupiter Cafe, affect his developing relationship with Ai?
5. Describe what happens to Eiji's twin sister, Anju, shortly after the twins turn eleven and how Eiji is affected by the incident.
6. How does Eiji's experience with Daimon on his twentieth birthday illustrate his naivety?
7. Describe Eiji's habit of nicknaming people.
8. What factors make Eiji vulnerable to exploitation by Daimon?
9. Why does Eiji engage in so much fantasy and daydreaming?
10. What information does Ryutaro Morino have about Eiji's father and how does he obtain it?
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)