|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(b) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(c) Decks it with roses and carnations.
(d) Burns it.
2. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(b) To find a hidden treasure.
(c) To find out who murdered his sister.
(d) To find the identity of his father.
3. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
(b) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
(c) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
(d) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
4. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
(a) The two older, less attractive waitresses at the cafe.
(b) His two supervisors.
(c) Two coworkers he hates.
(d) His two cousins.
5. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
(b) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(c) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
(d) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
2. Who claims to have a file folder about Eiji's father?
3. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
4. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
5. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who kidnaps Eiji in Chapter Four and why is Eiji kidnapped?
2. Why does Eiji engage in so much fantasy and daydreaming?
3. How does Morino trick Eiji with his father's photo in Chapter Four?
4. Who is Cat and what does Eiji's relationship with her indicate?
5. What does Eiji's fantasy about masquerading as an aquarium cleaner to meet Akako Kato reveal about his character?
6. How successful are Eiji's initial attempts to contact Akiko Kato?
7. What information does Eiji have about his father as he begins his quest?
8. How does the video game Virtua Sapiens relate to Eiji's quest for his father?
9. Why do Donkey and Dowager call the waitress with the perfect neck a "hand cream model", and what does the depiction of the girl's hands in Chapter One really indicate?
10. Discuss Eiji's playing of video games in Chapter Three and what the video games symbolize.
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)