|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) A gang attacking him.
(b) The cafe being robbed.
(c) An angry man threatening the waitress with the perfect neck.
(d) Daimon and Miriam arguing.
2. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(b) He dies.
(c) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
(d) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
3. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(b) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(c) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
(d) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
4. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
(a) She's his neighbor.
(b) She's his twin sister.
(c) She's his boss.
(d) She's his mother.
5. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The piano.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
2. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
3. What is the source of Daimon's money?
4. Which of the following people is not involved in the yakuza war?
5. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Eiji have about his father as he begins his quest?
2. What factors make Eiji feel out of place in Tokyo?
3. Describe what happens to Eiji's twin sister, Anju, shortly after the twins turn eleven and how Eiji is affected by the incident.
4. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal, and how does it make him feel about contacting his mother again?
5. Why does the structure of Chapter One switch back and forth between fantasy and reality so often, making it difficult to tell the difference between the two?
6. Describe Eiji's habit of nicknaming people.
7. What is the yakuza and how is Daimon tied to the organization?
8. How does Eiji's defense in Chapter Three of Ai Imajo, the waitress with the perfect neck at the Jupiter Cafe, affect his developing relationship with Ai?
9. What rumors has Anju overheard about her mother?
10. What happens to Mr. Aoyama in Chapter Two?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)