|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
(a) He's told to leave before he's beaten senseless.
(b) The yakuza break his arm.
(c) It is given to him.
(d) The yakuza burn it.
2. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
(a) She refuses to help him find his father.
(b) She calls him and invites him to dinner.
(c) She sends him his father's address.
(d) She asks him to schedule a time to see her.
3. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
(a) He finds his father without her.
(b) He is waiting for the right moment.
(c) He finds a better source of information about his father.
(d) He is afraid to do so.
4. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
(b) Konosuke Tsuru.
(c) Jun Nagasaki.
(d) Ryutaro Morino.
5. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His stepmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
2. To what does Eiji's stepmother compare him?
3. What instrument can Eiji play?
4. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
5. What video game is Eiji playing at the beginning of Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. What factors make Eiji feel out of place in Tokyo?
2. Why does the structure of Chapter One switch back and forth between fantasy and reality so often, making it difficult to tell the difference between the two?
3. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal, and how does it make him feel about contacting his mother again?
4. Why do Donkey and Dowager call the waitress with the perfect neck a "hand cream model", and what does the depiction of the girl's hands in Chapter One really indicate?
5. How does Eiji's defense in Chapter Three of Ai Imajo, the waitress with the perfect neck at the Jupiter Cafe, affect his developing relationship with Ai?
6. Who kidnaps Eiji in Chapter Four and why is Eiji kidnapped?
7. Why does Eiji think Miriam can lead him to his father and how does he pursue his father through her?
8. How successful are Eiji's initial attempts to contact Akiko Kato?
9. What information does Ryutaro Morino have about Eiji's father and how does he obtain it?
10. What factors make Eiji vulnerable to exploitation by Daimon?
This section contains 1,262 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)