|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
(b) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
(c) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
(d) He is bald.
2. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
(a) Security turns him away before he gets to the elevator.
(b) Akiko Kato no longer works in the building.
(c) Akiko Kato has him arrested.
(d) Akiko Kato refuses to see him.
3. On whose cell phone conversation does Eiji eavesdrop?
(a) Akiko Kato's.
(c) The waitress with the perfect neck's.
4. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(b) He dies.
(c) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
(d) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
5. Where do the yakuza men lock Eiji in Chapter Four?
(a) In a restroom at an entertainment complex.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a bank vault.
(d) In a closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
2. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
3. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
4. What does Eiji do when he comes to Ai Imajo's assistance in Chapter Three?
5. What instrument can Eiji play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mr. Aoyama in Chapter Two?
2. Why does Eiji think Miriam can lead him to his father and how does he pursue his father through her?
3. How does Morino trick Eiji with his father's photo in Chapter Four?
4. Discuss Eiji's playing of video games in Chapter Three and what the video games symbolize.
5. How successful are Eiji's initial attempts to contact Akiko Kato?
6. How does the video game Virtua Sapiens relate to Eiji's quest for his father?
7. What information does Eiji have about his father as he begins his quest?
8. What factors make Eiji feel out of place in Tokyo?
9. What does Eiji's helping Daimon after the yakuza injure Daimon indicate about Eiji's character?
10. What does Eiji's fantasy about masquerading as an aquarium cleaner to meet Akako Kato reveal about his character?
This section contains 1,103 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)