|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do the contents of the file folder lead Eiji?
(a) To his father's home.
(b) To his stepmother's office.
(c) To a pachinko parlor where Morino is waiting for him.
(d) To the Queen of Spades.
2. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
(a) He thinks Cat is dead.
(b) He thinks Cat has run away.
(c) He thinks Cat is pregnant.
(d) He thinks Cat has become ill.
3. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
(a) She meets their long lost mother.
(b) She has a severe asthma attack.
(c) She drowns while trying to swim out to the whalestone.
(d) She is kidnapped.
4. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
(a) By hiring a private detective.
(b) By putting an ad in the newspaper's personal columns.
(c) By seeing his mother and making her lead him to his father.
(d) By going on television.
5. Who is Buntaro?
(a) Eiji's older brother.
(b) Eiji's best friend.
(c) Eiji's father.
(d) Eiji's landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
2. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
3. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
4. What does Eiji leave in the video arcade in Chapter Three?
5. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Eiji's coworkers at Ueno Station and his relationships with them.
2. What is the yakuza and how is Daimon tied to the organization?
3. Who kidnaps Eiji in Chapter Four and why is Eiji kidnapped?
4. Why does Eiji decapitate the statue of the thunder god in his village shrine?
5. Describe what happens to Eiji's twin sister, Anju, shortly after the twins turn eleven and how Eiji is affected by the incident.
6. What does Eiji's helping Daimon after the yakuza injure Daimon indicate about Eiji's character?
7. How does Eiji's experience with Daimon on his twentieth birthday illustrate his naivety?
8. How does Eiji escape death at the end of Chapter Four?
9. How does Eiji's defense in Chapter Three of Ai Imajo, the waitress with the perfect neck at the Jupiter Cafe, affect his developing relationship with Ai?
10. What is the significance of the third person viewpoint in the scenes describing Eiji's first drug experience and his experience with Velvet?
This section contains 1,175 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)