|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) A gang attacking him.
(b) Daimon and Miriam arguing.
(c) An angry man threatening the waitress with the perfect neck.
(d) The cafe being robbed.
2. Who claims to have a file folder about Eiji's father?
(a) Eiji's kidnapper.
(c) Jun Nagasaki.
3. In what guise does Eiji fantasize that he sneaks into Akiko Kato's building?
(a) As an aquarium cleaner.
(b) As a paramedic.
(c) As a policeman.
(d) As a security guard.
4. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
(a) Mr. Aoyama.
(b) Akiko Kato.
(d) Mrs. Sasaki.
5. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
(a) Akiko Kato's purse.
(b) A picture of his father.
(c) Her file on his father.
(d) A key to a safe deposit box containing stolen jewels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
2. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
3. What instrument can Eiji play?
4. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
5. To where do the contents of the file folder lead Eiji?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eiji's defense in Chapter Three of Ai Imajo, the waitress with the perfect neck at the Jupiter Cafe, affect his developing relationship with Ai?
2. What does Eiji's helping Daimon after the yakuza injure Daimon indicate about Eiji's character?
3. Describe the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother in Chapter Three, and how it affects him.
4. Describe what happens to Eiji's twin sister, Anju, shortly after the twins turn eleven and how Eiji is affected by the incident.
5. Who does Eiji initially think "father" is in Chapter Four, and who does "father" eventually turn out to be?
6. Describe Eiji's coworkers at Ueno Station and his relationships with them.
7. How does Eiji escape death at the end of Chapter Four?
8. How does Morino trick Eiji with his father's photo in Chapter Four?
9. Discuss Eiji's playing of video games in Chapter Three and what the video games symbolize.
10. Why does Eiji engage in so much fantasy and daydreaming?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)