|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What video game is Eiji playing at the beginning of Chapter Three?
(a) Zax Omega and Red Plague Moon.
(b) Soldiers of Glory.
(c) The Haunted Hotel.
(d) Hercules and the Amazons.
2. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
(b) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(c) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(d) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
3. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
(a) By going on television.
(b) By hiring a private detective.
(c) By seeing his mother and making her lead him to his father.
(d) By putting an ad in the newspaper's personal columns.
4. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
(a) He's put on hold for a long time and hangs up in frustration.
(b) Akiko hangs up on him.
(c) He's told Akiko Kato no longer works there.
(d) He's told Akiko Kato is in a meeting.
5. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's short skirt.
(b) The woman's missing front teeth.
(c) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
(d) The woman's perfect neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
2. Who is Akiko Kato?
3. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
4. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
5. What birthday does Eiji celebrate at the beginning of Chapter Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Eiji's playing of video games in Chapter Three and what the video games symbolize.
2. What happens to Mr. Aoyama in Chapter Two?
3. How does the video game Virtua Sapiens relate to Eiji's quest for his father?
4. Describe Eiji's habit of nicknaming people.
5. What is the yakuza and how is Daimon tied to the organization?
6. How does Eiji escape death at the end of Chapter Four?
7. Why does Eiji engage in so much fantasy and daydreaming?
8. Who is Buntaro and what is Eiji's relationship with him like?
9. Who kidnaps Eiji in Chapter Four and why is Eiji kidnapped?
10. What rumors has Anju overheard about her mother?
This section contains 1,079 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)