|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Buntaro?
(a) Eiji's landlord.
(b) Eiji's best friend.
(c) Eiji's older brother.
(d) Eiji's father.
2. With whom does Daimon seem to have tension at the Queen of Spades?
(b) Miriam, one of the club's hostesses.
(c) Velvet and Coffee.
(d) The owner.
3. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(c) Ai Imajo.
(d) Two men in a black Cadillac.
4. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
(b) Mrs. Sasaki.
(c) Mr. Aoyama.
(d) Akiko Kato.
5. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
(b) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
(c) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(d) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
2. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
3. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
4. Who gets Eiji his job by arranging an interview for him with Mrs. Sasaki?
5. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Eiji decapitate the statue of the thunder god in his village shrine?
2. How does Eiji's defense in Chapter Three of Ai Imajo, the waitress with the perfect neck at the Jupiter Cafe, affect his developing relationship with Ai?
3. What does Eiji's fantasy about masquerading as an aquarium cleaner to meet Akako Kato reveal about his character?
4. Describe the strange messages Eiji receives while using the ATM.
5. What is the yakuza and how is Daimon tied to the organization?
6. Discuss Eiji's playing of video games in Chapter Three and what the video games symbolize.
7. What factors make Eiji feel out of place in Tokyo?
8. Who is Cat and what does Eiji's relationship with her indicate?
9. What happens to Mr. Aoyama in Chapter Two?
10. Describe what happens to Eiji's twin sister, Anju, shortly after the twins turn eleven and how Eiji is affected by the incident.
This section contains 1,212 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)