|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(a) Ai Imajo.
(c) Two men in a black Cadillac.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Daimon?
(a) He is from Germany.
(b) He is a native of Tokyo.
(c) He is a gifted pool player.
(d) He is a final-year law student.
3. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
(a) Blackmail his father.
(b) Get his parents back together.
(c) Break up his father's legitimate family.
(d) Go on the news to reveal his father's abandonment of him.
4. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
(a) The two yakuza men waiting in the Cadillac for Eiji.
(b) Cartoon characters.
(c) Characters in a video game.
(d) Two of Eiji's coworkers.
5. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
(d) Ai Imajo.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Daimon offer to treat Eiji?
2. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
3. Where does Eiji go for breakfast in Chapter Three after his night with Daimon?
4. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
5. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Ryutaro Morino have about Eiji's father and how does he obtain it?
2. How does Eiji's defense in Chapter Three of Ai Imajo, the waitress with the perfect neck at the Jupiter Cafe, affect his developing relationship with Ai?
3. Who is Buntaro and what is Eiji's relationship with him like?
4. Who is Cat and what does Eiji's relationship with her indicate?
5. Why does Eiji engage in so much fantasy and daydreaming?
6. Who does Eiji initially think "father" is in Chapter Four, and who does "father" eventually turn out to be?
7. How does Morino trick Eiji with his father's photo in Chapter Four?
8. Discuss Eiji's playing of video games in Chapter Three and what the video games symbolize.
9. What factors make Eiji vulnerable to exploitation by Daimon?
10. Who kidnaps Eiji in Chapter Four and why is Eiji kidnapped?
This section contains 1,124 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)