|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Six, where does Eiji go to meet his grandfather?
(a) The PanOpticon.
(b) His grandfather's home in Tokyo.
(c) The Jupiter Cafe.
(d) The Amadeus Tea Room.
2. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
(a) Mrs. Sasaki's old love letters.
(b) A gun.
(c) A book manuscript written by Mrs. Sasaki's sister.
(d) A dead body.
3. When Eiji asks Buntaro what he can do to cover his rent now that he is no longer working at Ueno Station, what does Buntaro propose?
(a) That Eiji run the video store while Buntaro goes on vacation.
(b) That Eiji get a loan from his bank to pay the rent.
(c) That Eiji not worry about rent until he finds a new job.
(d) That Eiji find a new place to live.
4. Why doesn't Eiji take a cigarette when Ogre offers him one?
(a) He has promised AI Imajo he will stop smoking.
(b) He doesn't like Ogre.
(c) He is allergic to cigarettes.
(d) He fears Ogre has germs.
5. When Buntaro visits Eiji in Chatper Five, who does he say has been looking for Eiji?
(a) Mr. Tsuru.
(b) Eiji's stepmother.
(c) Eiji's father.
(d) Ai Imajo.
6. Why is Ogre not married?
(a) He prefers not to commit himself to marriage.
(b) He fears a wife would spend all his money.
(c) He sleepwalks and acts out his dreams while doing so.
(d) The woman he loved died and he never got over her.
7. Which of the following statements does not describe something Daimon reveals during his visit with Eiji in Chapter Five?
(a) Daimon is now married to Miriam.
(b) Daimon promises to try to help Eiji find his father.
(c) Daimon and Miriam are going to disappear for a while.
(d) Daimon says the yakuza are no longer searching for him.
8. Who is Ogre?
(a) The driver of the truck in which Eiji is riding.
(b) A coworker at Nero's.
(c) A yakuza assassin.
(d) Eiji's cousin.
9. Who is Mrs. Yamaya?
(a) A prospective employer for Eiji.
(b) Morino's detective, who compiled the file on Eiji's father.
(c) Eiji's stepmother.
(d) Eiji's stepsister.
10. Who is Eiji's third dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) Eiji's mother.
(b) Eiji's father.
(c) Eiji's grandfather.
(d) Mr. Aoyama, the Ueno Station boss who killed himself.
11. Which of the following is not a way the yakuza trick Eiji in Chapter Seven?
(a) They leave him a message supposedly from his father.
(b) The message says his father wants to see him.
(c) They use Daimon to get Eiji to their meeting place.
(d) The message gives a time and place to meet his father.
12. Which of the following does not describe how Eiji sabotages the yakuza at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) He bombs Mr. Tsuru's car.
(b) He sends Mrs. Yamaya's data to theTokyo police.
(c) He uses Suga's computer virus.
(d) He attaches Mrs. Yamaya's data on the yakuza to the virus.
13. Who does Eiji fear will hunt him down once he awakens in the strange house?
(a) His mother.
(c) The police and/or the yakuza.
(d) His stepmother.
14. What have the yakuza done to Mrs. Yamaya because of her attempts to use the information she has gathered about their activities?
(a) They have taken her hostage.
(b) They have cut off her hand.
(c) They have murdered her.
(d) They have blackmailed her.
15. What does Eiji think of his new job at Nero's Pizza in Chapter Seven?
(a) The kitchen is hot and cramped, but the work is easy.
(b) The hours are too long.
(c) He hates it.
(d) His coworkers are mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eiji find himself when he wakes up after his second dream in Chapter Eight?
2. Who is Monkfish?
3. Who does Eiji call to share the good news about the response to his newspaper ad?
4. In Chapter Six, who does Eiji phone with increasing frequency?
5. Who is expecting a baby in Chapter Six?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)