|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Yamaya?
(a) Eiji's stepmother.
(b) Eiji's stepsister.
(c) Morino's detective, who compiled the file on Eiji's father.
(d) A prospective employer for Eiji.
2. Who does Eiji call to share the good news about the response to his newspaper ad?
(a) Ai Imajo.
3. Which of the following does not describe how Eiji sabotages the yakuza at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) He uses Suga's computer virus.
(b) He sends Mrs. Yamaya's data to theTokyo police.
(c) He attaches Mrs. Yamaya's data on the yakuza to the virus.
(d) He bombs Mr. Tsuru's car.
4. Who is Pithecanthropus?
(a) A yakuza man.
(b) A customer in Buntaro's video store.
(c) A customer in the Jupiter Cafe.
(d) Goatwriter's friend and a handyman in the book Eiji finds.
5. Which of the following is not a reason Eiji's stepmother gives for why Eiji's father does not want to meet him?
(a) His father considers Eiji a reminder of his worst mistake.
(b) His father wants to preserve his privacy.
(c) His father is ashamed of Eiji's illegitimacy.
(d) Eiji's father is ill and in the hospital.
6. Who is Eiji's third dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) Eiji's mother.
(b) Eiji's father.
(c) Eiji's grandfather.
(d) Mr. Aoyama, the Ueno Station boss who killed himself.
7. Who picks up Eiji as he is fleeing the exploding Cadillacs at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(b) Ryutaro Morino.
(c) Mr. Tsuru.
8. Who is Eiji's second dream in Chapter Eight about?
(b) His father.
(c) His stepmother.
(d) His mother.
9. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
(a) His father orders a pizza which Eiji delivers.
(b) Eiji leaves without revealing who he is.
(c) Eiji's father hugs him and arranges to meet him regularly.
(d) His father argues via telephone with his stepmother.
10. What have the pregnant woman in Chapter Six and her husband decided to name their coming baby?
11. Who offers Eiji a job at Nero's pizza?
(b) Ai Imajo's roommate, Sachiko Sera.
(c) Mrs. Sasaki.
(d) Ai Imajo.
12. What does Admiral Raizo say Eiji and his grandfather both want?
(a) The love of Eiji's father.
(c) A happy family life.
13. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
(a) Mrs. Sasaki's old love letters.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A gun.
(d) A book manuscript written by Mrs. Sasaki's sister.
14. Why has Mrs. Yamaya not been able to get the authorities to make use of the data she has gathered about the yakuza?
(a) She is in hiding.
(b) The yakuza own the police and politicians.
(c) The yakuza are blackmailing her.
(d) The data is hidden in a place guarded by the yakuza.
15. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya?
(a) They made her sell drugs for them.
(b) They made her an assassin.
(c) They made her steal for them.
(d) They made her a slave because of her husband's debts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ogre?
2. Who is expecting a baby in Chapter Six?
3. What does Suga give Eiji before he leaves for his new job?
4. Where do Ai Imajo and Eiji have breakfast in Chapter Seven?
5. What does Ai Imajo offer to buy Eiji when they meet for breakfast in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)