|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Eiji take after receiving the address from Daimon?
(a) He sends Buntaro to check out the address.
(b) He writes the detecting asking for help locating his father.
(c) He goes to the address in person.
(d) He hires a personal detective to go to the address.
2. What does Eiji's grandfather loan Eiji?
(a) His most prized possession, his dead brother's journal.
(b) A family photo album.
(c) A car.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Six, where does Eiji go to meet his grandfather?
(a) His grandfather's home in Tokyo.
(b) The Amadeus Tea Room.
(c) The Jupiter Cafe.
(d) The PanOpticon.
4. What does Suga succeed in doing in Chapter Seven?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Getting a new girlfriend.
(c) Hacking the Pentagon computer, his Holy Grail.
(d) Getting a raise.
5. When Eiji wakes up in a strange house after his night of terror with the yakuza, what childhood memory does it rekindle?
(a) Moving from relative to relative after Anju's death.
(b) Waking up in an orphanage.
(c) A memory of his mother's house.
(d) A memory of his grandmother's house.
6. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya's son?
(a) They killed him and sold his organs on the black market.
(b) They sold him to an American couple wanting a child.
(c) They made him a yakuza hit man.
(d) They beat him up and left him for dead.
7. What does the postcard Eiji receives ask him to do?
(a) Stop trying to find his father.
(b) Come for a visit.
(c) Burn his mother's last letter.
(d) Forgive his mother for all her mistakes.
8. Why does Daimon come to visit Eiji in Chapter Five?
(a) To tell Eiji he has found Eiji's father.
(b) To thank Eiji for saving his life and to apologize.
(c) To warn Eiji to stay away from Miriam.
(d) To kill Eiji.
9. What have the pregnant woman in Chapter Six and her husband decided to name their coming baby?
10. Which of the following does not describe how Eiji sabotages the yakuza at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) He uses Suga's computer virus.
(b) He sends Mrs. Yamaya's data to theTokyo police.
(c) He bombs Mr. Tsuru's car.
(d) He attaches Mrs. Yamaya's data on the yakuza to the virus.
11. Who sets Eiji free from the yakuza and saves his life in Chapter Seven?
(c) Mr. Tsuru.
(d) Mama-san, the new head of the organization.
12. What does Ai Imajo offer to buy Eiji when they meet for breakfast in Chapter Seven?
(a) Tickets to a baseball game.
(b) A new baseball cap.
(c) A new cat.
13. What gives Ai Imajo's life meaning?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her job.
14. When his mother phones him, what does Eiji say to her?
(a) That he never wants to hear from her again.
(b) That she is crazy and needs therapy.
(c) That he wants to come see her.
(d) That she is responsible for Anju's death.
15. Which of the following is not a reason Eiji's stepmother gives for why Eiji's father does not want to meet him?
(a) His father wants to preserve his privacy.
(b) His father is ashamed of Eiji's illegitimacy.
(c) Eiji's father is ill and in the hospital.
(d) His father considers Eiji a reminder of his worst mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange things does Ai say are happening in Tokyo when she and Eiji talk by telephone at the end of Chapter Eight?
2. When Buntaro visits Eiji in Chatper Five, who does he say has been looking for Eiji?
3. Who offers Eiji a job at Nero's pizza?
4. What fact is Eiji surprised to learn about the identity of Mrs. Sasaki, his boss at Ueno Station?
5. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)