|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who picks up Eiji as he is fleeing the exploding Cadillacs at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(b) Ryutaro Morino.
(d) Mr. Tsuru.
2. When his mother phones him, what does Eiji say to her?
(a) That she is responsible for Anju's death.
(b) That he never wants to hear from her again.
(c) That he wants to come see her.
(d) That she is crazy and needs therapy.
3. What happens during Eiji's visit with his mother?
(a) Eiji and his mother argue loudly.
(b) Eiji and his mother blame each other for Anju's death.
(c) Eiji's mother runs away from him.
(d) Eiji and his mother agree to try and start over.
4. What is Eiji's fourth dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) His father and stepmother.
(b) Anju and her death.
(c) Yoko Ono.
(d) John Lennon and his song #9 Dream.
5. What is Subaru Tsukiyama's relationship to Eiji?
(a) He is Eiji's father.
(b) He is Eiji's half-brother.
(c) He is Eiji's great-uncle, the brother of Eiji's grandfather.
(d) He is Eiji's grandfather.
6. Who does Ai Imajo urge Eiji to meet?
(a) His stepmother.
(b) His half-sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
7. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
(a) Eiji's father hugs him and arranges to meet him regularly.
(b) His father orders a pizza which Eiji delivers.
(c) His father argues via telephone with his stepmother.
(d) Eiji leaves without revealing who he is.
8. Who offers Eiji a job at Nero's pizza?
(b) Mrs. Sasaki.
(c) Ai Imajo's roommate, Sachiko Sera.
(d) Ai Imajo.
9. Who is Monkfish?
(a) Ai Imajo's brother.
(b) The driver of the second truck in which Eiji rides.
(c) Buntaro's brother.
(d) The boyfriend of Eiji's mother.
10. Who is Mrs. Comb?
(a) A hen & Goatwriter's maid in the book Eiji finds and reads.
(b) Eiji's stepsister.
(c) Eiji's stepmother.
(d) The owner of the unfamiliar house in which Eiji finds himself.
11. Why has Mrs. Yamaya not been able to get the authorities to make use of the data she has gathered about the yakuza?
(a) She is in hiding.
(b) The yakuza own the police and politicians.
(c) The data is hidden in a place guarded by the yakuza.
(d) The yakuza are blackmailing her.
12. Why does the person in Eiji's third dream say Anju is not dead?
(a) Because her death was a dream.
(b) Because Eiji won't let her die.
(c) Because life is eternal.
(d) Because she was kidnapped.
13. When Eiji asks Buntaro what he can do to cover his rent now that he is no longer working at Ueno Station, what does Buntaro propose?
(a) That Eiji find a new place to live.
(b) That Eiji run the video store while Buntaro goes on vacation.
(c) That Eiji not worry about rent until he finds a new job.
(d) That Eiji get a loan from his bank to pay the rent.
14. Who is Pithecanthropus?
(a) A customer in the Jupiter Cafe.
(b) A customer in Buntaro's video store.
(c) A yakuza man.
(d) Goatwriter's friend and a handyman in the book Eiji finds.
15. Why doesn't Eiji's grandfather meet him?
(a) His grandfather wants his attorney to send Eiji away.
(b) His grandfather has disowned him.
(c) His grandfather has died.
(d) His grandfather is in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
2. What is Eiji's mother doing when he arrives at her clinic?
3. What have the pregnant woman in Chapter Six and her husband decided to name their coming baby?
4. What does Admiral Raizo say Eiji and his grandfather both want?
5. Who is Goatwriter?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)