|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Six, who does Eiji phone with increasing frequency?
(a) Ai Imajo.
2. In Chapter Five, who faxes Eiji a message that he is coming to visit at six o'clock?
(b) Eiji's father.
3. Where does Eiji find himself when he wakes up after his second dream in Chapter Eight?
(a) In Buntaro's video store.
(b) At the Jupiter Cafe.
(c) In the cab of another truck.
(d) At the PanOpticon building.
4. In Eiji's dream at the beginning of Chapter Eight, who is grown-up in the dream?
(b) Yuki Chiyo.
5. What does Eiji's grandfather loan Eiji?
(a) His most prized possession, his dead brother's journal.
(b) A family photo album.
(c) A car.
6. Why does the person in Eiji's third dream say Anju is not dead?
(a) Because she was kidnapped.
(b) Because her death was a dream.
(c) Because life is eternal.
(d) Because Eiji won't let her die.
7. What does Ai Imajo offer to buy Eiji when they meet for breakfast in Chapter Seven?
(a) A new baseball cap.
(b) Tickets to a baseball game.
(c) A new cat.
8. What is Eiji's mother doing when he arrives at her clinic?
(a) Eating lunch.
(b) Having a birthday party.
9. What is Ai Imajo's educational goal?
(a) To go to medical school.
(b) To attend a prestigious school in Paris to study music.
(c) To get a law degree.
(d) To become an accountant.
10. What happens in Tokyo at the end of the book?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) The Olympic games are held there.
(c) A flood.
(d) A fire.
11. What fact is Eiji surprised to learn about the identity of Mrs. Sasaki, his boss at Ueno Station?
(a) She knows his father.
(b) She is Buntaro's mother.
(c) She is one of his stepsisters.
(d) She is his stepmother.
12. At the beginning of Chapter Six, where does Eiji go to meet his grandfather?
(a) The PanOpticon.
(b) The Amadeus Tea Room.
(c) The Jupiter Cafe.
(d) His grandfather's home in Tokyo.
13. Who is Goatwriter?
(a) A goat and lead character in the book Eiji finds and reads.
(b) Buntaro's brother.
(c) One of the yakuza men.
(d) A computer hacker at Ueno Station.
14. To whom did Eiji's guitar once belong?
(b) Eiji's mother.
(c) Eiji's grandfather.
(d) Eiji's father.
15. What have the yakuza done to Mrs. Yamaya because of her attempts to use the information she has gathered about their activities?
(a) They have blackmailed her.
(b) They have taken her hostage.
(c) They have murdered her.
(d) They have cut off her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Pithecanthropus?
2. What kind of manager is Sachiko Sera at Nero's?
3. In Chapter Seven, where is Suga going to take a new job?
4. Who sets Eiji free from the yakuza and saves his life in Chapter Seven?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe something Daimon reveals during his visit with Eiji in Chapter Five?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)