|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ai Imajo offer to buy Eiji when they meet for breakfast in Chapter Seven?
(a) Tickets to a baseball game.
(c) A new cat.
(d) A new baseball cap.
2. Where do Ai Imajo and Eiji have breakfast in Chapter Seven?
(a) The Jupiter Cafe.
(b) The PanOpticon Building.
(d) The Amadeus Tea Room.
3. What strange things does Ai say are happening in Tokyo when she and Eiji talk by telephone at the end of Chapter Eight?
(a) Pigeons are flying into buildings and cars.
(b) The rain is yellow.
(c) The temperature has dropped noticeably.
(d) It is snowing in summer.
4. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
(a) Eiji leaves without revealing who he is.
(b) His father orders a pizza which Eiji delivers.
(c) Eiji's father hugs him and arranges to meet him regularly.
(d) His father argues via telephone with his stepmother.
5. What does Suga give Eiji before he leaves for his new job?
(a) A photo of himself.
(b) A John Lennon DVD.
(c) His finest computer virus.
(d) A gold watch.
6. Why doesn't Eiji's grandfather meet him?
(a) His grandfather has disowned him.
(b) His grandfather is in the hospital.
(c) His grandfather wants his attorney to send Eiji away.
(d) His grandfather has died.
7. What happens during Eiji's visit with his mother?
(a) Eiji and his mother agree to try and start over.
(b) Eiji and his mother argue loudly.
(c) Eiji and his mother blame each other for Anju's death.
(d) Eiji's mother runs away from him.
8. Which of the following statements does not describe the unfamiliar house in which Eiji awakens at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) It has no telephone.
(b) A big black dog lives in it.
(c) It has no tv.
(d) It is well-furnished and old fashioned.
9. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
(b) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
(c) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(d) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
10. What is Subaru Tsukiyama's relationship to Eiji?
(a) He is Eiji's grandfather.
(b) He is Eiji's great-uncle, the brother of Eiji's grandfather.
(c) He is Eiji's father.
(d) He is Eiji's half-brother.
11. What does Suga succeed in doing in Chapter Seven?
(a) Hacking the Pentagon computer, his Holy Grail.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Getting a raise.
(d) Getting a new girlfriend.
12. When his mother phones him, what does Eiji say to her?
(a) That he wants to come see her.
(b) That she is crazy and needs therapy.
(c) That he never wants to hear from her again.
(d) That she is responsible for Anju's death.
13. What is Eiji's fourth dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) John Lennon and his song #9 Dream.
(b) Anju and her death.
(c) Yoko Ono.
(d) His father and stepmother.
14. Why has Mrs. Yamaya not been able to get the authorities to make use of the data she has gathered about the yakuza?
(a) The yakuza own the police and politicians.
(b) She is in hiding.
(c) The yakuza are blackmailing her.
(d) The data is hidden in a place guarded by the yakuza.
15. What have the pregnant woman in Chapter Six and her husband decided to name their coming baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what does Subaru Tsukiyama find his life's meaning?
2. In Chapter Five, who faxes Eiji a message that he is coming to visit at six o'clock?
3. In Chapter Six, who does Eiji phone with increasing frequency?
4. Which of the following does not describe how Eiji sabotages the yakuza at the end of Chapter Seven?
5. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya's son?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)