|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Eiji a job at Nero's pizza?
(a) Mrs. Sasaki.
(b) Ai Imajo's roommate, Sachiko Sera.
(d) Ai Imajo.
2. What does Suga succeed in doing in Chapter Seven?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Getting a new girlfriend.
(c) Hacking the Pentagon computer, his Holy Grail.
(d) Getting a raise.
3. Who sets Eiji free from the yakuza and saves his life in Chapter Seven?
(a) Mr. Tsuru.
(d) Mama-san, the new head of the organization.
4. In Chapter Six, what tale does Suga give as the reason for his emotional distress when he shows up drunk one night while Eiji is working?
(a) A car accident in which a young boy was killed.
(b) A breakup with his girlfriend.
(c) A financial loss.
(d) A job loss.
5. What does Ai Imajo tell Eiji in Chapter Eight that she saw him throw away before he left Tokyo to meet his mother?
(a) His old baseball cap.
(b) His cigarettes.
(c) His old, faded blue jeans.
(d) His karate DVDs.
6. Whose address does Daimon fax to Eiji after his visit with Eiji?
(a) The detective that compiled Morino's file on Eiji's father.
(b) Eiji's mother.
(c) Mr. Tsuru.
(d) Eiji's father.
7. Why doesn't Eiji take a cigarette when Ogre offers him one?
(a) He doesn't like Ogre.
(b) He has promised AI Imajo he will stop smoking.
(c) He fears Ogre has germs.
(d) He is allergic to cigarettes.
8. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
(a) A gun.
(b) Mrs. Sasaki's old love letters.
(c) A book manuscript written by Mrs. Sasaki's sister.
(d) A dead body.
9. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
(b) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(c) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
(d) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
10. What does the postcard Eiji receives ask him to do?
(a) Stop trying to find his father.
(b) Come for a visit.
(c) Forgive his mother for all her mistakes.
(d) Burn his mother's last letter.
11. What have the yakuza done to Mrs. Yamaya because of her attempts to use the information she has gathered about their activities?
(a) They have murdered her.
(b) They have taken her hostage.
(c) They have blackmailed her.
(d) They have cut off her hand.
12. Who is Eiji's third dream in Chapter Eight about?
(a) Eiji's grandfather.
(b) Eiji's father.
(c) Mr. Aoyama, the Ueno Station boss who killed himself.
(d) Eiji's mother.
13. Why is Ogre not married?
(a) He sleepwalks and acts out his dreams while doing so.
(b) The woman he loved died and he never got over her.
(c) He prefers not to commit himself to marriage.
(d) He fears a wife would spend all his money.
14. At the beginning of Chapter Six, where does Eiji go to meet his grandfather?
(a) The Amadeus Tea Room.
(b) His grandfather's home in Tokyo.
(c) The Jupiter Cafe.
(d) The PanOpticon.
15. What does Admiral Raizo say Eiji and his grandfather both want?
(b) The love of Eiji's father.
(d) A happy family life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is expecting a baby in Chapter Six?
2. Who is Pithecanthropus?
3. How long after his meeting with Admiral Raizo is Eiji supposed to meet his grandfather?
4. In Chapter Six, what does Ai Imajo confide to Eiji?
5. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)