|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sets Eiji free from the yakuza and saves his life in Chapter Seven?
(a) Mr. Tsuru.
(b) Mama-san, the new head of the organization.
2. What does Admiral Raizo say Eiji and his grandfather both want?
(a) The love of Eiji's father.
(c) A happy family life.
3. What have the yakuza done to Mrs. Yamaya because of her attempts to use the information she has gathered about their activities?
(a) They have murdered her.
(b) They have taken her hostage.
(c) They have cut off her hand.
(d) They have blackmailed her.
4. In Chapter Seven, where is Suga going to take a new job?
(b) New York.
5. Why does Eiji's grandfather say he despises Eiji's father?
(a) Eiji's father is disrespectful to his father.
(b) Eiji's father is an alcoholic.
(c) Eiji's father has embezzled money from his law firm.
(d) Eiji's father sold a 500-year-old family heirloom sword.
6. Who is Mrs. Comb?
(a) Eiji's stepsister.
(b) The owner of the unfamiliar house in which Eiji finds himself.
(c) Eiji's stepmother.
(d) A hen & Goatwriter's maid in the book Eiji finds and reads.
7. When Eiji asks Buntaro what he can do to cover his rent now that he is no longer working at Ueno Station, what does Buntaro propose?
(a) That Eiji not worry about rent until he finds a new job.
(b) That Eiji find a new place to live.
(c) That Eiji get a loan from his bank to pay the rent.
(d) That Eiji run the video store while Buntaro goes on vacation.
8. How long after his meeting with Admiral Raizo is Eiji supposed to meet his grandfather?
(a) Seven days.
(b) One year.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) One month.
9. Who is Ogre?
(a) Eiji's cousin.
(b) A yakuza assassin.
(c) A coworker at Nero's.
(d) The driver of the truck in which Eiji is riding.
10. What does Ai Imajo offer to buy Eiji when they meet for breakfast in Chapter Seven?
(b) A new baseball cap.
(c) A new cat.
(d) Tickets to a baseball game.
11. In what does Subaru Tsukiyama find his life's meaning?
(a) In his work as a medical doctor.
(b) In charity work to help the poor.
(c) In volunteering to sacrifice his life for his country.
(d) In raising his three children.
12. What is Subaru Tsukiyama's relationship to Eiji?
(a) He is Eiji's grandfather.
(b) He is Eiji's half-brother.
(c) He is Eiji's great-uncle, the brother of Eiji's grandfather.
(d) He is Eiji's father.
13. What does Suga give Eiji before he leaves for his new job?
(a) A photo of himself.
(b) His finest computer virus.
(c) A John Lennon DVD.
(d) A gold watch.
14. Which of the following statements does not describe the unfamiliar house in which Eiji awakens at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) It has no telephone.
(b) A big black dog lives in it.
(c) It has no tv.
(d) It is well-furnished and old fashioned.
15. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(b) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
(c) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
(d) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during Eiji's visit with his mother?
2. What is Ai Imajo's educational goal?
3. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
4. In Chapter Five, who faxes Eiji a message that he is coming to visit at six o'clock?
5. What does Eiji's grandfather loan Eiji?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)