|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Decks it with roses and carnations.
(b) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(c) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(d) Burns it.
2. Where do the yakuza men lock Eiji in Chapter Four?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In a restroom at an entertainment complex.
(c) In a bank vault.
(d) In a church.
3. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(b) A war of succession .
(c) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
(d) A war between two warring mobs.
4. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
(a) The Jupiter Cafe.
(b) A parking lot in downtown Tokyo.
(c) The PanOpticon Building.
(d) A riverside bar called The Paradise Grill.
5. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(b) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(c) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
(d) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
6. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
(b) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
(c) It refers to Daimon's father.
(d) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
7. To what does Eiji's stepmother compare him?
(a) A boil she will lance.
(b) A cockroach.
(c) A warm, sunny day.
(d) A happy memory.
8. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The piano.
(d) The flute.
9. What does Eiji witness while with the yakuza?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) A drug sale.
(c) Multiple tortures and murders.
(d) A carjacking.
10. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find out who murdered his sister.
(b) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(c) To find a hidden treasure.
(d) To find the identity of his father.
11. With whom does Eiji have his first sexual experience?
(a) With a prostitute.
(b) With the waitress with the perfect neck.
(c) With the woman he calls Coffee.
(d) With Miriam.
12. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
(a) Mr. Aoyama.
(c) Mrs. Sasaki.
(d) Akiko Kato.
13. Who is Akiko Kato?
(a) The woman Eiji hopes to date.
(b) Eiji's grandmother.
(c) Eiji's birth mother.
(d) An attorney who is Eiji's only lead to his father.
14. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
(b) The International Trading Building.
(c) The PanOpticon Building.
(d) The Tokyo Hilton.
15. Who saves Eiji's life at the end of Chapter Four when bombs explode, killing the warring yakuza factions?
(d) A double agent, working for Mr. Tsuru, the former boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Buntaro?
2. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
3. Where does Eiji begin receiving messages that "Father" is watching him and will see him soon?
4. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
5. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)