|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do the contents of the file folder lead Eiji?
(a) To a pachinko parlor where Morino is waiting for him.
(b) To his father's home.
(c) To the Queen of Spades.
(d) To his stepmother's office.
2. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
(b) He dies.
(c) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(d) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
3. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) His mother.
(b) His stepmother.
(d) His father.
4. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
(b) The woman's missing front teeth.
(c) The woman's short skirt.
(d) The woman's perfect neck.
5. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
(a) She's his boss.
(b) She's his neighbor.
(c) She's his twin sister.
(d) She's his mother.
6. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
(b) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(c) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(d) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
7. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
(a) Cartoon characters.
(b) The two yakuza men waiting in the Cadillac for Eiji.
(c) Two of Eiji's coworkers.
(d) Characters in a video game.
8. Which of the following statements does not describe Daimon?
(a) He is a final-year law student.
(b) He is a native of Tokyo.
(c) He is from Germany.
(d) He is a gifted pool player.
9. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
(b) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
(c) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
(d) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
10. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
(a) He's told Akiko Kato is in a meeting.
(b) He's put on hold for a long time and hangs up in frustration.
(c) He's told Akiko Kato no longer works there.
(d) Akiko hangs up on him.
11. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
(b) Mr. Aoyama.
(c) A slightly older Tokyo native waiting for his date.
12. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
(a) Rob a bank for the yakuza.
(b) Sign a blood oath promising one day's loyalty to Morino.
(c) Sell drugs for the yakuza.
(d) Shoot Daimon.
13. To what does Eiji's stepmother compare him?
(a) A warm, sunny day.
(b) A happy memory.
(c) A boil she will lance.
(d) A cockroach.
14. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
(b) A mob godfather.
(c) His priest.
(d) His actual father.
15. Who is Akiko Kato?
(a) An attorney who is Eiji's only lead to his father.
(b) Eiji's birth mother.
(c) The woman Eiji hopes to date.
(d) Eiji's grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
2. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
3. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
4. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
5. What does Eiji find inside the file folder?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)