|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Queen of Spades?
(a) A boat Eiji wants to buy.
(b) A movie Eiji goes to see with Daimon.
(c) A gambling casino.
(d) An exclusive club to where Eiji and Daimon take their dates.
2. Who promises to pay for a hotel room for the night and then leaves Eiji with the bill?
3. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
(b) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
(c) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
(d) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
4. Who is Akiko Kato?
(a) Eiji's grandmother.
(b) Eiji's birth mother.
(c) The woman Eiji hopes to date.
(d) An attorney who is Eiji's only lead to his father.
5. At the beginning of Chapter Four, in what predicament does Eiji find himself?
(a) He has been hit by a drunk driver.
(b) He's bankrupt.
(c) He is having a seizure.
(d) He's about to die.
6. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He is too busy studying.
(b) He suffers from insomnia.
(c) He suffers from migraines.
(d) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
7. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's missing front teeth.
(b) The woman's perfect neck.
(c) The woman's short skirt.
(d) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
8. What does Eiji witness while with the yakuza?
(a) Multiple tortures and murders.
(b) A drug sale.
(c) A carjacking.
(d) A bank robbery.
9. In Chapter Three, who accuses Eiji of spying on her for Daimon?
(b) Ai Imajo.
10. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
(a) A slightly older Tokyo native waiting for his date.
(c) Mr. Aoyama.
11. Which of the following people is not involved in the yakuza war?
(b) Jun Nagasaki, the current top dog.
(c) Konosuke Tsuru, the elderly and sick old leader.
(d) Daimon's father, a corrupt police chief.
12. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
(a) Drinking at a bar.
(b) Gambling at the race track.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Daydreaming and watching the cafe customers and staff.
13. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A war of succession .
(b) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(c) A war between two warring mobs.
(d) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
14. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) His father.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His mother.
15. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
2. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
3. To what does Eiji's stepmother compare him?
4. Where does Eiji go for breakfast in Chapter Three after his night with Daimon?
5. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)