|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
(a) Sell drugs for the yakuza.
(b) Shoot Daimon.
(c) Rob a bank for the yakuza.
(d) Sign a blood oath promising one day's loyalty to Morino.
2. Where does Eiji begin receiving messages that "Father" is watching him and will see him soon?
(a) On his answering machine.
(b) At home in his mailbox.
(c) On his computer via email.
(d) On the ATM screen when he uses his ATM card.
3. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(c) Ai Imajo.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
(b) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
(c) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
(d) He is bald.
5. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
6. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
(b) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
(c) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(d) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
7. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
(a) A pair of brass knuckles.
(b) A syringe filled with chloroform.
(c) A bottle of pills he will sneak into people's drinks.
(d) A combination pistol and tranquilizer gun.
8. Who is Buntaro?
(a) Eiji's father.
(b) Eiji's landlord.
(c) Eiji's older brother.
(d) Eiji's best friend.
9. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
(a) Characters in a video game.
(b) Cartoon characters.
(c) The two yakuza men waiting in the Cadillac for Eiji.
(d) Two of Eiji's coworkers.
10. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(b) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
(c) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
(d) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
11. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Climb gym ropes faster than the boys in her class.
(c) Multiply fractions.
(d) Read seventh-grade texts.
12. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
(a) He is not selling drugs.
(b) He is not a spy for Jun Nagasaki.
(c) He is not romantically invovled with Miriam.
(d) He doesn't know Daimon.
13. Who is Wheatie?
(a) Anju and Eiji's grandmother.
(b) Eiji's landlord.
(c) Anju and Eiji's mother.
(d) Eiji's girlfriend.
14. What game do Daimon and Eiji play together?
(b) Mystic Magic.
15. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
(a) He finds a better source of information about his father.
(b) He finds his father without her.
(c) He is afraid to do so.
(d) He is waiting for the right moment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
2. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
3. With whom does Eiji have his first sexual experience?
4. What instrument can Eiji play?
5. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)