|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On whose cell phone conversation does Eiji eavesdrop?
(a) Akiko Kato's.
(c) The waitress with the perfect neck's.
2. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(b) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(c) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
(d) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
3. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
(a) A combination pistol and tranquilizer gun.
(b) A syringe filled with chloroform.
(c) A pair of brass knuckles.
(d) A bottle of pills he will sneak into people's drinks.
4. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
(a) By putting an ad in the newspaper's personal columns.
(b) By hiring a private detective.
(c) By going on television.
(d) By seeing his mother and making her lead him to his father.
5. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
(a) A mob godfather.
(b) His actual father.
(d) His priest.
6. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His stepmother.
7. Who claims to have a file folder about Eiji's father?
(a) Jun Nagasaki.
(c) Eiji's kidnapper.
8. Who is Wheatie?
(a) Anju and Eiji's grandmother.
(b) Anju and Eiji's mother.
(c) Eiji's girlfriend.
(d) Eiji's landlord.
9. What birthday does Eiji celebrate at the beginning of Chapter Three?
(a) His eighteenth birthday.
(b) His twenty-fifth birthday.
(c) His thirtieth birthday.
(d) His twentieth birthday.
10. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
(a) Drinking at a bar.
(b) Daydreaming and watching the cafe customers and staff.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Gambling at the race track.
11. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
(b) Mr. Aoyama.
(c) A slightly older Tokyo native waiting for his date.
12. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
(a) Deposit money in the bank.
(b) Empty the trash.
(c) Deliver lunches to customers.
(d) Buy coffee filters.
13. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
(a) Akiko Kato's law firm.
(b) A clothing shop.
(c) A night club.
(d) A new American pizza parlor in Tokyo.
14. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
(b) The woman's perfect neck.
(c) The woman's missing front teeth.
(d) The woman's short skirt.
15. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find a hidden treasure.
(b) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(c) To find out who murdered his sister.
(d) To find the identity of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
2. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Four, in what predicament does Eiji find himself?
4. What is the Queen of Spades?
5. Where do the yakuza men lock Eiji in Chapter Four?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)