|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
(b) Mr. Aoyama.
(c) Mrs. Sasaki.
(d) Akiko Kato.
2. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The flute.
(b) The piano.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The violin.
3. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their uncle.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their father and stepmother.
(d) Their grandmother.
4. How many waitresses does Eiji encounter in Chapter One?
5. What is the Queen of Spades?
(a) A boat Eiji wants to buy.
(b) An exclusive club to where Eiji and Daimon take their dates.
(c) A gambling casino.
(d) A movie Eiji goes to see with Daimon.
6. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
(a) Two coworkers he hates.
(b) The two older, less attractive waitresses at the cafe.
(c) His two cousins.
(d) His two supervisors.
7. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
(b) The International Trading Building.
(c) The PanOpticon Building.
(d) The Tokyo Hilton.
8. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) His stepmother.
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(d) Sports Illustrated.
10. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
(a) Substationmaster of the Ueno Station lost-property office.
(b) Eiji's grandfather.
(c) Eiji's father.
(d) Eiji's soccer coach.
11. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
(a) The two yakuza men waiting in the Cadillac for Eiji.
(b) Characters in a video game.
(c) Cartoon characters.
(d) Two of Eiji's coworkers.
12. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
(a) Break up his father's legitimate family.
(b) Go on the news to reveal his father's abandonment of him.
(c) Blackmail his father.
(d) Get his parents back together.
13. What mark identifies someone as a yakuza man or mobster?
(a) A leopard tattoo on the chest.
(b) A dragon tattoo on the arm.
(c) A pierced nostril and ruby nose ring.
(d) A snake tattoo on a shaved head.
14. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(b) Two men in a black Cadillac.
(d) Ai Imajo.
15. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
(a) Jun Nagasaki.
(b) Konosuke Tsuru.
(d) Ryutaro Morino.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
2. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
3. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
4. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
5. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)