|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
(a) A golf cap.
(b) A baseball cap.
(c) A straw hat.
(d) A plumed hat.
2. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(b) A war between two warring mobs.
(c) A war of succession .
(d) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
3. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
4. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(b) Ai Imajo.
(c) Two men in a black Cadillac.
5. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their father and stepmother.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) Their uncle.
6. How many waitresses does Eiji encounter in Chapter One?
7. In what guise does Eiji fantasize that he sneaks into Akiko Kato's building?
(a) As an aquarium cleaner.
(b) As a security guard.
(c) As a paramedic.
(d) As a policeman.
8. What does Eiji witness while with the yakuza?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) A carjacking.
(c) Multiple tortures and murders.
(d) A drug sale.
9. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
(b) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
(c) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(d) He dies.
10. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
(a) His father.
(b) The receptionist, Akiko Kato's bioborg, and Akiko Kato.
(c) His mother.
(d) His boss, his landlord, and his father.
11. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
(a) His priest.
(b) A mob godfather.
(d) His actual father.
12. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(b) To rebel against his mother and father.
(c) To worship the thunder god.
(d) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
13. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
(a) Multiply fractions.
(b) Climb gym ropes faster than the boys in her class.
(c) Read seventh-grade texts.
(d) Play the piano.
14. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
(b) Her mother is a drug addict.
(c) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(d) Her mother committed suicide.
15. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
(a) She refuses to help him find his father.
(b) She calls him and invites him to dinner.
(c) She asks him to schedule a time to see her.
(d) She sends him his father's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
2. Who is Wheatie?
3. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
4. Which of the following people is not involved in the yakuza war?
5. What game do Daimon and Eiji play together?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)