|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
(a) It's stolen from him before he can read it.
(b) It is accidentally shredded.
(c) The ink it's printed with disappears when exposed to air.
(d) It proves false and doesn't lead to his father.
2. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
(a) Ryutaro Morino.
(c) Jun Nagasaki.
(d) Konosuke Tsuru.
3. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(b) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(c) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(d) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
4. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
(a) That his mother tried to kill him when he was a baby.
(b) That his mother works in Tokyo with Akiko Kato.
(c) That his father is a famous movie star.
(d) That his mother is dying of cancer.
5. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
(b) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
(c) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
(d) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
6. In Chapter Three, who accuses Eiji of spying on her for Daimon?
(d) Ai Imajo.
7. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
(b) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
(c) It refers to Daimon's father.
(d) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
8. On whose cell phone conversation does Eiji eavesdrop?
(a) Akiko Kato's.
(b) The waitress with the perfect neck's.
9. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
(a) His boss, his landlord, and his father.
(b) The receptionist, Akiko Kato's bioborg, and Akiko Kato.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
10. Who gets Eiji his job by arranging an interview for him with Mrs. Sasaki?
(b) Mr. Aoyama.
11. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
(a) Buy coffee filters.
(b) Deliver lunches to customers.
(c) Deposit money in the bank.
(d) Empty the trash.
12. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
(a) His two cousins.
(b) Two coworkers he hates.
(c) His two supervisors.
(d) The two older, less attractive waitresses at the cafe.
13. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
(a) He doesn't know Daimon.
(b) He is not a spy for Jun Nagasaki.
(c) He is not romantically invovled with Miriam.
(d) He is not selling drugs.
14. Where does Eiji go for breakfast in Chapter Three after his night with Daimon?
(a) The Queen of Spades.
(b) Bunaro's video game store.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The Jupiter Cafe.
15. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The flute.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
2. Which of the following does not describe Suga's appearance in Chapter Two?
3. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
4. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
5. In what city does the book open?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)