|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
(a) It proves false and doesn't lead to his father.
(b) It is accidentally shredded.
(c) The ink it's printed with disappears when exposed to air.
(d) It's stolen from him before he can read it.
2. What is the Queen of Spades?
(a) A gambling casino.
(b) An exclusive club to where Eiji and Daimon take their dates.
(c) A movie Eiji goes to see with Daimon.
(d) A boat Eiji wants to buy.
3. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
(a) It is given to him.
(b) He's told to leave before he's beaten senseless.
(c) The yakuza burn it.
(d) The yakuza break his arm.
4. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
(b) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
(c) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
(d) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
5. What does Eiji find inside the file folder?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A letter from his birth father.
(c) A photo of his birth father and Akiko Kato.
(d) His birth certificate identifying his birth father.
6. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
(a) Eiji's father.
(b) Eiji's grandfather.
(c) Substationmaster of the Ueno Station lost-property office.
(d) Eiji's soccer coach.
7. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) He dies.
(b) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
(c) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(d) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
8. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(b) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(c) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
(d) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
9. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Decks it with roses and carnations.
(b) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(c) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(d) Burns it.
10. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(b) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
(c) A war of succession .
(d) A war between two warring mobs.
11. What is the source of Daimon's money?
(b) A trust fund.
(c) A winning lottery ticket.
(d) His father's position.
12. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
(a) Two of Eiji's coworkers.
(b) Characters in a video game.
(c) Cartoon characters.
(d) The two yakuza men waiting in the Cadillac for Eiji.
13. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's perfect neck.
(b) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
(c) The woman's short skirt.
(d) The woman's missing front teeth.
14. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He is bald.
(b) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
(c) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
(d) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
15. Who saves Eiji's life at the end of Chapter Four when bombs explode, killing the warring yakuza factions?
(a) A double agent, working for Mr. Tsuru, the former boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
2. What instrument can Eiji play?
3. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
4. Which of the following does not describe Suga's appearance in Chapter Two?
5. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)