|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
(a) A plumed hat.
(b) A straw hat.
(c) A baseball cap.
(d) A golf cap.
2. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
(d) Ai Imajo.
3. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
(a) It was his last present from Anju.
(b) It has medicine he vitally needs in it.
(c) It has an important document hidden in it.
(d) He keeps his money in it.
4. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
(a) He thinks Cat has run away.
(b) He thinks Cat is dead.
(c) He thinks Cat has become ill.
(d) He thinks Cat is pregnant.
5. What video game is Eiji playing at the beginning of Chapter Three?
(a) Hercules and the Amazons.
(b) The Haunted Hotel.
(c) Zax Omega and Red Plague Moon.
(d) Soldiers of Glory.
6. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother is a drug addict.
(b) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
(c) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(d) Her mother committed suicide.
7. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(c) Sports Illustrated.
8. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their father and stepmother.
(c) Their uncle.
(d) Their grandmother.
9. To what does Daimon offer to treat Eiji?
(a) A steak dinner.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A few drinks.
(d) A day at the spa.
10. What does Eiji leave in the video arcade in Chapter Three?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His credit card.
(c) His car keys.
(d) His baseball cap.
11. What birthday does Eiji celebrate at the beginning of Chapter Three?
(a) His twenty-fifth birthday.
(b) His eighteenth birthday.
(c) His twentieth birthday.
(d) His thirtieth birthday.
12. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
(b) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
(c) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
(d) It refers to Daimon's father.
13. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
(a) Eiji's soccer coach.
(b) Substationmaster of the Ueno Station lost-property office.
(c) Eiji's father.
(d) Eiji's grandfather.
14. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
(b) He is bald.
(c) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
(d) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
15. Who gets Eiji his job by arranging an interview for him with Mrs. Sasaki?
(b) Mr. Aoyama.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where do the contents of the file folder lead Eiji?
2. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
3. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
4. Who is Buntaro?
5. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)