|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(b) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
(c) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
(d) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
2. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
(b) It refers to Daimon's father.
(c) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
(d) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
3. To what does Daimon offer to treat Eiji?
(a) A day at the spa.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A steak dinner.
(d) A few drinks.
4. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A war between two warring mobs.
(b) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
(c) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(d) A war of succession .
5. Which of the following people is not involved in the yakuza war?
(a) Daimon's father, a corrupt police chief.
(c) Jun Nagasaki, the current top dog.
(d) Konosuke Tsuru, the elderly and sick old leader.
6. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) The cafe being robbed.
(b) A gang attacking him.
(c) Daimon and Miriam arguing.
(d) An angry man threatening the waitress with the perfect neck.
7. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their father and stepmother.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their uncle.
(d) Their mother.
8. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(b) To worship the thunder god.
(c) To rebel against his mother and father.
(d) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
9. What is the Queen of Spades?
(a) An exclusive club to where Eiji and Daimon take their dates.
(b) A boat Eiji wants to buy.
(c) A movie Eiji goes to see with Daimon.
(d) A gambling casino.
10. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(b) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
(c) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(d) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
11. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
(a) A riverside bar called The Paradise Grill.
(b) A parking lot in downtown Tokyo.
(c) The PanOpticon Building.
(d) The Jupiter Cafe.
12. What video game is Eiji playing at the beginning of Chapter Three?
(a) The Haunted Hotel.
(b) Zax Omega and Red Plague Moon.
(c) Hercules and the Amazons.
(d) Soldiers of Glory.
13. In what guise does Eiji fantasize that he sneaks into Akiko Kato's building?
(a) As a policeman.
(b) As a paramedic.
(c) As an aquarium cleaner.
(d) As a security guard.
14. Who is Akiko Kato?
(a) Eiji's grandmother.
(b) The woman Eiji hopes to date.
(c) Eiji's birth mother.
(d) An attorney who is Eiji's only lead to his father.
15. Which of the following does not describe Suga's appearance in Chapter Two?
(a) He has a fat bellow but no butt.
(b) He has eczema.
(c) He has a ponytail.
(d) He has long, dangly arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
2. Where does Eiji go for breakfast in Chapter Three after his night with Daimon?
3. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
4. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
5. Who are Velvet and Coffee?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)