|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The Tokyo Hilton.
(b) The PanOpticon Building.
(c) The International Trading Building.
(d) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
2. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(b) Decks it with roses and carnations.
(c) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(d) Burns it.
3. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(d) Sports Illustrated.
4. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The flute.
(b) The violin.
(c) The piano.
(d) The guitar.
5. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
(a) He finds his father without her.
(b) He is waiting for the right moment.
(c) He is afraid to do so.
(d) He finds a better source of information about his father.
6. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
(a) She sends him his father's address.
(b) She refuses to help him find his father.
(c) She asks him to schedule a time to see her.
(d) She calls him and invites him to dinner.
7. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A war between two warring mobs.
(b) A war of succession .
(c) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(d) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
8. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
(a) A parking lot in downtown Tokyo.
(b) The Jupiter Cafe.
(c) A riverside bar called The Paradise Grill.
(d) The PanOpticon Building.
9. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
(a) Mrs. Sasaki.
(b) Akiko Kato.
(d) Mr. Aoyama.
10. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
(a) She's his neighbor.
(b) She's his twin sister.
(c) She's his mother.
(d) She's his boss.
11. What is the source of Daimon's money?
(b) His father's position.
(c) A winning lottery ticket.
(d) A trust fund.
12. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
(a) Multiply fractions.
(b) Read seventh-grade texts.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Climb gym ropes faster than the boys in her class.
13. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
(a) Sell drugs for the yakuza.
(b) Shoot Daimon.
(c) Rob a bank for the yakuza.
(d) Sign a blood oath promising one day's loyalty to Morino.
14. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
(a) He keeps his money in it.
(b) It was his last present from Anju.
(c) It has medicine he vitally needs in it.
(d) It has an important document hidden in it.
15. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
(b) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
(c) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
(d) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
2. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
3. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
4. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
5. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)