|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Daimon?
(a) He is a gifted pool player.
(b) He is a native of Tokyo.
(c) He is from Germany.
(d) He is a final-year law student.
2. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find a hidden treasure.
(b) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(c) To find the identity of his father.
(d) To find out who murdered his sister.
3. What is the source of Daimon's money?
(a) A winning lottery ticket.
(c) His father's position.
(d) A trust fund.
4. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
(a) It's stolen from him before he can read it.
(b) It is accidentally shredded.
(c) It proves false and doesn't lead to his father.
(d) The ink it's printed with disappears when exposed to air.
5. What mark identifies someone as a yakuza man or mobster?
(a) A snake tattoo on a shaved head.
(b) A dragon tattoo on the arm.
(c) A pierced nostril and ruby nose ring.
(d) A leopard tattoo on the chest.
6. With whom does Eiji have his first sexual experience?
(a) With the waitress with the perfect neck.
(b) With Miriam.
(c) With a prostitute.
(d) With the woman he calls Coffee.
7. In what guise does Eiji fantasize that he sneaks into Akiko Kato's building?
(a) As a policeman.
(b) As a paramedic.
(c) As a security guard.
(d) As an aquarium cleaner.
8. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
(b) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(c) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
(d) He dies.
9. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
(b) It refers to Daimon's father.
(c) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
(d) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
10. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
(a) Shoot Daimon.
(b) Rob a bank for the yakuza.
(c) Sell drugs for the yakuza.
(d) Sign a blood oath promising one day's loyalty to Morino.
11. To what does Daimon offer to treat Eiji?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A day at the spa.
(c) A steak dinner.
(d) A few drinks.
12. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) An angry man threatening the waitress with the perfect neck.
(b) Daimon and Miriam arguing.
(c) A gang attacking him.
(d) The cafe being robbed.
13. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
(a) It has an important document hidden in it.
(b) It was his last present from Anju.
(c) He keeps his money in it.
(d) It has medicine he vitally needs in it.
14. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The PanOpticon Building.
(b) The Tokyo Hilton.
(c) The International Trading Building.
(d) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
15. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(d) Ai Imajo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eiji find inside the file folder?
2. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
3. Which of the following people is not involved in the yakuza war?
4. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
5. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)