|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(a) Ai Imajo.
2. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
(b) It refers to Daimon's father.
(c) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
(d) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
3. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
(a) He thinks Cat has run away.
(b) He thinks Cat is dead.
(c) He thinks Cat is pregnant.
(d) He thinks Cat has become ill.
4. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(b) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(c) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(d) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
5. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
6. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
(a) Daimon searches with him for the lost article.
(b) Daimon has a dog that finds it by smell.
(c) Daimon is wearing it.
(d) Daimon directs him to the lost and found, and it's there.
7. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
(a) Drinking at a bar.
(b) Daydreaming and watching the cafe customers and staff.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Gambling at the race track.
8. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
9. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
(a) He's put on hold for a long time and hangs up in frustration.
(b) He's told Akiko Kato no longer works there.
(c) He's told Akiko Kato is in a meeting.
(d) Akiko hangs up on him.
10. Who promises to pay for a hotel room for the night and then leaves Eiji with the bill?
11. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
(a) Ai Imajo.
12. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
(b) The International Trading Building.
(c) The PanOpticon Building.
(d) The Tokyo Hilton.
13. Who claims to have a file folder about Eiji's father?
(b) Jun Nagasaki.
(c) Eiji's kidnapper.
14. What does Eiji do when he comes to Ai Imajo's assistance in Chapter Three?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He overpowers the man with karate.
(c) He cowers under a table, deciding he can't help after all.
(d) He head butts the man who has been threatening Ai Imajo.
15. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their father and stepmother.
(d) Their uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
2. With whom does Daimon seem to have tension at the Queen of Spades?
3. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
4. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
5. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)