Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji find inside the file folder?
(a) A letter from his birth father.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A photo of his birth father and Akiko Kato.
(d) His birth certificate identifying his birth father.
2. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
(a) Deliver lunches to customers.
(b) Deposit money in the bank.
(c) Buy coffee filters.
(d) Empty the trash.
3. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
(b) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
(c) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(d) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
4. At the beginning of Chapter Four, in what predicament does Eiji find himself?
(a) He has been hit by a drunk driver.
(b) He's bankrupt.
(c) He is having a seizure.
(d) He's about to die.
5. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(c) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(d) Decks it with roses and carnations.
6. Who gets Eiji his job by arranging an interview for him with Mrs. Sasaki?
(c) Mr. Aoyama.
7. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
(a) It has medicine he vitally needs in it.
(b) It was his last present from Anju.
(c) He keeps his money in it.
(d) It has an important document hidden in it.
8. Which of the following statements does not describe Daimon?
(a) He is a native of Tokyo.
(b) He is a gifted pool player.
(c) He is a final-year law student.
(d) He is from Germany.
9. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
(a) Her file on his father.
(b) A key to a safe deposit box containing stolen jewels.
(c) A picture of his father.
(d) Akiko Kato's purse.
10. In what city does the book open?
(d) New York.
11. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
(a) His actual father.
(c) A mob godfather.
(d) His priest.
12. Who promises to pay for a hotel room for the night and then leaves Eiji with the bill?
13. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
(a) The stone is magical.
(b) It was a real whale the thunder god turned into stone.
(c) If you swim to it, it will take you anywhere you want to go.
(d) A mermaid lives under it.
14. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find out who murdered his sister.
(b) To find a hidden treasure.
(c) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(d) To find the identity of his father.
15. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
(a) Daimon searches with him for the lost article.
(b) Daimon directs him to the lost and found, and it's there.
(c) Daimon is wearing it.
(d) Daimon has a dog that finds it by smell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
2. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
3. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
4. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
5. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)