|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Three, who accuses Eiji of spying on her for Daimon?
(c) Ai Imajo.
2. Who saves Eiji's life at the end of Chapter Four when bombs explode, killing the warring yakuza factions?
(b) A double agent, working for Mr. Tsuru, the former boss.
3. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
(a) Daimon directs him to the lost and found, and it's there.
(b) Daimon is wearing it.
(c) Daimon has a dog that finds it by smell.
(d) Daimon searches with him for the lost article.
4. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
(a) Akiko Kato no longer works in the building.
(b) Security turns him away before he gets to the elevator.
(c) Akiko Kato refuses to see him.
(d) Akiko Kato has him arrested.
5. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
6. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Drinking at a bar.
(c) Gambling at the race track.
(d) Daydreaming and watching the cafe customers and staff.
7. Who is Akiko Kato?
(a) Eiji's birth mother.
(b) Eiji's grandmother.
(c) The woman Eiji hopes to date.
(d) An attorney who is Eiji's only lead to his father.
8. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
(c) A slightly older Tokyo native waiting for his date.
(d) Mr. Aoyama.
9. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The PanOpticon Building.
(b) The Tokyo Hilton.
(c) The International Trading Building.
(d) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
10. Where does Eiji find the file folder about his father?
(a) In the black Cadillac.
(b) In the garbage.
(c) At the Queen of Spades.
(d) At the Jupiter Cafe.
11. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
(b) He dies.
(c) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(d) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
12. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
(d) Ai Imajo.
13. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother committed suicide.
(b) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(c) Her mother is a drug addict.
(d) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
14. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
(a) Blackmail his father.
(b) Go on the news to reveal his father's abandonment of him.
(c) Break up his father's legitimate family.
(d) Get his parents back together.
15. What is the source of Daimon's money?
(b) A trust fund.
(c) A winning lottery ticket.
(d) His father's position.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
2. What game do Daimon and Eiji play together?
3. What does Eiji witness while with the yakuza?
4. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
5. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)