|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find the identity of his father.
(b) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(c) To find out who murdered his sister.
(d) To find a hidden treasure.
2. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(d) Ai Imajo.
3. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(b) A war of succession .
(c) A war between two warring mobs.
(d) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
4. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
(a) Her file on his father.
(b) A picture of his father.
(c) Akiko Kato's purse.
(d) A key to a safe deposit box containing stolen jewels.
5. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
(a) Characters in a video game.
(b) Cartoon characters.
(c) The two yakuza men waiting in the Cadillac for Eiji.
(d) Two of Eiji's coworkers.
6. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Gambling at the race track.
(c) Daydreaming and watching the cafe customers and staff.
(d) Drinking at a bar.
7. Which of the following statements does not describe Daimon?
(a) He is a native of Tokyo.
(b) He is from Germany.
(c) He is a gifted pool player.
(d) He is a final-year law student.
8. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) Daimon and Miriam arguing.
(b) A gang attacking him.
(c) An angry man threatening the waitress with the perfect neck.
(d) The cafe being robbed.
9. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
(a) A plumed hat.
(b) A golf cap.
(c) A baseball cap.
(d) A straw hat.
10. In what city does the book open?
(a) New York.
11. What does Eiji find inside the file folder?
(a) A photo of his birth father and Akiko Kato.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A letter from his birth father.
(d) His birth certificate identifying his birth father.
12. Who is Buntaro?
(a) Eiji's older brother.
(b) Eiji's best friend.
(c) Eiji's father.
(d) Eiji's landlord.
13. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
(a) A riverside bar called The Paradise Grill.
(b) The Jupiter Cafe.
(c) A parking lot in downtown Tokyo.
(d) The PanOpticon Building.
14. How many waitresses does Eiji encounter in Chapter One?
15. What mark identifies someone as a yakuza man or mobster?
(a) A pierced nostril and ruby nose ring.
(b) A leopard tattoo on the chest.
(c) A snake tattoo on a shaved head.
(d) A dragon tattoo on the arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
2. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
3. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
4. What does Eiji do when he comes to Ai Imajo's assistance in Chapter Three?
5. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)