|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The piano.
(b) The violin.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The flute.
2. Where do the yakuza men lock Eiji in Chapter Four?
(a) In a restroom at an entertainment complex.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a closet.
(d) In a bank vault.
3. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
(b) Ai Imajo.
4. In what guise does Eiji fantasize that he sneaks into Akiko Kato's building?
(a) As a security guard.
(b) As a paramedic.
(c) As an aquarium cleaner.
(d) As a policeman.
5. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
(b) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(c) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(d) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
6. Where does Eiji go for breakfast in Chapter Three after his night with Daimon?
(a) The Queen of Spades.
(b) Bunaro's video game store.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The Jupiter Cafe.
7. At the beginning of Chapter Four, in what predicament does Eiji find himself?
(a) He has been hit by a drunk driver.
(b) He's bankrupt.
(c) He's about to die.
(d) He is having a seizure.
8. To what does Daimon offer to treat Eiji?
(a) A few drinks.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A day at the spa.
(d) A steak dinner.
9. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(b) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
(c) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(d) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
10. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
(b) Mr. Aoyama.
(c) Mrs. Sasaki.
(d) Akiko Kato.
11. What birthday does Eiji celebrate at the beginning of Chapter Three?
(a) His twentieth birthday.
(b) His thirtieth birthday.
(c) His twenty-fifth birthday.
(d) His eighteenth birthday.
12. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
(a) He's told to leave before he's beaten senseless.
(b) It is given to him.
(c) The yakuza break his arm.
(d) The yakuza burn it.
13. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
(a) He is afraid to do so.
(b) He is waiting for the right moment.
(c) He finds a better source of information about his father.
(d) He finds his father without her.
14. With whom does Daimon seem to have tension at the Queen of Spades?
(a) The owner.
(b) Velvet and Coffee.
(d) Miriam, one of the club's hostesses.
15. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
(a) Daimon is wearing it.
(b) Daimon has a dog that finds it by smell.
(c) Daimon searches with him for the lost article.
(d) Daimon directs him to the lost and found, and it's there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
2. Who are Velvet and Coffee?
3. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
4. Who promises to pay for a hotel room for the night and then leaves Eiji with the bill?
5. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)