|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A war of succession .
(b) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
(c) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(d) A war between two warring mobs.
2. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
(b) Her mother is a drug addict.
(c) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(d) Her mother committed suicide.
3. In Chapter Three, who accuses Eiji of spying on her for Daimon?
(d) Ai Imajo.
4. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(d) Ai Imajo.
5. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's missing front teeth.
(b) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
(c) The woman's perfect neck.
(d) The woman's short skirt.
6. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find the identity of his father.
(b) To find a hidden treasure.
(c) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(d) To find out who murdered his sister.
7. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(b) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
(c) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(d) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
8. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
(b) His actual father.
(c) His priest.
(d) A mob godfather.
9. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He suffers from migraines.
(b) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
(c) He is too busy studying.
(d) He suffers from insomnia.
10. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
(b) Ai Imajo.
11. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
(b) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
(c) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
(d) He is bald.
12. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
(b) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
(c) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
(d) It refers to Daimon's father.
13. What mark identifies someone as a yakuza man or mobster?
(a) A leopard tattoo on the chest.
(b) A pierced nostril and ruby nose ring.
(c) A snake tattoo on a shaved head.
(d) A dragon tattoo on the arm.
14. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
15. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
(a) By hiring a private detective.
(b) By seeing his mother and making her lead him to his father.
(c) By going on television.
(d) By putting an ad in the newspaper's personal columns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
2. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
3. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
4. Which of the following does not describe Suga's appearance in Chapter Two?
5. Where do the yakuza men lock Eiji in Chapter Four?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)