|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(b) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
(c) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(d) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
2. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(d) Ai Imajo.
3. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(b) A war between two warring mobs.
(c) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
(d) A war of succession .
4. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
5. Who are Velvet and Coffee?
(a) Two girls Eiji and Daimon pick up in a bar.
(b) Two undercover policemen.
(c) Two video game characters.
(d) Two waitresses at a tea house.
6. What does Eiji do when he comes to Ai Imajo's assistance in Chapter Three?
(a) He head butts the man who has been threatening Ai Imajo.
(b) He cowers under a table, deciding he can't help after all.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He overpowers the man with karate.
7. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The flute.
(d) The piano.
8. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
(a) He thinks Cat is dead.
(b) He thinks Cat has run away.
(c) He thinks Cat has become ill.
(d) He thinks Cat is pregnant.
9. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(b) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(c) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
(d) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
10. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
(a) Two of Eiji's coworkers.
(b) Cartoon characters.
(c) Characters in a video game.
(d) The two yakuza men waiting in the Cadillac for Eiji.
11. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(a) Two men in a black Cadillac.
(b) Ai Imajo.
12. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His boss, his landlord, and his father.
(d) The receptionist, Akiko Kato's bioborg, and Akiko Kato.
13. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
(a) Rob a bank for the yakuza.
(b) Sign a blood oath promising one day's loyalty to Morino.
(c) Sell drugs for the yakuza.
(d) Shoot Daimon.
14. Who is Akiko Kato?
(a) Eiji's birth mother.
(b) An attorney who is Eiji's only lead to his father.
(c) Eiji's grandmother.
(d) The woman Eiji hopes to date.
15. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) His stepmother.
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Eiji his job by arranging an interview for him with Mrs. Sasaki?
2. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
3. With whom does Daimon seem to have tension at the Queen of Spades?
4. What video game is Eiji playing at the beginning of Chapter Three?
5. On whose cell phone conversation does Eiji eavesdrop?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)