|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(a) Ai Imajo.
2. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother is a drug addict.
(b) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
(c) Her mother committed suicide.
(d) Her mother died in a car wreck.
3. Who is Akiko Kato?
(a) Eiji's birth mother.
(b) An attorney who is Eiji's only lead to his father.
(c) The woman Eiji hopes to date.
(d) Eiji's grandmother.
4. With whom does Daimon seem to have tension at the Queen of Spades?
(a) Miriam, one of the club's hostesses.
(c) Velvet and Coffee.
(d) The owner.
5. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He suffers from insomnia.
(b) He is too busy studying.
(c) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
(d) He suffers from migraines.
6. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
(a) He is waiting for the right moment.
(b) He finds his father without her.
(c) He is afraid to do so.
(d) He finds a better source of information about his father.
7. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) The cafe being robbed.
(b) A gang attacking him.
(c) Daimon and Miriam arguing.
(d) An angry man threatening the waitress with the perfect neck.
8. Who are Velvet and Coffee?
(a) Two video game characters.
(b) Two waitresses at a tea house.
(c) Two girls Eiji and Daimon pick up in a bar.
(d) Two undercover policemen.
9. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
(a) Get his parents back together.
(b) Break up his father's legitimate family.
(c) Blackmail his father.
(d) Go on the news to reveal his father's abandonment of him.
10. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
(a) Daimon directs him to the lost and found, and it's there.
(b) Daimon is wearing it.
(c) Daimon has a dog that finds it by smell.
(d) Daimon searches with him for the lost article.
11. What is the source of Daimon's money?
(a) His father's position.
(c) A trust fund.
(d) A winning lottery ticket.
12. What does Eiji leave in the video arcade in Chapter Three?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His credit card.
(c) His baseball cap.
(d) His car keys.
13. To what does Daimon offer to treat Eiji?
(a) A steak dinner.
(b) A few drinks.
(c) A baseball game.
(d) A day at the spa.
14. What does Eiji find inside the file folder?
(a) His birth certificate identifying his birth father.
(b) A bomb.
(c) A letter from his birth father.
(d) A photo of his birth father and Akiko Kato.
15. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A lawn care service.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A video store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
2. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
3. What mark identifies someone as a yakuza man or mobster?
4. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
5. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)