|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(b) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
(c) He dies.
(d) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
2. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She has a severe asthma attack.
(c) She meets their long lost mother.
(d) She drowns while trying to swim out to the whalestone.
3. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
(b) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
(c) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
(d) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
4. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
(a) Daimon has a dog that finds it by smell.
(b) Daimon directs him to the lost and found, and it's there.
(c) Daimon is wearing it.
(d) Daimon searches with him for the lost article.
5. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
(a) It proves false and doesn't lead to his father.
(b) It's stolen from him before he can read it.
(c) The ink it's printed with disappears when exposed to air.
(d) It is accidentally shredded.
6. Which of the following statements does not describe Daimon?
(a) He is from Germany.
(b) He is a gifted pool player.
(c) He is a native of Tokyo.
(d) He is a final-year law student.
7. What does Eiji witness while with the yakuza?
(a) A drug sale.
(b) Multiple tortures and murders.
(c) A carjacking.
(d) A bank robbery.
8. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
(b) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
(c) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(d) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
9. Which of the following people is not involved in the yakuza war?
(a) Daimon's father, a corrupt police chief.
(b) Konosuke Tsuru, the elderly and sick old leader.
(d) Jun Nagasaki, the current top dog.
10. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(a) Ai Imajo.
(d) Two men in a black Cadillac.
11. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
(a) That his mother tried to kill him when he was a baby.
(b) That his father is a famous movie star.
(c) That his mother is dying of cancer.
(d) That his mother works in Tokyo with Akiko Kato.
12. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
13. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) His mother.
(b) His stepmother.
(c) His father.
14. Where does Eiji begin receiving messages that "Father" is watching him and will see him soon?
(a) On his answering machine.
(b) On his computer via email.
(c) On the ATM screen when he uses his ATM card.
(d) At home in his mailbox.
15. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
(a) He's told Akiko Kato no longer works there.
(b) Akiko hangs up on him.
(c) He's put on hold for a long time and hangs up in frustration.
(d) He's told Akiko Kato is in a meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
2. What instrument can Eiji play?
3. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
4. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
5. In Chapter Three, who accuses Eiji of spying on her for Daimon?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)