|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Language of Mountains is Rain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Five, how much time has lapsed since Eiji first left his village to come to Tokyo in search of his father?
(a) A year.
(b) Two years.
(c) A week.
(d) Five weeks.
2. Why doesn't Eiji's grandfather meet him?
(a) His grandfather has died.
(b) His grandfather wants his attorney to send Eiji away.
(c) His grandfather is in the hospital.
(d) His grandfather has disowned him.
3. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
(a) Ai Imajo.
4. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(b) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(c) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
(d) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
5. In Chapter Seven, where is Suga going to take a new job?
(a) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
2. What obstacle does Ai Imajo face in attaining her goal?
3. What does Ai Imajo offer to buy Eiji when they meet for breakfast in Chapter Seven?
4. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
5. When Eiji wakes up in a strange house after his night of terror with the yakuza, what childhood memory does it rekindle?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)