|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Language of Mountains is Rain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eiji wakes up from his initial dream in Chapter Eight, where does he find himself?
(a) In the cab of a truck.
(b) At his mother's clinic.
(c) In Ai Imajo's apartment.
(d) At the Jupiter Cafe.
2. What does Eiji think of his new job at Nero's Pizza in Chapter Seven?
(a) His coworkers are mean.
(b) The kitchen is hot and cramped, but the work is easy.
(c) The hours are too long.
(d) He hates it.
3. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
(a) He is weak because the yakuza drained his blood.
(b) He dies.
(c) Eiji puts him in a taxi.
(d) Eiji has Buntaro put him in Eiji's apartment.
4. Why has Mrs. Yamaya not been able to get the authorities to make use of the data she has gathered about the yakuza?
(a) The data is hidden in a place guarded by the yakuza.
(b) The yakuza own the police and politicians.
(c) The yakuza are blackmailing her.
(d) She is in hiding.
5. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He is too busy studying.
(b) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
(c) He suffers from migraines.
(d) He suffers from insomnia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
2. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
3. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
4. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
5. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)