|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Language of Mountains is Rain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Sasaki tell Eiji not to return to his job at Ueno Station?
(a) He has been fired.
(b) They closed the station after Mr. Aoyama's suicide.
(c) The yakuza or police might be looking for him there.
(d) She has a better job for him elsewhere.
2. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To worship the thunder god.
(b) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(c) To rebel against his mother and father.
(d) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
3. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
(a) By putting an ad in the newspaper's personal columns.
(b) By seeing his mother and making her lead him to his father.
(c) By hiring a private detective.
(d) By going on television.
4. What does Ai Imajo tell Eiji in Chapter Eight that she saw him throw away before he left Tokyo to meet his mother?
(a) His old, faded blue jeans.
(b) His karate DVDs.
(c) His cigarettes.
(d) His old baseball cap.
5. What have the yakuza done to Mrs. Yamaya because of her attempts to use the information she has gathered about their activities?
(a) They have taken her hostage.
(b) They have murdered her.
(c) They have blackmailed her.
(d) They have cut off her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does the book open?
2. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
3. Who is Ogre?
4. Who is Eiji's third dream in Chapter Eight about?
5. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)