|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Language of Mountains is Rain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after his meeting with Admiral Raizo is Eiji supposed to meet his grandfather?
(a) One year.
(b) Seven days.
(c) One month.
(d) Six weeks.
2. Why does Daimon come to visit Eiji in Chapter Five?
(a) To thank Eiji for saving his life and to apologize.
(b) To warn Eiji to stay away from Miriam.
(c) To tell Eiji he has found Eiji's father.
(d) To kill Eiji.
3. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He is too busy studying.
(b) He suffers from migraines.
(c) He suffers from insomnia.
(d) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
4. As he reflects on Anju's death and what gives his life meaning, what does Eiji begin to think about his search for his father?
(a) He should give up his quest.
(b) It is what gives his life meaning.
(c) It might not be as important as he has previously believed.
(d) He should increase his devotion to his quest.
5. To what does Eiji's stepmother compare him?
(a) A boil she will lance.
(b) A happy memory.
(c) A warm, sunny day.
(d) A cockroach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Eiji his job by arranging an interview for him with Mrs. Sasaki?
2. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
3. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
4. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
5. Who does Eiji's grandfather pretend to be when he meets Eiji?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)