|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, "The Language of Mountains is Rain".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
(a) His two cousins.
(b) His two supervisors.
(c) The two older, less attractive waitresses at the cafe.
(d) Two coworkers he hates.
2. Why does the person in Eiji's third dream say Anju is not dead?
(a) Because life is eternal.
(b) Because Eiji won't let her die.
(c) Because her death was a dream.
(d) Because she was kidnapped.
3. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(b) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
(c) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
(d) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
4. What mark identifies someone as a yakuza man or mobster?
(a) A dragon tattoo on the arm.
(b) A snake tattoo on a shaved head.
(c) A pierced nostril and ruby nose ring.
(d) A leopard tattoo on the chest.
5. In Chapter Six, what does Ai Imajo confide to Eiji?
(a) That she's diabetic and shoots herself with insulin.
(b) That she is on the run from an abusive husband.
(c) That she knows who Eiji's father is.
(d) That she loves Eiji.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fact is Eiji surprised to learn about the identity of Mrs. Sasaki, his boss at Ueno Station?
2. In Chapter Five, who faxes Eiji a message that he is coming to visit at six o'clock?
3. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
4. In Chapter Three, who accuses Eiji of spying on her for Daimon?
5. Who is Mrs. Comb?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)