|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Cards".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
(a) He thinks Cat is dead.
(b) He thinks Cat is pregnant.
(c) He thinks Cat has run away.
(d) He thinks Cat has become ill.
2. In what does Subaru Tsukiyama find his life's meaning?
(a) In his work as a medical doctor.
(b) In raising his three children.
(c) In volunteering to sacrifice his life for his country.
(d) In charity work to help the poor.
3. Who offers Eiji a job at Nero's pizza?
(a) Ai Imajo.
(b) Ai Imajo's roommate, Sachiko Sera.
(c) Mrs. Sasaki.
4. Which of the following is not a reason Eiji's stepmother gives for why Eiji's father does not want to meet him?
(a) His father considers Eiji a reminder of his worst mistake.
(b) Eiji's father is ill and in the hospital.
(c) His father is ashamed of Eiji's illegitimacy.
(d) His father wants to preserve his privacy.
5. Where does Eiji find the file folder about his father?
(a) At the Jupiter Cafe.
(b) At the Queen of Spades.
(c) In the garbage.
(d) In the black Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
2. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
3. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
4. Where do Ai Imajo and Eiji have breakfast in Chapter Seven?
5. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)