|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Cards".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(b) Her mother committed suicide.
(c) Her mother is a drug addict.
(d) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
2. Whose address does Daimon fax to Eiji after his visit with Eiji?
(a) Mr. Tsuru.
(b) Eiji's mother.
(c) The detective that compiled Morino's file on Eiji's father.
(d) Eiji's father.
3. In Chapter Seven, where is Suga going to take a new job?
(d) New York.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe something Daimon reveals during his visit with Eiji in Chapter Five?
(a) Daimon and Miriam are going to disappear for a while.
(b) Daimon is now married to Miriam.
(c) Daimon says the yakuza are no longer searching for him.
(d) Daimon promises to try to help Eiji find his father.
5. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(b) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(c) Burns it.
(d) Decks it with roses and carnations.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Goatwriter?
2. In Chapter Three, who accuses Eiji of spying on her for Daimon?
3. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
4. In Chapter Six, who does Eiji phone with increasing frequency?
5. Who picks up Eiji as he is fleeing the exploding Cadillacs at the beginning of Chapter Five?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)