|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Cards".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
(b) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(c) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
(d) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
2. What is Subaru Tsukiyama's relationship to Eiji?
(a) He is Eiji's father.
(b) He is Eiji's half-brother.
(c) He is Eiji's grandfather.
(d) He is Eiji's great-uncle, the brother of Eiji's grandfather.
3. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya's son?
(a) They beat him up and left him for dead.
(b) They sold him to an American couple wanting a child.
(c) They killed him and sold his organs on the black market.
(d) They made him a yakuza hit man.
4. What have the yakuza done to Mrs. Yamaya because of her attempts to use the information she has gathered about their activities?
(a) They have cut off her hand.
(b) They have taken her hostage.
(c) They have blackmailed her.
(d) They have murdered her.
5. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
(b) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(c) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
(d) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Six, where does Eiji go to meet his grandfather?
2. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
3. What instrument can Eiji play?
4. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
5. Which of the following does not describe Suga's appearance in Chapter Two?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)