|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Cards".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She meets their long lost mother.
(c) She drowns while trying to swim out to the whalestone.
(d) She has a severe asthma attack.
2. When Eiji wakes up in a strange house after his night of terror with the yakuza, what childhood memory does it rekindle?
(a) Waking up in an orphanage.
(b) A memory of his grandmother's house.
(c) Moving from relative to relative after Anju's death.
(d) A memory of his mother's house.
3. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find the identity of his father.
(b) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(c) To find out who murdered his sister.
(d) To find a hidden treasure.
4. Which of the following is not a reason Eiji's stepmother gives for why Eiji's father does not want to meet him?
(a) His father wants to preserve his privacy.
(b) Eiji's father is ill and in the hospital.
(c) His father is ashamed of Eiji's illegitimacy.
(d) His father considers Eiji a reminder of his worst mistake.
5. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
(a) The ink it's printed with disappears when exposed to air.
(b) It's stolen from him before he can read it.
(c) It is accidentally shredded.
(d) It proves false and doesn't lead to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
2. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
3. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
4. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
5. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)