|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Cards".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
(a) It was a real whale the thunder god turned into stone.
(b) The stone is magical.
(c) If you swim to it, it will take you anywhere you want to go.
(d) A mermaid lives under it.
2. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
(a) By putting an ad in the newspaper's personal columns.
(b) By hiring a private detective.
(c) By going on television.
(d) By seeing his mother and making her lead him to his father.
3. What is the source of Daimon's money?
(a) A winning lottery ticket.
(b) His father's position.
(c) A trust fund.
4. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya?
(a) They made her steal for them.
(b) They made her an assassin.
(c) They made her a slave because of her husband's debts.
(d) They made her sell drugs for them.
5. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He is too busy studying.
(b) He suffers from migraines.
(c) He suffers from insomnia.
(d) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Daimon offer to treat Eiji?
2. What game do Daimon and Eiji play together?
3. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
4. Who are Frankenstein and Lizard?
5. What does Eiji think of his new job at Nero's Pizza in Chapter Seven?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)