|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Subaru Tsukiyama's profession?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a physician.
(c) He was the suicide pilot of a kaiten, or manned torpedo.
(d) He was a lawyer.
2. Why does Eiji miss his six o'clock visitor?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) The visitor breaks in and remains quiet to not be detected.
(c) He hides out in the secret room.
(d) He is drugged.
3. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To rebel against his mother and father.
(b) To worship the thunder god.
(c) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(d) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
4. Why does Daimon come to visit Eiji in Chapter Five?
(a) To thank Eiji for saving his life and to apologize.
(b) To kill Eiji.
(c) To warn Eiji to stay away from Miriam.
(d) To tell Eiji he has found Eiji's father.
5. What does the postcard Eiji receives ask him to do?
(a) Forgive his mother for all her mistakes.
(b) Stop trying to find his father.
(c) Come for a visit.
(d) Burn his mother's last letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
2. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
3. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
4. Who does Eiji's grandfather pretend to be when he meets Eiji?
5. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)