|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(d) Decks it with roses and carnations.
2. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A book manuscript written by Mrs. Sasaki's sister.
(c) Mrs. Sasaki's old love letters.
(d) A gun.
3. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother is a drug addict.
(b) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
(c) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(d) Her mother committed suicide.
4. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
(a) A bottle of pills he will sneak into people's drinks.
(b) A syringe filled with chloroform.
(c) A combination pistol and tranquilizer gun.
(d) A pair of brass knuckles.
5. What was Subaru Tsukiyama's profession?
(a) He was a physician.
(b) He was the suicide pilot of a kaiten, or manned torpedo.
(c) He was a lawyer.
(d) He was a banker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Daimon play in Eiji's finding of his lost article at the video arcade?
2. What does the postcard Eiji receives ask him to do?
3. Who does Eiji fear will hunt him down once he awakens in the strange house?
4. Who is Buntaro?
5. Why does Eiji's grandfather say he despises Eiji's father?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)