|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does the book open?
(a) New York.
2. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To worship the thunder god.
(b) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(c) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
(d) To rebel against his mother and father.
3. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
(b) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(c) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
(d) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
4. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
(b) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(c) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
(d) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
5. What fact is Eiji surprised to learn about the identity of Mrs. Sasaki, his boss at Ueno Station?
(a) She is Buntaro's mother.
(b) She is one of his stepsisters.
(c) She is his stepmother.
(d) She knows his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
2. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
3. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
4. Which of the following is not a reason Eiji's stepmother gives for why Eiji's father does not want to meet him?
5. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)