|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Read seventh-grade texts.
(c) Climb gym ropes faster than the boys in her class.
(d) Multiply fractions.
2. What happens when Eiji asks for the file folder about his father?
(a) The yakuza break his arm.
(b) The yakuza burn it.
(c) It is given to him.
(d) He's told to leave before he's beaten senseless.
3. In what city does the book open?
(c) New York.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
(b) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
(c) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
(d) He is bald.
5. Who gets Eiji his job by arranging an interview for him with Mrs. Sasaki?
(d) Mr. Aoyama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
2. What birthday does Eiji celebrate at the beginning of Chapter Three?
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the unfamiliar house in which Eiji awakens at the beginning of Chapter Five?
4. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
5. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)