|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Reclaimed Land".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
(a) That his mother tried to kill him when he was a baby.
(b) That his father is a famous movie star.
(c) That his mother works in Tokyo with Akiko Kato.
(d) That his mother is dying of cancer.
2. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
(b) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
(c) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
(d) It refers to Daimon's father.
3. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
(a) He's told Akiko Kato no longer works there.
(b) He's told Akiko Kato is in a meeting.
(c) Akiko hangs up on him.
(d) He's put on hold for a long time and hangs up in frustration.
4. What game do Daimon and Eiji play together?
(a) Mystic Magic.
5. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
(a) He is not romantically invovled with Miriam.
(b) He is not a spy for Jun Nagasaki.
(c) He is not selling drugs.
(d) He doesn't know Daimon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
2. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
3. In what city does the book open?
4. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
5. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)