|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, "Reclaimed Land".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
(a) A combination pistol and tranquilizer gun.
(b) A syringe filled with chloroform.
(c) A bottle of pills he will sneak into people's drinks.
(d) A pair of brass knuckles.
2. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(b) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(c) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(d) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
3. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
(a) A video store.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A lawn care service.
(d) A restaurant.
4. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
(a) Rob a bank for the yakuza.
(b) Shoot Daimon.
(c) Sell drugs for the yakuza.
(d) Sign a blood oath promising one day's loyalty to Morino.
5. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(c) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(d) Decks it with roses and carnations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
2. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
3. Why is it so important for Eiji to find the article he lost in the video arcade?
4. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
5. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)