|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Video Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Suga's appearance in Chapter Two?
(a) He has eczema.
(b) He has a fat bellow but no butt.
(c) He has a ponytail.
(d) He has long, dangly arms.
2. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(c) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(d) Decks it with roses and carnations.
3. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
(a) If you swim to it, it will take you anywhere you want to go.
(b) A mermaid lives under it.
(c) The stone is magical.
(d) It was a real whale the thunder god turned into stone.
4. What person does Eiji decide to meet virtually in the video game Virtua Sapiens?
(a) His stepmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
(a) He finds a better source of information about his father.
(b) He is afraid to do so.
(c) He is waiting for the right moment.
(d) He finds his father without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
2. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
3. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
4. Who is Akiko Kato?
5. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)