|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Video Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
(b) To worship the thunder god.
(c) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(d) To rebel against his mother and father.
2. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
(c) A slightly older Tokyo native waiting for his date.
(d) Mr. Aoyama.
3. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
(a) Go on the news to reveal his father's abandonment of him.
(b) Blackmail his father.
(c) Break up his father's legitimate family.
(d) Get his parents back together.
4. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
(a) He's put on hold for a long time and hangs up in frustration.
(b) Akiko hangs up on him.
(c) He's told Akiko Kato no longer works there.
(d) He's told Akiko Kato is in a meeting.
5. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
(a) It is accidentally shredded.
(b) It's stolen from him before he can read it.
(c) The ink it's printed with disappears when exposed to air.
(d) It proves false and doesn't lead to his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
2. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
3. What is the Queen of Spades?
4. Who is Buntaro?
5. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)