|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does the book open?
(a) New York.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
(b) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
(c) He is bald.
(d) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
3. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(b) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(c) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
(d) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
4. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
(a) Eiji's father.
(b) Eiji's grandfather.
(c) Eiji's soccer coach.
(d) Substationmaster of the Ueno Station lost-property office.
5. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(d) Sports Illustrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
2. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
3. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
4. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)