|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
(a) A combination pistol and tranquilizer gun.
(b) A pair of brass knuckles.
(c) A syringe filled with chloroform.
(d) A bottle of pills he will sneak into people's drinks.
2. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
(a) His boss, his landlord, and his father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) The receptionist, Akiko Kato's bioborg, and Akiko Kato.
3. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
(a) The Jupiter Cafe.
(b) A riverside bar called The Paradise Grill.
(c) A parking lot in downtown Tokyo.
(d) The PanOpticon Building.
4. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
(a) Akiko hangs up on him.
(b) He's told Akiko Kato no longer works there.
(c) He's told Akiko Kato is in a meeting.
(d) He's put on hold for a long time and hangs up in frustration.
5. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
(b) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(c) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(d) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
2. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
3. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
4. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
5. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)