|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
(b) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(c) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(d) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
2. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He suffers from insomnia.
(b) He is too busy studying.
(c) He suffers from migraines.
(d) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
3. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
(a) A golf cap.
(b) A baseball cap.
(c) A straw hat.
(d) A plumed hat.
4. Who is Wheatie?
(a) Anju and Eiji's grandmother.
(b) Eiji's girlfriend.
(c) Eiji's landlord.
(d) Anju and Eiji's mother.
5. Which of the following does not describe Suga's appearance in Chapter Two?
(a) He has eczema.
(b) He has a ponytail.
(c) He has long, dangly arms.
(d) He has a fat bellow but no butt.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose cell phone conversation does Eiji eavesdrop?
2. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
3. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
4. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
5. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)