|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The PanOpticon Building.
(b) The Tokyo Hilton.
(c) The International Trading Building.
(d) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
2. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
(a) She calls him and invites him to dinner.
(b) She asks him to schedule a time to see her.
(c) She sends him his father's address.
(d) She refuses to help him find his father.
3. Who is Buntaro?
(a) Eiji's best friend.
(b) Eiji's landlord.
(c) Eiji's older brother.
(d) Eiji's father.
4. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) He is too busy studying.
(b) He suffers from insomnia.
(c) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
(d) He suffers from migraines.
5. What happens when Eiji finally goes to Akiko Kato's office to confront her?
(a) Security turns him away before he gets to the elevator.
(b) Akiko Kato has him arrested.
(c) Akiko Kato refuses to see him.
(d) Akiko Kato no longer works in the building.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
2. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
3. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
4. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
5. What is Anju's relationship to Eiji?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)