|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's missing front teeth.
(b) The woman's short skirt.
(c) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
(d) The woman's perfect neck.
2. In what city does the book open?
(c) New York.
3. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
(a) A picture of his father.
(b) A key to a safe deposit box containing stolen jewels.
(c) Her file on his father.
(d) Akiko Kato's purse.
4. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
(a) If you swim to it, it will take you anywhere you want to go.
(b) The stone is magical.
(c) It was a real whale the thunder god turned into stone.
(d) A mermaid lives under it.
5. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The International Trading Building.
(b) The Tokyo Hilton.
(c) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
(d) The PanOpticon Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
2. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
3. Who is Buntaro?
4. How many waitresses does Eiji encounter in Chapter One?
5. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)