|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
(a) If you swim to it, it will take you anywhere you want to go.
(b) The stone is magical.
(c) A mermaid lives under it.
(d) It was a real whale the thunder god turned into stone.
2. Who is Buntaro?
(a) Eiji's landlord.
(b) Eiji's older brother.
(c) Eiji's father.
(d) Eiji's best friend.
3. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
(a) A pair of brass knuckles.
(b) A combination pistol and tranquilizer gun.
(c) A syringe filled with chloroform.
(d) A bottle of pills he will sneak into people's drinks.
4. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
(b) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(c) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(d) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
5. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The flute.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The piano.
(d) The violin.
Short Answer Questions
1. On whose cell phone conversation does Eiji eavesdrop?
2. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
4. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
5. Who is Akiko Kato?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)