|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
(b) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(c) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(d) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
2. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(b) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
(c) To rebel against his mother and father.
(d) To worship the thunder god.
3. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
(a) Her mother abandoned her and Eiji to pursue men.
(b) Her mother died in a car wreck.
(c) Her mother is a drug addict.
(d) Her mother committed suicide.
4. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
(a) The PanOpticon Building.
(b) A parking lot in downtown Tokyo.
(c) The Jupiter Cafe.
(d) A riverside bar called The Paradise Grill.
5. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
(a) She has a severe asthma attack.
(b) She is kidnapped.
(c) She meets their long lost mother.
(d) She drowns while trying to swim out to the whalestone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument can Eiji play?
2. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
3. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
4. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
5. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)