|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
(b) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(c) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
(d) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
(b) He is bald.
(c) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
(d) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
3. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Burns it.
(b) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(c) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(d) Decks it with roses and carnations.
4. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
(a) To find out who is planning to murder a politician.
(b) To find the identity of his father.
(c) To find out who murdered his sister.
(d) To find a hidden treasure.
5. In what city does the book open?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
2. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
3. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
4. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
5. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)