|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of insects live in Eiji's apartment?
2. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
(a) Gambling at the race track.
(b) Drinking at a bar.
(c) Daydreaming and watching the cafe customers and staff.
(d) Watching television.
3. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
(a) That his father is a famous movie star.
(b) That his mother is dying of cancer.
(c) That his mother tried to kill him when he was a baby.
(d) That his mother works in Tokyo with Akiko Kato.
4. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their father and stepmother.
(d) Their uncle.
5. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
(a) A pair of brass knuckles.
(b) A bottle of pills he will sneak into people's drinks.
(c) A syringe filled with chloroform.
(d) A combination pistol and tranquilizer gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
2. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
3. In what city does the book open?
4. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
5. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)