|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many waitresses does Eiji encounter in Chapter One?
2. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
(a) A night club.
(b) A clothing shop.
(c) A new American pizza parlor in Tokyo.
(d) Akiko Kato's law firm.
3. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
(a) His mother.
(b) His boss, his landlord, and his father.
(c) The receptionist, Akiko Kato's bioborg, and Akiko Kato.
(d) His father.
4. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
(b) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(c) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(d) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
5. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
(a) Decapitates it with a rusty hacksaw.
(b) Decks it with roses and carnations.
(c) Prays to it and leaves offerings of food for it.
(d) Burns it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
2. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
3. What does Eiji wear on his head in Chapter One?
4. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
5. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato in Chapter One, with what does he escape her building?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)