|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
(a) He is waiting for the right moment.
(b) He finds a better source of information about his father.
(c) He is afraid to do so.
(d) He finds his father without her.
2. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(b) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(c) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
(d) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
3. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
(a) Eiji's soccer coach.
(b) Eiji's grandfather.
(c) Eiji's father.
(d) Substationmaster of the Ueno Station lost-property office.
4. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
(b) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(c) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
(d) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
5. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
(a) She calls him and invites him to dinner.
(b) She refuses to help him find his father.
(c) She sends him his father's address.
(d) She asks him to schedule a time to see her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eiji do to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven-years-old?
2. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
3. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
4. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
5. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)