|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To worship the thunder god.
(b) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
(c) To rebel against his mother and father.
(d) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
2. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
(a) She drowns while trying to swim out to the whalestone.
(b) She meets their long lost mother.
(c) She is kidnapped.
(d) She has a severe asthma attack.
3. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
(b) Mr. Aoyama.
(c) Mrs. Sasaki.
(d) Akiko Kato.
4. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
(a) A clothing shop.
(b) Akiko Kato's law firm.
(c) A night club.
(d) A new American pizza parlor in Tokyo.
5. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
(a) That his mother is dying of cancer.
(b) That his father is a famous movie star.
(c) That his mother tried to kill him when he was a baby.
(d) That his mother works in Tokyo with Akiko Kato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Wheatie?
2. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
3. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
4. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
5. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)