|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(b) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(c) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
(d) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
2. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Daydreaming and watching the cafe customers and staff.
(c) Gambling at the race track.
(d) Drinking at a bar.
3. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
(a) Climb gym ropes faster than the boys in her class.
(b) Multiply fractions.
(c) Play the piano.
(d) Read seventh-grade texts.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
(a) He is paranoid and thinks Eiji is a consultant spying on him.
(b) He is bald.
(c) He has a perfect Adolf Hitler mustache.
(d) He wears a gold stud earring in his ear.
5. Why doesn't Eiji confront Akiko Kato in Chapter One as he daydreams of doing?
(a) He is afraid to do so.
(b) He finds a better source of information about his father.
(c) He is waiting for the right moment.
(d) He finds his father without her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
2. From what locale does Eiji sit and daydream about meeting Akiko Kato?
3. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
4. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
5. Who is Wheatie?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)