|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
(a) Read seventh-grade texts.
(b) Climb gym ropes faster than the boys in her class.
(c) Multiply fractions.
(d) Play the piano.
2. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She has a severe asthma attack.
(c) She drowns while trying to swim out to the whalestone.
(d) She meets their long lost mother.
3. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
(b) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(c) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
(d) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
4. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
(a) Substationmaster of the Ueno Station lost-property office.
(b) Eiji's grandfather.
(c) Eiji's soccer coach.
(d) Eiji's father.
5. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
(b) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
(c) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(d) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
2. Who is Wheatie?
3. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
4. Who gets Eiji his job by arranging an interview for him with Mrs. Sasaki?
5. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)