|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, "Lost Property".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
(a) Two coworkers he hates.
(b) His two cousins.
(c) The two older, less attractive waitresses at the cafe.
(d) His two supervisors.
2. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(b) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(c) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(d) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
3. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
(b) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(c) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
(d) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
4. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
5. In what city does the book open?
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
2. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
3. What is Osugi and Bosugi?
4. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
5. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)