|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Cards".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Comb?
(a) The owner of the unfamiliar house in which Eiji finds himself.
(b) Eiji's stepmother.
(c) A hen & Goatwriter's maid in the book Eiji finds and reads.
(d) Eiji's stepsister.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the unfamiliar house in which Eiji awakens at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) It has no tv.
(b) A big black dog lives in it.
(c) It has no telephone.
(d) It is well-furnished and old fashioned.
3. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(b) Two men in a black Cadillac.
(c) Ai Imajo.
4. What does Eiji witness while with the yakuza?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) A drug sale.
(c) Multiple tortures and murders.
(d) A carjacking.
5. How does Ai Imajo suggest that Eiji search for his father in Tokyo?
(a) By putting an ad in the newspaper's personal columns.
(b) By hiring a private detective.
(c) By seeing his mother and making her lead him to his father.
(d) By going on television.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
2. What does Eiji's grandfather loan Eiji?
3. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
4. What is the surname of Eiji's father?
5. What does Admiral Raizo say Eiji and his grandfather both want?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)