|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Cards".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sets Eiji free from the yakuza and saves his life in Chapter Seven?
(a) Mr. Tsuru.
(d) Mama-san, the new head of the organization.
2. Which of the following does not describe what Eiji finds when he finally meets his father?
(a) Eiji's father hugs him and arranges to meet him regularly.
(b) His father orders a pizza which Eiji delivers.
(c) His father argues via telephone with his stepmother.
(d) Eiji leaves without revealing who he is.
3. In Chapter Six, who does Eiji phone with increasing frequency?
(b) Ai Imajo.
4. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(b) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(c) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(d) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
5. What does the postcard Eiji receives ask him to do?
(a) Burn his mother's last letter.
(b) Stop trying to find his father.
(c) Come for a visit.
(d) Forgive his mother for all her mistakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
2. What did the yakuza do to Mrs. Yamaya?
3. Who is Akiko Kato?
4. With whom does Daimon seem to have tension at the Queen of Spades?
5. What mark identifies someone as a yakuza man or mobster?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)