|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, "Cards".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(b) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
(c) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
(d) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
2. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
(a) Ryutaro Morino.
(c) Konosuke Tsuru.
(d) Jun Nagasaki.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the unfamiliar house in which Eiji awakens at the beginning of Chapter Five?
(a) It is well-furnished and old fashioned.
(b) It has no telephone.
(c) A big black dog lives in it.
(d) It has no tv.
4. When his mother phones him, what does Eiji say to her?
(a) That he never wants to hear from her again.
(b) That he wants to come see her.
(c) That she is responsible for Anju's death.
(d) That she is crazy and needs therapy.
5. Which of the following statements does not describe something Daimon reveals during his visit with Eiji in Chapter Five?
(a) Daimon is now married to Miriam.
(b) Daimon promises to try to help Eiji find his father.
(c) Daimon and Miriam are going to disappear for a while.
(d) Daimon says the yakuza are no longer searching for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
2. Who is Pithecanthropus?
3. Why does Daimon come to visit Eiji in Chapter Five?
4. What does Eiji's grandfather loan Eiji?
5. What is the source of Daimon's money?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)