|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Video Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(b) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
(c) To rebel against his mother and father.
(d) To worship the thunder god.
2. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) The receptionist, Akiko Kato's bioborg, and Akiko Kato.
(d) His boss, his landlord, and his father.
3. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Read seventh-grade texts.
(c) Climb gym ropes faster than the boys in her class.
(d) Multiply fractions.
4. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
(a) Eiji's grandfather.
(b) Eiji's father.
(c) Substationmaster of the Ueno Station lost-property office.
(d) Eiji's soccer coach.
5. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
(a) Deliver lunches to customers.
(b) Buy coffee filters.
(c) Empty the trash.
(d) Deposit money in the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Eiji's fantasy, what is hidden in his toolbox for him to use in knocking out people?
2. How many waitresses does Eiji encounter in Chapter One?
3. What happens when Eiji telephones Akiko Kato's office?
4. To what does Eiji's stepmother compare him?
5. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)