|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, "Video Games".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city does the book open?
(a) New York.
2. Where does Eiji go for breakfast in Chapter Three after his night with Daimon?
(a) His apartment.
(b) The Queen of Spades.
(c) The Jupiter Cafe.
(d) Bunaro's video game store.
3. Which of the following is not an element of Eiji's daydream in Chapter One once it begins to rain?
(a) Eiji takes a boat to China.
(b) Eiji drowns, is cremated and Yoko Ono attends his funeral.
(c) Eiji must save the pretty waitress from a crocodile.
(d) It rains so hard the entire city of Tokyo is flooded.
4. Why can't Eiji sleep at night in Chapter Two?
(a) His neighbors keep him awake with their noise.
(b) He suffers from insomnia.
(c) He is too busy studying.
(d) He suffers from migraines.
5. What is the name of the building in which Akiko Kato works?
(a) The Tokyo Hilton.
(b) The PanOpticon Building.
(c) The Japanese Stock Exchange.
(d) The International Trading Building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter Eiji receives from his mother in Chapter Two reveal?
2. Who does Eiji call Dowager and Donkey in Chapter One?
3. Before leaving the video arcade in Chapter Three, with whom does Eiji get into a brief discussion?
4. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
5. Who promises to pay for a hotel room for the night and then leaves Eiji with the bill?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)