|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Study of Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Anju can do at age eleven?
(a) Multiply fractions.
(b) Play the piano.
(c) Read seventh-grade texts.
(d) Climb gym ropes faster than the boys in her class.
2. What is the Queen of Spades?
(a) A boat Eiji wants to buy.
(b) An exclusive club to where Eiji and Daimon take their dates.
(c) A gambling casino.
(d) A movie Eiji goes to see with Daimon.
3. Who does Eiji fear will hunt him down once he awakens in the strange house?
(a) The police and/or the yakuza.
(c) His mother.
(d) His stepmother.
4. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She has a severe asthma attack.
(c) She meets their long lost mother.
(d) She drowns while trying to swim out to the whalestone.
5. Which of the following statements is not a part of the daydream Eiji has in Chapter One while he's in the restroom?
(a) Akiko Kato meets a government minister at the theater.
(b) The minister at the theater is Eiji's father.
(c) Eiji follows Akiko Kato to a theater.
(d) Eiji fights a samurai warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
2. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
3. Where does Eiji begin receiving messages that "Father" is watching him and will see him soon?
4. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
5. What interrupts Eiji's playing of the video game Virtua Sapiens?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)