|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Study of Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Eiji call to share the good news about the response to his newspaper ad?
(a) Ai Imajo.
2. What draws Eiji's attention to one of the waitresses?
(a) The woman's perfect neck.
(b) The woman's missing front teeth.
(c) The woman's short skirt.
(d) The woman's dyed blonde hair.
3. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
(a) He doesn't know Daimon.
(b) He is not selling drugs.
(c) He is not a spy for Jun Nagasaki.
(d) He is not romantically invovled with Miriam.
4. In Chapter Five, who faxes Eiji a message that he is coming to visit at six o'clock?
(b) Eiji's father.
5. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
(a) The stone is magical.
(b) A mermaid lives under it.
(c) If you swim to it, it will take you anywhere you want to go.
(d) It was a real whale the thunder god turned into stone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What errand does the attractive waitress leave to do?
2. What fact is Eiji surprised to learn about the identity of Mrs. Sasaki, his boss at Ueno Station?
3. Who is Mrs. Yamaya?
4. With whom does Eiji have his first sexual experience?
5. Who is Pithecanthropus?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)