|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Study of Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
(b) Ai Imajo.
2. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
(b) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(c) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
(d) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
3. Who is Goatwriter?
(a) A goat and lead character in the book Eiji finds and reads.
(b) Buntaro's brother.
(c) One of the yakuza men.
(d) A computer hacker at Ueno Station.
4. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
(a) The receptionist, Akiko Kato's bioborg, and Akiko Kato.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) His boss, his landlord, and his father.
5. What does Eiji come to realize about the word "Father" in the strange messages he receives that Father is watching him?
(a) It means a yakuza leader rather than his birth father.
(b) It refers to Daimon's father.
(c) It refers to a female yakuza leader.
(d) It refers to a priest with ties to the yakuza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of confronting Akiko, how does Eiji spend most of his afternoon in Chapter One?
2. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
3. Which of the following does not describe what happens to Daimon after the yakuza release him?
4. What birthday does Eiji celebrate at the beginning of Chapter Three?
5. In what city does the book open?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)