|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Study of Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe Daimon?
(a) He is a final-year law student.
(b) He is from Germany.
(c) He is a native of Tokyo.
(d) He is a gifted pool player.
2. Who promises to pay for a hotel room for the night and then leaves Eiji with the bill?
3. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
(a) A gun.
(b) A dead body.
(c) A book manuscript written by Mrs. Sasaki's sister.
(d) Mrs. Sasaki's old love letters.
4. Who does Eiji find waiting for him when he comes out of the noodle shop in Chapter Four?
(c) Ai Imajo.
(d) Two men in a black Cadillac.
5. Who responds to Eiji's personal ad in the newspaper?
(a) A man who thinks Eiji may be his grandson.
(b) A woman who says she knows Eiji's father.
(c) A man who thinks Eiji may be his son.
(d) A woman who thinks Eiji may be her stepbrother.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Two, what does Eiji think has happened to Cat?
2. What birthday does Eiji celebrate at the beginning of Chapter Three?
3. In Eiji's fantasy about Akiko Kato, what happens to the information he finds in her office?
4. Who warns Eiji to stay away from the Queen of Spades because it isn't an ordinary club?
5. What is Eiji Miyake's quest?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)