|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, "Study of Tales".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
(b) His priest.
(c) His actual father.
(d) A mob godfather.
2. At the beginning of Chapter One, how does Eiji hope he will meet Akiko Kato?
(a) He hopes a friend will introduce them.
(b) He hopes she will come to the Jupiter Cafe for lunch.
(c) He hopes he will meet Akiko on the bus ride home.
(d) He hopes he will meet Akiko at a dance.
3. Who does Eiji fantasize knocking out with the item in his toolbox?
(a) His father.
(b) The receptionist, Akiko Kato's bioborg, and Akiko Kato.
(c) His boss, his landlord, and his father.
(d) His mother.
4. What does Eiji find in the secret room of the unfamiliar house?
(a) Mrs. Sasaki's old love letters.
(b) A gun.
(c) A book manuscript written by Mrs. Sasaki's sister.
(d) A dead body.
5. What does the letter Eiji receives from his stepmother accuse Eiji of planning to do?
(a) Break up his father's legitimate family.
(b) Go on the news to reveal his father's abandonment of him.
(c) Blackmail his father.
(d) Get his parents back together.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buntaro visits Eiji in Chatper Five, who does he say has been looking for Eiji?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe Mr. Aoyama?
3. Which of Eiji's coworkers commits suicide when told he is being demoted?
4. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
5. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)