|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Six, what does Ai Imajo confide to Eiji?
(a) That she is on the run from an abusive husband.
(b) That she knows who Eiji's father is.
(c) That she loves Eiji.
(d) That she's diabetic and shoots herself with insulin.
2. Why does Eiji's grandfather say he despises Eiji's father?
(a) Eiji's father is an alcoholic.
(b) Eiji's father has embezzled money from his law firm.
(c) Eiji's father sold a 500-year-old family heirloom sword.
(d) Eiji's father is disrespectful to his father.
3. What instrument can Eiji play?
(a) The violin.
(b) The piano.
(c) The flute.
(d) The guitar.
4. What is the surname of Eiji's father?
5. What happens to Anju when Eiji has to leave her to go on an overnight trip with his soccer team?
(a) She is kidnapped.
(b) She has a severe asthma attack.
(c) She drowns while trying to swim out to the whalestone.
(d) She meets their long lost mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Six, where does Eiji go to meet his grandfather?
3. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
4. Who meets Eiji when he is expecting to meet his grandfather instead?
5. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)