|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
(d) Ai Imajo.
2. What magazine does Suga read in Chapter Two?
(c) Sports Illustrated.
3. Why have Daimon and Eiji been kidnapped?
(a) Because Eiji's father is a yakuza leader.
(b) Because of their involvement with Miriam, Morino's girlfriend.
(c) Because the yakuza thinks they stole yakuza money.
(d) Because they didn't pay their bill at the Queen of Spades.
4. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
(a) If you swim to it, it will take you anywhere you want to go.
(b) The stone is magical.
(c) A mermaid lives under it.
(d) It was a real whale the thunder god turned into stone.
5. Where does Eiji find the file folder about his father?
(a) In the black Cadillac.
(b) At the Jupiter Cafe.
(c) At the Queen of Spades.
(d) In the garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
2. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
3. Who is expecting a baby in Chapter Six?
4. Why does Eiji's grandfather say he despises Eiji's father?
5. In Chapter Six, what tale does Suga give as the reason for his emotional distress when he shows up drunk one night while Eiji is working?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)