|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Six, what tale does Suga give as the reason for his emotional distress when he shows up drunk one night while Eiji is working?
(a) A job loss.
(b) A financial loss.
(c) A car accident in which a young boy was killed.
(d) A breakup with his girlfriend.
2. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(b) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(c) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(d) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
3. As he reflects on Anju's death and what gives his life meaning, what does Eiji begin to think about his search for his father?
(a) It is what gives his life meaning.
(b) It might not be as important as he has previously believed.
(c) He should increase his devotion to his quest.
(d) He should give up his quest.
4. Which of the following people is not involved in the yakuza war?
(a) Daimon's father, a corrupt police chief.
(b) Jun Nagasaki, the current top dog.
(c) Konosuke Tsuru, the elderly and sick old leader.
5. To whom does Eiji think the messages about "Father" refer?
(a) His actual father.
(b) His priest.
(c) A mob godfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives Ai Imajo's life meaning?
2. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
3. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
4. To where do the contents of the file folder lead Eiji?
5. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)