|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Eiji begin receiving messages that "Father" is watching him and will see him soon?
(a) At home in his mailbox.
(b) On his answering machine.
(c) On his computer via email.
(d) On the ATM screen when he uses his ATM card.
2. When Eiji searches for the file folder about his father, who does he see playing the piano for the opening of another part of the entertainment complex where the yakuza are?
(c) Ai Imajo.
3. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To worship the thunder god.
(b) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(c) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
(d) To rebel against his mother and father.
4. What kind of business does Buntaro own?
(a) A lawn care service.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A video store.
(d) A bakery.
5. Which of the following does not describe Suga's appearance in Chapter Two?
(a) He has a ponytail.
(b) He has eczema.
(c) He has long, dangly arms.
(d) He has a fat bellow but no butt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the yakuza men lock up with Eiji in Chapter Four?
2. What does Eiji's grandfather loan Eiji?
3. What does Anju learn about her mother when she accidentally overhears some local women talking in Mrs. Tanaka's store?
4. Who claims to have a file folder about Eiji's father?
5. What gives Ai Imajo's life meaning?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)