|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
(a) She refuses to help him find his father.
(b) She sends him his father's address.
(c) She calls him and invites him to dinner.
(d) She asks him to schedule a time to see her.
2. Why doesn't Eiji's grandfather meet him?
(a) His grandfather has died.
(b) His grandfather has disowned him.
(c) His grandfather wants his attorney to send Eiji away.
(d) His grandfather is in the hospital.
3. Why does Eiji do what he does to the thunder god's statue when he is eleven?
(a) To worship the thunder god.
(b) To fulfill his initiation into a gang.
(c) To pay the god back for Anju's death.
(d) To rebel against his mother and father.
4. Who is Wheatie?
(a) Anju and Eiji's mother.
(b) Eiji's girlfriend.
(c) Anju and Eiji's grandmother.
(d) Eiji's landlord.
5. Who claims to have a file folder about Eiji's father?
(a) Jun Nagasaki.
(c) Eiji's kidnapper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not something Eiji has to convince his kidnapper of in order to be released?
2. What is the real reason for Suga's drinking binge?
3. What does Eiji find inside the file folder?
4. Who is expecting a baby in Chapter Six?
5. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)