|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their uncle.
(b) Their father and stepmother.
(c) Their grandmother.
(d) Their mother.
2. What does Eiji's grandfather loan Eiji?
(a) His most prized possession, his dead brother's journal.
(b) A car.
(c) A family photo album.
3. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
(a) A mermaid lives under it.
(b) The stone is magical.
(c) It was a real whale the thunder god turned into stone.
(d) If you swim to it, it will take you anywhere you want to go.
4. Why does Eiji's grandfather say he despises Eiji's father?
(a) Eiji's father sold a 500-year-old family heirloom sword.
(b) Eiji's father has embezzled money from his law firm.
(c) Eiji's father is an alcoholic.
(d) Eiji's father is disrespectful to his father.
5. What kind of yakuza war is going on in Chapter Four?
(a) A war between two warring mobs.
(b) A price war for drugs the yakuza sell.
(c) A war between Tokyo and Osaka yakuza.
(d) A war of succession .
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is expecting a baby in Chapter Six?
2. What does Eiji have to do in exchange for information on his father?
3. What gives Ai Imajo's life meaning?
4. In Chapter Six, what tale does Suga give as the reason for his emotional distress when he shows up drunk one night while Eiji is working?
5. In Chapter Six, what does Ai Imajo confide to Eiji?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)