|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, "Kaiten".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What obstacle does Ai Imajo face in attaining her goal?
(a) Her father doesn't want her to go to the Paris school.
(b) She has a learning disability.
(c) She doesn't have good grades.
(d) She can't afford it.
2. How does Akiko Kato respond in Chapter Two to the letter Eiji sends her?
(a) She refuses to help him find his father.
(b) She sends him his father's address.
(c) She asks him to schedule a time to see her.
(d) She calls him and invites him to dinner.
3. What does Eiji think about Anju's ability to swim to the whalestone?
(a) He thinks the water is too deep for her.
(b) He doesn't think she can swim that far.
(c) He thinks she can swim to the whalestone, but not very fast.
(d) He thinks she can easily swim that far.
4. Who does Eiji's grandfather pretend to be when he meets Eiji?
(a) Admiral Raizo, an old family friend.
(b) His grandfather's physician.
(c) His grandfather's financial adviser.
(d) His grandfather's attorney.
5. With whom do eleven-year-old Anju and Eiji live?
(a) Their uncle.
(b) Their grandmother.
(c) Their father and stepmother.
(d) Their mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is not part of the fantasy Eiji tells Anju about the whalestone, a giant rock that emerges from the sea?
2. What is the real reason for Suga's drinking binge?
3. What is the surname of Eiji's father?
4. Who has kidnapped Daimon and Eiji?
5. Who is Mr. Aoyama?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)