Chapter 1, "PanOpticon"
• Eiji Miyake, a small-town boy with an active imagination, has come to the big city of Tokyo on a quest to discover the identity of his father.
• His only lead is Akiko Kato, whom he believes is his father's attorney.
• Sitting in the Jupiter Cafe, Eiji daydreams about confronting Ms. Kato, who works in the PanOpticon building across the street, demanding information about his father.
• However, Eiji is afraid and reluctant to act, and hopes that Ms. Kato will just happen to come into the cafe, where he can persuade her to help him.
• Instead of following his plan and simply trying to meet Ms. Kato, Eiji constructs an elaborate fantasy in which he infiltrates PanOpticon and Ms. Kato's law firm, Osugi and Bosugi, by masquerading as an aquarium cleaner.
• In this fantasy, Eiji locates and escapes with Ms. Kato's file on his father...
This section contains 4,982 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)