|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the students at Phillip's new school do every day?
2. Who does Miss Seymour call when she reads the article?
3. What will the schools not be able to purchase now that the budget has been overturned?
4. What does Phillip do when the press and attention get to be too much for him?
5. How does Dr. Palleni feel when Phillip is sent to see him a second time in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Philip realize when he reads the article?
2. What do Philip and Miss Narwin do when the attention and press get to be too much for them?
3. What does Philip do when Todd and Allison ask him about going out for the track team?
4. What does Mrs. Malloy do when the attention gets to be too much for Philip?
5. What does Philip ask of Dr. Palleni in Chapter 11, and what is his response?
6. What does Miss Narwin say when she is interviewed by the St. Louis newspaper?
7. What does Allison confront Philip about after the story comes out?
8. What does Philip write about in his diary after his interview with Jennifer Stewart?
9. What does Mr. Malloy say to Philip about not being able to sing the National Anthem?
10. Why is Miss Narwin's side of the story never printed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dishonesty was a vice that a number of characters were burdened with. Which characters were most affected by this, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Miss Narwin endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)