|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Phillip used to describe the school rules when he goes to see Dr. Palleni a second time?
2. What does Miss Narwin do when the press and attention get to be too much for her?
3. Who does Dr. Doane tell Dr. Seymour he should support in this fiasco?
4. Who does Dr. Palleni say wrote the memo about being silent during the Anthem?
5. How much was the school budget defeated by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Philip's parents feel about all the coverage regarding Philip?
2. What happens when Philip is asked to lead the National Anthem at his new school?
3. What does Allison confront Philip about after the story comes out?
4. What does Mr. Malloy say to Philip about not being able to sing the National Anthem?
5. What does Mrs. Malloy do when the attention gets to be too much for Philip?
6. What does Miss Narwin say when she is interviewed by the St. Louis newspaper?
7. What does Philip plan to do after his suspension?
8. What does Dr. Doane say when she hears that Dr. Seymour denied there being a rule against singing the National Anthem?
9. What does Philip write about in his diary after his interview with Jennifer Stewart?
10. What does Philip realize when he reads the article?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)