|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Doane say about Phillip when she is interviewed over the phone?
2. Who will be taking all further calls about the article?
3. What picks up Jennifer's story about Phillip?
4. What does Dr. Palleni attribute Phillip's acting out to?
5. What rule does the person punishing Phillip in Chapter 11 say he has broken?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Allison confront Philip about after the story comes out?
2. What does Philip plan to do after his suspension?
3. What does Philip write about in his diary after his interview with Jennifer Stewart?
4. What happens when Philip is asked to lead the National Anthem at his new school?
5. What do Philip and Miss Narwin do when the attention and press get to be too much for them?
6. How do Philip's parents feel about all the coverage regarding Philip?
7. What does Mr. Malloy say to Philip about not being able to sing the National Anthem?
8. What does Dr. Pelleni write in his memo to Dr. Seymour?
9. What does Philip do when Todd and Allison ask him about going out for the track team?
10. What does Miss Narwin plan to do at the end of the school year, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the consequences of Phillip's actions, and how did he feel about them?
Essay Topic 2
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 3
The media was something that was present and heavily discussed in this book. How did this discussion come about, and how did it affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)