|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Phillip do during the National Anthem that Miss Narwin does not like?
2. What will the schools not be able to purchase now that the budget has been overturned?
3. How does Phillip feel about the situation after his interview?
4. What have Phillip's parents saved up some money for?
5. What does Miss Narwin plan to do after this school year is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miss Narwin's side of the story never printed?
2. What does Philip realize when he reads the article?
3. What does Miss Narwin say when she is interviewed by the St. Louis newspaper?
4. How does Dr. Palleni feel when Philip comes to see him a second time?
5. What does Mr. Palleni think when he first hears why Philip has been sent to his office?
6. What does Philip do when Todd and Allison ask him about going out for the track team?
7. What does Dr. Doane say when she hears that Dr. Seymour denied there being a rule against singing the National Anthem?
8. What does Philip plan to do after his suspension?
9. What does Dr. Pelleni write in his memo to Dr. Seymour?
10. How do Philip's parents feel about all the coverage regarding Philip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choosing sides was a theme that was presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how did it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Goals and the sacrifice needed to achieve goals was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)