|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Miss Narwin use to describe Phillip's thinking?
2. What does Phillip's mom want his dad to talk to him about in Chapter 9?
3. Who is Phillip's new homeroom teacher?
4. How does Phillip's homeroom teacher respond to his jokes?
5. What grade does Phillip get on his English exam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sarah Gloss say to Philip?
2. What is Philip worried about outside of school?
3. What does Miss Narwin write about in her letter to her sister in Chapter 9?
4. What are Philip's Winter term grades?
5. What does Coach Jamison suggest Phillip do in order to do what he wanted to during the Spring, and how does Philip respond?
6. What is to be done at the school at 8:05 AM?
7. What comprises the Prologue of this book?
8. What does Dr. Seymour ask the teachers to do to help pass the budget?
9. How do we learn about what happens at the beginning of Spring Term?
10. What grade does Philip get on his English exam, and what warning does he receive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Power and Greed were two common themes in this book. Where did they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)