|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time are morning announcements scheduled to start at the school?
2. Who does Phillip tell a strange story about his assigned reading book?
3. What might happen if the budget proposal is not accepted?
4. What is the first name of the person writing the document in Chapter 6?
5. What type of document makes up the prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Philip say he does not want to study for his English class?
2. Why does Philip act out so much in his English class?
3. Why does Miss Narwin say she wants to attend a special program during the summer?
4. What will happen if the budget proposal is not accepted?
5. What is Philip worried about outside of school?
6. How does Mr. Lunser respond to Philip's sarcasm?
7. Who will the grant funding for the year be going to?
8. What did Sarah Gloss say to Philip?
9. How does Mr. Lunser act during his homeroom period?
10. What does Dr. Seymour ask the teachers to do to help pass the budget?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might the author have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Goals and the sacrifice needed to achieve goals was a major theme in this book. What are some of the main examples of this theme, and how did it affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What were the consequences of Phillip's actions, and how did he feel about them?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)