|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phillip's favorite topic in school?
2. Who wrote the document that makes up the prologue?
3. When will the special program that Miss Narwin wants to attend take place?
4. What does Miss Narwin's boss call her?
5. What does Phillip do during class after hearing he will not be able to do what he wants in the Spring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is to be done at the school at 8:05 AM?
2. What does Philip do to try to impress the girl he likes?
3. What is the third item listed in the Prologue?
4. What does Miss Narwin say to Philip when she learns his opinion of the book?
5. Who does Miss Narwin want to pay for her special program, and why?
6. What was Philip's answer to the fourth question on the English exam?
7. How does Mr. Lunser act during his homeroom period?
8. How does Mr. Malloy feel about Mrs. Malloy's worries about Philip?
9. What grade does Philip get on his English exam, and what warning does he receive?
10. What is the document in Chapter 6 about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Miss Narwin endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)