|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Palleni want to do to punish Phillip for his humming?
(a) Change his homeroom.
(b) Make him apologize publicly.
(c) Suspend him.
(d) Expel him.
2. What position is Ted Griffen running for in the election?
(b) City council.
(d) School board.
3. How much was the school budget defeated by?
(a) 4 to 1.
(b) 5 to 1.
(c) 3 to 1.
(d) 2 to 1.
4. Who was elected the Head of the School Board?
(a) Gloria Haviland.
(b) Patricia Doane.
(c) Margaret Narwin.
(d) Ted Griffen.
5. What does Dr. Doane tell Dr. Seymour Phillip was suspended for?
(a) Disturbing the class.
(b) Disobeying the teacher.
(c) Offending other students.
(d) Singing in class.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Coach Jamison not sympathetic with Phillip?
2. Whose office is Phillip sent to the second time he hums the National Anthem?
3. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to spend the money she has saved up on?
4. What reason does Phillip give Todd for not going out for the track team?
5. Who will be taking all further calls about the article?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Narwin plan to do at the end of the school year, and why?
2. Why is Miss Narwin's side of the story never printed?
3. What does Mrs. Malloy do when the attention gets to be too much for Philip?
4. Why will Philip not be able to run on the track team at his new school?
5. How do Philip's parents feel about all the coverage regarding Philip?
6. What do Philip and Miss Narwin do when the attention and press get to be too much for them?
7. What does Philip plan to do after his suspension?
8. What does Mr. Malloy say to Philip about not being able to sing the National Anthem?
9. What does Mr. Palleni think when he first hears why Philip has been sent to his office?
10. What does Philip realize when he reads the article?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)