|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phillip feel about the book he is tested on in his English exam?
(a) It is a masterpiece.
(b) It is meant for children.
(c) It is confusing.
(d) It is dumb.
2. What does Phillip do during class after hearing he will not be able to do what he wants in the Spring?
(a) Doodles on his notebook.
(b) Writes a nasty letter.
(d) Stares out the window.
3. What does Miss Narwin tell Phillip he is in danger of after his term exam?
(a) Getting kicked off the track team.
(b) Not getting an education.
(c) Failing the class.
(d) Being ordinary.
4. What does Miss Narwin apply for to attend a special program?
(a) A grant.
(b) A seminar.
(c) A university.
(d) A job.
5. What kind of document makes up Chapter 6?
(a) A memo.
(b) A conversation transcript.
(c) A letter.
(d) A journal entry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Phillip read about in his sports magazine?
2. What does Phillip's mother say in Chapter 9 that calms one of his fears?
3. What are the people reading the document in Chapter 6 asked to do?
4. How does Phillip's homeroom teacher respond to his jokes?
5. What does Phillip's father say he was never interested in when he was Phillip's age?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miss Narwin write to her sister about at the beginning of the school year?
2. What is Philip's dream, and how did it start?
3. What does Dr. Seymour ask the teachers to do to help pass the budget?
4. When does Philip's class schedule change?
5. What happened when Philip went to a seafood restaurant with his parents?
6. What is supposed to happen after the daily anthem?
7. What did Sarah Gloss say to Philip?
8. What are Philip's Winter term grades?
9. What grade does Philip get on his English exam, and what warning does he receive?
10. What is the document in Chapter 6 about?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)