|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Malloy distracted by when Phillip mentions humming the National Anthem the second time?
(a) Marital problems.
(b) Work problems.
(c) Health problems.
(d) Money problems.
2. How much was the school budget defeated by?
(a) 5 to 1.
(b) 4 to 1.
(c) 2 to 1.
(d) 3 to 1.
3. What is Jake Barlow's occupation?
(a) Talk Show Host.
(d) Radio DJ.
4. Who picks Phillip up from school when he is punished for his humming?
(a) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to spend the money she has saved up on?
(a) Some new clothes for the family.
(b) A family vacation.
(c) A private school for Phillip.
(d) New running gear for Phillip.
6. How many angry telegrams does the school get when Phillip returns to school after being suspended?
7. In the article, who is blamed for changing the rules in the school?
(a) Miss Narwin.
(b) Mr. France.
(c) Dr. Doane.
(d) Dr. Palleni.
8. Why does Phillip say he is humming the National Anthem?
(a) He wants to get Miss Narwin in trouble.
(b) He likes the song.
(c) He wants to be transferred to a different homeroom.
(d) He is being patriotic.
9. What does Miss Narwin say Phillip did to make herself look more justified?
(a) Got the whole class singing.
(b) Hummed quietly.
(c) Sang loudly.
(d) Verbally accosted her.
10. Who does Ted Griffen credit for solving the problem with Phillip?
(b) Dr. Doane.
(d) Dr. Seymour.
11. Who will be taking all further calls about the article?
(a) Dr. Doane.
(b) Miss Narwin.
(c) Dr. Palleni.
(d) Dr. Seymour.
12. What does Miss Narwin tell her sister creates chaos every school year?
(a) Disrespectful students.
(b) Unnecessary rules.
(c) Changing homerooms.
(d) Lack of discipline.
13. How does Dr. Palleni feel when Phillip is sent to see him a second time in Chapter 12?
14. What have Phillip's parents saved up some money for?
(a) Phillip's running career.
(b) Phillip's college.
(c) A family vacation.
(d) A new car.
15. Who was elected the Head of the School Board?
(a) Patricia Doane.
(b) Gloria Haviland.
(c) Margaret Narwin.
(d) Ted Griffen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Miss Narwin's students score on their SAT's?
2. What is Jennifer Stewart's occupation?
3. What does Ted use the article for?
4. Why is the story about Miss Narwin's side of the issue not printed?
5. Who does Dr. Palleni say wrote the memo about being silent during the Anthem?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)