|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Phillip's new homeroom teacher by Chapter 13?
(a) Miss Jones.
(b) Miss Reynolds.
(c) Mr. Lunser.
(d) Coach Jamison.
2. What does Phillip do during the National Anthem that Miss Narwin does not like?
3. Where is Dr. Palleni when Jennifer calls him?
(a) In his car.
(b) At school.
(c) In his office.
(d) At home.
4. Who picks Phillip up from school when he is punished for his humming?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
5. What rule does the person punishing Phillip in Chapter 11 say he has broken?
(a) Disobeying a teacher.
(b) Not being silent during the anthem.
(c) Praying during school.
(d) Disrupting a classroom.
6. Why does Phillip say he is humming the National Anthem?
(a) He is being patriotic.
(b) He likes the song.
(c) He wants to get Miss Narwin in trouble.
(d) He wants to be transferred to a different homeroom.
7. What does Miss Narwin tell her sister creates chaos every school year?
(a) Changing homerooms.
(b) Disrespectful students.
(c) Unnecessary rules.
(d) Lack of discipline.
8. Where is the reporter from who writes Miss Narwin's side of the issue?
(a) New York.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) St. Louis.
9. What does Dr. Doane say about Phillip when she is interviewed over the phone?
(a) He is a trouble maker.
(b) She has never met him in person.
(c) She feels he is not living up to his potential.
(d) He is a nice boy.
10. What do the students at Phillip's new school do every day?
(a) Write in their journals.
(b) Run a mile.
(c) Sing the National Anthem.
(d) Have time to mingle.
11. How much was the school budget defeated by?
(a) 2 to 1.
(b) 5 to 1.
(c) 4 to 1.
(d) 3 to 1.
12. What does the person punishing Phillip tell him to do instead of humming the anthem?
(a) Join the glee club.
(b) Write his patriotic feelings.
(c) Sing the National anthem at passing time.
(d) Join the track team.
13. What does Phillip do when the press and attention get to be too much for him?
(a) Runs on the track.
(b) Stays home from school.
(c) Writes in his diary.
(d) Visits his uncle.
14. What is the title of the article written by Jennifer?
(a) Schools Against the Star Spangled Banner.
(b) Students Denied Patriotic Expression.
(c) Suspended for Patriotism.
(d) Distrubances During the National Anthem.
15. Whose office is Phillip sent to the second time he hums the National Anthem?
(a) Dr. Doane.
(b) Dr. Palleni.
(c) Coach Jamison.
(d) Mr. Lunser.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Miss Narwin's students score on their SAT's?
2. Why is Coach Jamison not sympathetic with Phillip?
3. How does Phillip feel about the situation after his interview?
4. Who does Dr. Doane tell Dr. Seymour he should support in this fiasco?
5. What does Dr. Seymour use to prove that Miss Narwin is out of touch with her students?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)