|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Palleni say wrote the memo about being silent during the Anthem?
(a) Miss Narwin.
(b) Dr. Doane.
(d) Dr. Seymour.
2. What does Dr. Doane say about Phillip when she is interviewed over the phone?
(a) He is a nice boy.
(b) He is a trouble maker.
(c) She feels he is not living up to his potential.
(d) She has never met him in person.
3. What does Miss Narwin say Phillip did to make herself look more justified?
(a) Sang loudly.
(b) Verbally accosted her.
(c) Got the whole class singing.
(d) Hummed quietly.
4. What does Miss Narwin plan to do after this school year is over?
(b) Write a book.
(c) Find a new school.
(d) Confront Phillip.
5. What does Phillip do when the press and attention get to be too much for him?
(a) Stays home from school.
(b) Visits his uncle.
(c) Runs on the track.
(d) Writes in his diary.
6. What picks up Jennifer's story about Phillip?
(a) The Associated Press.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(d) The New York Times.
7. Why does Phillip say he is humming the National Anthem?
(a) He wants to get Miss Narwin in trouble.
(b) He likes the song.
(c) He wants to be transferred to a different homeroom.
(d) He is being patriotic.
8. What will the schools not be able to purchase now that the budget has been overturned?
(d) Sports supplies.
9. Who does Dr. Doane tell Dr. Seymour he should support in this fiasco?
(a) Miss Narwin.
(b) The school.
(c) The side he agrees with.
10. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to spend the money she has saved up on?
(a) A family vacation.
(b) A private school for Phillip.
(c) New running gear for Phillip.
(d) Some new clothes for the family.
11. Where is Dr. Palleni when Jennifer calls him?
(a) At home.
(b) In his car.
(c) At school.
(d) In his office.
12. Who is the School Board Chair?
(a) Glenda Harland.
(b) Gloria Harland.
(c) Gina Harmond.
(d) Gladys Hayword.
13. Who talks about the Malloy Magic?
14. What does Phillip's new school not have?
(a) A cafeteria.
(b) A flag.
(c) A literature class.
(d) A track team.
15. What rule does the person punishing Phillip in Chapter 11 say he has broken?
(a) Praying during school.
(b) Disrupting a classroom.
(c) Disobeying a teacher.
(d) Not being silent during the anthem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake Barlow's occupation?
2. What word does Phillip used to describe the school rules when he goes to see Dr. Palleni a second time?
3. What does Phillip call the Washington Academy?
4. What position is Ted Griffen running for in the election?
5. What does Miss Narwin do when the press and attention get to be too much for her?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)