|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Phil say he never knew at the end of the book?
(a) The plot of The Call of the Wild.
(b) The words to the National Anthem.
(c) Where this road would lead him.
(d) How much he hurt Miss Narwin.
2. What is Mr. Malloy distracted by when Phillip mentions humming the National Anthem the second time?
(a) Money problems.
(b) Work problems.
(c) Marital problems.
(d) Health problems.
3. How many angry telegrams does the school get when Phillip returns to school after being suspended?
4. How does Dr. Palleni feel when Phillip is sent to see him a second time in Chapter 12?
5. Who was elected the Head of the School Board?
(a) Patricia Doane.
(b) Gloria Haviland.
(c) Margaret Narwin.
(d) Ted Griffen.
6. Whose office is Phillip sent to the second time he hums the National Anthem?
(a) Dr. Doane.
(b) Mr. Lunser.
(c) Coach Jamison.
(d) Dr. Palleni.
7. What does Phillip's new school not have?
(a) A flag.
(b) A track team.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A literature class.
8. Why does Phillip say he is humming the National Anthem?
(a) He likes the song.
(b) He is being patriotic.
(c) He wants to be transferred to a different homeroom.
(d) He wants to get Miss Narwin in trouble.
9. Where is Dr. Palleni when Jennifer calls him?
(a) In his office.
(b) At school.
(c) In his car.
(d) At home.
10. Who does Dr. Doane tell Dr. Seymour he should support in this fiasco?
(a) The side he agrees with.
(b) The school.
(c) Miss Narwin.
11. What is the name of Phillip's new school in Chapter 19?
(a) Jefferson Academic School.
(b) Washington Academy.
(c) Madison High School.
(d) Lincoln Private School.
12. Who will be taking all further calls about the article?
(a) Dr. Palleni.
(b) Dr. Seymour.
(c) Dr. Doane.
(d) Miss Narwin.
13. What does Miss Narwin plan to do after this school year is over?
(b) Find a new school.
(c) Confront Phillip.
(d) Write a book.
14. What reason does Phillip give Todd for not going out for the track team?
(a) His parents won't let him.
(b) He would never make it.
(c) He is too busy.
(d) He failed English.
15. Who picks Phillip up from school when he is punished for his humming?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Narwin tell her sister creates chaos every school year?
2. What does Mrs. Malloy plan to spend the money she has saved up on?
3. Why is Coach Jamison not sympathetic with Phillip?
4. What will the schools not be able to purchase now that the budget has been overturned?
5. How do Miss Narwin's students score on their SAT's?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)