|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the students supposed to do as they listen to something every day at school?
(a) Sing along.
(b) Take notes.
(c) Stand and be still.
(d) Write about the music.
2. How fast did Steve Hallick run a mile?
3. What is the name of the girl who recommended a book to Phillip?
4. How many times has Miss Narwin asked for money for special programs before this?
(a) Once every year.
5. What time are morning announcements scheduled to start at the school?
(a) 8:15 am.
(b) 7:45 am.
(c) 7:55 am.
(d) 8:05 am.
6. What does Coach Jamison tell Phillip to do in order to do what he wants in the Spring?
(a) Work harder on the team.
(b) Discuss his situation with the principal.
(c) Talk to his parents.
(d) Do extra work for Miss Narwin.
7. What was Phillip's answer to the fourth question on his English exam?
(a) The character symbolizes a cat.
(b) The major conflict was a food fight.
(c) The book makes no sense and is stupid.
(d) The author is crazy.
8. What does Phillip's mom want his dad to talk to him about in Chapter 9?
(a) His grades.
(b) His track team.
(c) His sad demeanor.
(d) His loss of appetite.
9. Who does Phillip read about in his sports magazine?
(a) Newt Gingritch.
(b) Steve Hallick.
(c) Michael Jordan.
(d) Babe Ruth.
10. What is Phillip's last name?
11. Who does Miss Narwin ask for the money to attend the special program?
(a) Dr. Palleni.
(b) Mr. Miller.
(c) Coach Johansen.
(d) Dr. Doane.
12. Why does Phillip not like the book he assigned to read at school?
(a) It does not apply to his life.
(b) It is about a dog.
(c) It is not intricate enough for him.
(d) It has challenging language.
13. Who is the document in Chapter 6 written for?
(d) Faculty members.
14. What is Miss Narwin so angry about?
(a) Being denied the grant.
(b) Being denied a raise.
(c) Phillip's disrespect.
(d) Phillip's request for extra work.
15. Who does Miss Narwin write to?
(a) Her boyfriend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Phillip's favorite topic in school?
2. What is the first name of the person writing the document in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Miss Narwin want to attend the special program?
4. Why does Phillip not feel the need to read the assigned book for class?
5. When will the special program that Miss Narwin wants to attend take place?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)