|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of document reveals Miss Narwin's anger?
(b) Journal entry.
2. What does Phillip's mother say in Chapter 9 that calms one of his fears?
(a) She and his father are not divorcing.
(b) They are not mad about his low grade.
(c) They have noticed his loss in appetite.
(d) They are proud of his math skills.
3. Where does Phillip write about his dreams?
(a) Letters to his father.
(b) His e-mail.
(c) His books.
(d) His journal.
4. What form is Chapter 2 written in?
(a) A transcript.
(b) A memo.
(c) A letter.
(d) A journal entry.
5. What does Phillip's father feel about his wife's worries about Phillip?
(a) They are unfounded.
(b) They are serious.
(c) They are a little exaggerated.
(d) They are with good reason.
6. What word does Miss Narwin use to describe Phillip's thinking?
7. What does Phillip's father say he was never interested in when he was Phillip's age?
(c) Social activities.
8. Why does Phillip think a girl likes him?
(a) He is tall.
(b) He is smart.
(c) He is funny.
(d) He is an athlete.
9. What does Miss Narwin's boss call her?
10. What are the people reading the document in Chapter 6 asked to do?
(a) Campaign for the budget.
(b) Spread the truth.
(d) Keep quiet.
11. What type of document makes up the prologue?
(a) A schedule.
(b) A letter.
(c) A memo.
(d) An article.
12. Who does Miss Narwin write to?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her boyfriend.
(d) Her grandmother.
13. What book is Phillip reading for school in Chapter 1?
(a) The Call of the Wild.
(b) Oliver Twist.
(c) The Merchant of Venice.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
14. What time are morning announcements scheduled to start at the school?
(a) 7:55 am.
(b) 7:45 am.
(c) 8:05 am.
(d) 8:15 am.
15. What kind of restaurant did Phillip's father take him to in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do we learn about what Phillip did with his assigned book?
2. Who does Phillip work out with to prepare for track?
3. How many times has Miss Narwin asked for money for special programs before this?
4. According to Chapter 6, when will the next election be held?
5. What is Phillip's dream?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)