|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade did Phillip get in biology?
2. What does Miss Narwin tell Phillip his term grade is?
(a) A gift.
(b) A warning.
(c) A bad omen.
(d) A lucky stroke.
3. What does Phillip's mother say in Chapter 9 that calms one of his fears?
(a) She and his father are not divorcing.
(b) They are not mad about his low grade.
(c) They have noticed his loss in appetite.
(d) They are proud of his math skills.
4. What kind of document tell us what Phillip won't be allowed to do in the Spring?
5. Where does Phillip write about his dreams?
(a) His e-mail.
(b) His journal.
(c) His books.
(d) Letters to his father.
6. Who wrote the document at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Dr. Pallini.
(b) Miss Narwin.
(c) Dr. Doane.
(d) Coach Jones.
7. Who introduces the person giving announcements about school events and clubs?
(a) A coach.
(b) The principal.
(c) A student.
(d) A faculty member.
8. What does Phillip's father say is the worst thing that could happen in response to his wife's concerns over Phillip?
(a) He will have to see a doctor.
(b) He will have to try out for the team another year.
(c) He will have to transfer schools.
(d) He will have to go to summer school.
9. What is the only thing Phillip and his father talk about at the beginning of the school year?
(a) Phillip's grades.
(b) Track try outs.
(c) His father's job.
(d) The family's lack of money.
10. What is Miss Narwin's first name?
11. What is the name of the girl who recommended a book to Phillip?
12. Who gives announcements about school events and clubs?
(a) A faculty member.
(b) A student.
(c) The principal.
(d) A coach.
13. Why does Phillip not feel the need to read the assigned book for class?
(a) He can fake his way through the exam.
(b) He can cheat.
(c) He has read it before.
(d) It is a ridiculous book.
14. What are the students supposed to do as they listen to something every day at school?
(a) Write about the music.
(b) Take notes.
(c) Sing along.
(d) Stand and be still.
15. How does Phillip feel about studying?
(a) It is boring.
(b) It is easy.
(c) It is of no use.
(d) It is intimidating.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the girl that Phillip has a crush on?
2. What is the special program that Miss Narwin wants to attend called?
3. How much does the special program that Miss Narwin wants to attend cost?
4. What subject in school is Phillip struggling with?
5. How long is the special program that Miss Narwin wants to attend?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)