|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harlem Ghetto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe a "new society" in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
(a) One in which inequalities change because of protests.
(b) One in which inequalities will disappear and vengeance will be exacted.
(c) One in which Negros and Whites work together.
(d) One in which Negros resume their slave duties.
2. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
3. What are there more of in Harlem than any other ghetto in the city?
(b) Grocery Stores.
4. What does Baldwin say is the hatred symbol of Georgia?
(a) The Black man.
(b) The Negro.
(c) The Mulatto.
(d) The Jew.
5. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baldwin think it is safe for the film Carmen Jones to utilize an all-Negro cast?
2. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
3. Why does Baldwin criticize the book Native Son?
4. What are protest novels?
5. Why is the cleanliness of the Carmen Jones movie set necessary for white audiences?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)