|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harlem Ghetto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Coarse hair.
(b) Dark colored skin.
(d) Brown eyes.
2. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
3. Baldwin believes that the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin should have been:
(a) A Novel.
(b) A Play.
(c) A Short Story.
(d) A Pamphlet.
4. How does Baldwin describe the American Ideal?
(a) Everyone should reconnect to American history.
(b) Everyone should be as alike as possible.
(c) Everyone should be as different as possible.
(d) Everyone should connect to their cultural identity.
5. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Pearl Bailey.
(b) Lena Horne.
(c) Carmen Jones.
(d) Dorothy Dandridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
2. What stereotypical trait is shared by the female and male leads in the film Carmen Jones?
3. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
4. What two stereotypical figures does the author portray as portraits of the Negro in America with laudatory and heinous qualities?
5. How has Harlem changed since Baldwin's parents' lifetime?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)