|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harlem Ghetto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
2. What are there more of in Harlem than any other ghetto in the city?
(c) Grocery Stores.
3. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
4. According to Baldwin, if black faces cannot be made white then what other way can they be changed in order to be less offensive to white society?
5. What does Baldwin say is the hatred symbol of Harlem?
(a) The Jew.
(b) The Mulatto.
(c) The Negro.
(d) The Black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
2. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
4. How does Baldwin describe the relationship between the Negroes and the Jews in Harlem?
5. According to Baldwin, how does the book Native Son obliterate the good will of the people as a whole?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)