|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harlem Ghetto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baldwin say is the hatred symbol of Georgia?
(a) The Negro.
(b) The Mulatto.
(c) The Black man.
(d) The Jew.
2. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
(a) To prove slavery is wrong.
(b) To abolish slavery.
(c) To show the every day life of a slave.
(d) To tell the true story of Uncle Tom.
3. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
(a) Native Son.
(b) Black Boy.
(c) Little Women.
4. Where is Harlem located?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
5. Although it is known that African Americans are not biologically or mentally inferior, what occurred during the World War II?
(a) The troops were integrated.
(b) The troops were segregated.
(c) The troops were evaluated.
(d) African Americans were not allowed to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, at what point does the making of an American begin?
2. Who is the author of Native Son?
3. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
4. How does Baldwin describe the American Ideal?
5. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)