|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harlem Ghetto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Harlem located?
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
2. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
3. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Pearl Bailey.
(b) Carmen Jones.
(c) Dorothy Dandridge.
(d) Lena Horne.
4. What are protest novels?
(a) Socialism connecting nowhere to racism.
(b) Racism connecting nowhere to social policy.
(c) Fantasies connecting nowhere to reality.
(d) Reality connecting nowhere with fantasy.
5. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
(a) Harry Belafonte.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Lena Horne.
(d) Dorothy Dandridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baldwin claim Jews and Negroes must use in order to be accepted in the 1940s and 1950s?
2. Where can the true raison d'être of the Negro press be found?
3. Why is the language and dialect in the film Carmen Jones considered an insult on black people?
4. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
5. What is the setting of the opening of Native Son?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)