|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harlem Ghetto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the 1955 production of Carmen Jones different than previous productions?
(a) It had an all-white cast.
(b) It had an all-Negro cast.
(c) It had an interracial cast.
(d) It had an all-African cast.
2. What is dehumanization of the Negro inseparable from?
(a) The loss of African American identity.
(b) The loss of Negroes to slavery.
(c) The loss of our own identity.
(d) The loss of racial identity.
3. In what era did James Baldwin write Notes of a Native Son?
(a) Slavery era.
(b) Civil rights era.
(c) Pre-civil rights era.
4. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
5. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Whites?
(a) Protest Literature.
(b) Change Literature.
(c) Problem Literature.
(d) Social Literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who played the lead male role in the film Carmen Jones?
2. What biblical story does Baldwin say allows the Blacks to identify with Jews?
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
4. Protest novels are said to resemble:
5. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)