|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Harlem Ghetto.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Brown eyes.
(b) Dark colored skin.
(c) Coarse hair.
2. What does Baldwin say it means for the Negro to be religious?
(a) He stands in fear of God.
(b) He stands in fear of creation.
(c) He stands in fear of beast.
(d) He stands in fear of man.
3. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) George S. Schuyler.
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) James Baldwin.
(d) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
4. According to Baldwin, if black faces cannot be made white then what other way can they be changed in order to be less offensive to white society?
5. Where is Harlem located?
(a) New Jersey.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
2. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
3. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
4. According to Baldwin, who are the three most important characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin?
5. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)