|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe a "new society" in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
(a) One in which inequalities change because of protests.
(b) One in which Negros and Whites work together.
(c) One in which Negros resume their slave duties.
(d) One in which inequalities will disappear and vengeance will be exacted.
2. What university were American soldiers attending in Paris?
(b) University of Paris.
(c) University of London.
(d) Sorbonne University.
3. Instead of discussing the past, what does Baldwin suggest the American Negro and Whites discuss while in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) American politics.
(d) French politics.
4. According to Baldwin, what feeling did the American Negro and the French Negro share?
(a) A sense of overwhelming understanding.
(b) A sense of displacement.
(c) A sense of change.
(d) A sense of sadness.
5. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
(a) Chez Paris.
(b) Sorbonne cafe.
(c) Chez Inez.
(d) Le Paris cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurred a few hours after the funeral of Baldwin's father?
2. When was Baldwin's father born?
3. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
4. What are protest novels?
5. What stereotypical trait is shared by the female and male leads in the film Carmen Jones?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)