|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
2. How does Baldwin say American life compares to life in other parts of the world in the 1940s?
(a) Life in America moves at the same pace as other places in the world.
(b) Life in America moves slower.
(c) Life in America moves faster.
(d) People in America are indifferent to what is going on in other parts of the world.
3. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
(a) Sammy Davis, Jr.
(b) Sidney Poitier.
(c) Harry Belafonte.
(d) Joe Adams.
4. According to Baldwin, which students are successfully entrenched in Parisian lifestyle?
(a) Those that marry French women.
(b) Those that take time to study the culture and People of Paris.
(c) Those that use their GI funding to study at Parisian university.
(d) Those that know American history.
5. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
(a) Joe Adams.
(b) Lena Horne.
(c) Dorothy Dandridge.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, who are the three most important characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin?
2. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
3. Although it is known that African Americans are not biologically or mentally inferior, what occurred during the World War II?
4. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
5. According to Baldwin, what feeling did the American Negro and the French Negro share?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)