|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Melodeers room while in Atlanta?
(c) The homes of Progressive Party members.
(d) a Negro motel.
2. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
(a) Sidney Poitier.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Harry Belafonte.
(d) Sammy Davis, Jr.
3. According to Baldwin, which one of the following performers had the ability to be a successful performer in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) Duke Ellington.
(b) Dorothy Dandridge.
(c) Jospehine Baker.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
4. What was the profession of Baldwin's father?
(c) Hotel Attendant.
5. According to Baldwin, what was the legend of Paris?
(a) One of freedom.
(b) One of democracy.
(c) One of bureaucracy.
(d) One of equality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What phenomenon does Baldwin address in the essay entitled, A Question of Identity?
2. According to Baldwin, what has the African not yet endured that the American Negro has endured?
3. According to Baldwin, what discovery brings an end to the alienation of the American student in Paris?
4. What prison was Baldwin sent to because of his last name?
5. How does Baldwin describe the entertainment industry in Paris for American performers in the 1940s and 50s?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)