|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the French see Baldwin in the commissariat?
(a) As a French Negro.
(b) As an American.
(c) As an American Negro.
(d) As a French man.
2. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) James Baldwin.
(b) George S. Schuyler.
(c) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(d) Richard Wright.
3. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
(a) Change Literature.
(b) Protest Literature.
(c) Problem Literature.
(d) Social Literature.
4. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
(a) They wanted to learn more about France.
(b) They wanted to escape from American society.
(c) They fell in love with the language and cultural of Paris.
(d) They wanted to marry French women.
5. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Baldwin live while in Paris?
2. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
3. How does Baldwin describe a "new society" in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
4. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
5. What is the setting of the opening of Native Son?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)