|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what era did James Baldwin write Notes of a Native Son?
(a) Civil rights era.
(c) Slavery era.
(d) Pre-civil rights era.
2. How are the oppressed and oppressor described in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
(a) They are bound together within the same society.
(b) They are both are oppressed.
(c) They are divided by society.
(d) They are separated by common law.
3. Instead of discussing the past, what does Baldwin suggest the American Negro and Whites discuss while in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
(a) The Eiffel Tower.
(b) French politics.
(c) American politics.
4. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
(a) Mrs. Brandon Price.
(b) Clarance Warde.
(c) Louis Burner.
(d) Henry Wallace.
5. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
(a) The story of Native Americans.
(b) The story of Americans.
(c) The story of the original American settlers.
(d) The story of African Americans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baldwin criticize the book Native Son?
2. According to Baldwin, why has the face of the Negro changed over time?
3. Which of the following artists was mentioned in the Harlem Ghetto chapter as having a column in the People's Voice?
4. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
5. What prison was Baldwin sent to because of his last name?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)