|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are protest novels?
(a) Reality connecting nowhere with fantasy.
(b) Fantasies connecting nowhere to reality.
(c) Socialism connecting nowhere to racism.
(d) Racism connecting nowhere to social policy.
2. What was the name of the establishment where the Melodeers ate their meals while in Atlanta?
(a) Fraziers' Café.
(b) Hunter Street Café.
(c) Red's Diner.
(d) Fraziers' Diner.
3. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
(a) Joe Adams.
(b) Sammy Davis, Jr.
(c) Sidney Poitier.
(d) Harry Belafonte.
4. What gift did Baldwin's attorney friend bring him in prison?
(a) Clean bed sheets .
(c) Lucky Strike Cigarettes.
(d) A bottle of French wine.
5. Who traveled with Baldwin to visit his dying father on Long Island?
(a) Baldwin's brother.
(b) Baldwin's mother.
(c) Baldwin's aunt.
(d) Baldwin's friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
2. In what year was Baldwin arrested in Paris?
3. How are the oppressed and oppressor described in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
4. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
5. According to Baldwin, what discovery brings an end to the alienation of the American student in Paris?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)