|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is not one of the two legends of the "white Gentile" as described by Baldwin?
(a) He has taught the Negro to be inferior.
(b) He has divided Negro men and women.
(c) He has divided the Jews and Negroes.
(d) He treats the Negro like a slave.
2. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
(a) They wanted to marry French women.
(b) They wanted to escape from American society.
(c) They wanted to learn more about France.
(d) They fell in love with the language and cultural of Paris.
3. Why does Baldwin escape to Paris?
(a) To study French culture.
(b) To escape the racial prejudice of America.
(c) To live with a French family.
(d) To escape the racial prejudice of Africa.
4. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
5. How long had Baldwin been gone from home when his father passed away?
(a) A little over a year.
(b) One year.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) More than 2 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
2. When was Baldwin's father born?
3. What prison was Baldwin sent to because of his last name?
4. What are protest novels?
5. What did Baldwin drink before his father's funeral?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)