|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the legal guardian and road manager of the Melodeers during their journey to Atlanta?
(a) Branson Price.
(b) Clarence Warde.
(c) Adam Jones.
(d) Henry Wallace.
2. Where is Harlem located?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
3. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
(a) The campaign promises were too common.
(b) The campaign promises were geared towards Whites.
(c) The campaign promises were too extravagant.
(d) The campaign promises were geared towards African Americans.
4. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
5. What did Baldwin drink before his father's funeral?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter entitled A Question of Identity, what does Baldwin describe as a flimsy structure, beneath contempt, designed by and for all the other people?
2. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
3. When was Baldwin's father born?
4. What was the profession of Baldwin's father?
5. What biblical story does Baldwin say allows the Blacks to identify with Jews?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)