|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many American Negroes were living in Paris during the 1950s?
2. Where can the true raison d'être of the Negro press be found?
(a) Letters to the editor.
(b) The front pages of the Negro newspapers.
(c) Lifestyle sections of the Black magazines.
(d) Ebony magazine.
3. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
4. When was Baldwin's father born?
(b) During slavery.
(d) It is unknown.
5. What novel does Baldwin criticize as a more modern piece of shallow propaganda from the Negro experience?
(a) Carmen Jones.
(b) Uncle Tom's Cabin.
(c) Native Son.
(d) Black No More.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
2. What reason does Baldwin give for Blacks living in Paris?
3. How far was the Fresnes prison from Paris?
4. What does Baldwin claim Jews and Negroes must use in order to be accepted in the 1940s and 1950s?
5. What issue is the American constantly confronted with in Paris?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)