|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
(b) Black Boy.
(c) Little Women.
(d) Native Son.
2. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
(a) To abolish slavery.
(b) To prove slavery is wrong.
(c) To tell the true story of Uncle Tom.
(d) To show the every day life of a slave.
3. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
4. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
(a) The architecture associated with Paris.
(b) The food associated with Paris.
(c) The romanticism associated with Paris.
(d) The beauty of the language.
5. What was the profession of Baldwin's father?
(a) Hotel Attendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Blacks?
2. How are the oppressed and oppressor described in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
3. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
4. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
5. Who visits Baldwin while he is in prison with the promise of sending someone to represent him at his trial?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)