|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Baldwin think the Negro vote was so easily bought and sold in the 1940s?
(a) Because it was treated with little respect.
(b) Because Blacks were in need of money.
(c) Because Whites has a great influence in Black politics.
(d) Because Blacks did care about politics.
2. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
(a) Because the ex-GIs could study the same things in the United States.
(b) Because ex-GIs went to Paris for the culture.
(c) Because ex-GIs did not like in the student colony.
(d) Because ex-GIs rarely attended their courses.
3. In what year did Baldwin's father die?
4. What other event shared the same date as the funeral of Baldwin's father?
(a) Baldwin's 18th birthday.
(b) Baldwin's 20th birthday.
(c) Baldwin's 17th birthday.
(d) Baldwin's 19th birthday.
5. How does Baldwin describe the lives of the nonperforming Negroes in Paris as compared to the lives of Negro entertainers in the 1940s and 50s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Baldwin use to describe the lives of American student in Paris in the 1950s?
2. Why does Baldwin assert that White people contribute to the perpetuation of the stereotypical characters such as Aunt Jemima and Uncle Tom?
3. How does Baldwin say American life compares to life in other parts of the world in the 1940s?
4. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
5. How are the oppressed and oppressor described in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)