|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what is afforded to American students in Paris?
2. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
(c) Drama .
3. What did Baldwin suggest attracted ex-GI's to live and study in Paris?
(a) The beauty of the language.
(b) The architecture associated with Paris.
(c) The food associated with Paris.
(d) The romanticism associated with Paris.
4. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
5. What two stereotypical figures does the author portray as portraits of the Negro in America with laudatory and heinous qualities?
(a) Aunt Jemima and Uncle Tom.
(b) Carmen Jones and Uncle Tom.
(c) Aunt Jemima and Carmen Jones.
(d) Aunt Jemima and Othello.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baldwin say must sustain the American Negro in the present?
2. What's the name of Baldwin's brother who relayed his experience with the Melodeers in Atlanta?
3. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
4. According to Baldwin, which one of the following performers had the ability to be a successful performer in Paris in the 1940s and 50s?
5. What impeded the Progressive Party's progression in Harlem during the 1940s?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)