|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, who are the three most important characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) George, St. Clair, and Uncle Tom.
(b) George, Eliza, and Uncle Tom.
(c) George, Miss Ophelia, and Uncle Tom.
(d) Uncle Tom, Miss Ophelia, and Eliza.
2. What did Baldwin consume a lot of while writing?
(a) Coffee and Croissants.
(b) Coffee and Wine.
(c) Coffee and Tea.
(d) Croissants and Wine.
3. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
4. According to Baldwin, what discovery brings an end to the alienation of the American student in Paris?
(a) Discovering America from the vantage point of Europe.
(b) Discovering America from the vantage point of the French African.
(c) Discovering European culture.
(d) Discovering American culture.
5. What does Baldwin claim Jews and Negroes must use in order to be accepted in the 1940s and 1950s?
(b) Every weapon possible.
(c) Knowledge of American society.
(d) American History.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Native Son?
2. What is the name of the night club in the Latin Quarter that specializes in fried chicken and jazz?
3. What war is discussed in the chapter entitled A Question of Identity?
4. Although it is known that African Americans are not biologically or mentally inferior, what occurred during the World War II?
5. In what year did Baldwin's father die?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)