|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Baldwin give for not believing that ex-GIs traveled to Paris to study?
(a) Because ex-GIs did not like in the student colony.
(b) Because the ex-GIs could study the same things in the United States.
(c) Because ex-GIs rarely attended their courses.
(d) Because ex-GIs went to Paris for the culture.
2. According to Baldwin, who were the only people able to maintain a useful and unquestioned friendship with Negroes during the 1940s and 50s in Paris?
(a) Negro soliders.
(b) White Americans.
(c) Negro entertainers.
(d) The French.
3. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Pearl Bailey.
(b) Dorothy Dandridge.
(c) Lena Horne.
(d) Carmen Jones.
4. Who visits Baldwin while he is in prison with the promise of sending someone to represent him at his trial?
(a) A released prisoner.
(b) An American patent attorney.
(c) A friend from New York City.
(d) A prison guard.
5. How long had Baldwin been gone from home when his father passed away?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) A little over a year.
(c) More than 2 years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first church that Baldwin can remember attending with his family as a child?
2. What was the aim of the quartet groups like the Melodeers?
3. Who is the author of Native Son?
4. Who had the money to pay for the Melodeers' accommodations in Atlanta?
5. What legislation made it possible for American soldiers to pay for their education in Paris after the war?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)