|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Equal in Paris.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on the same day that Baldwin's father died?
(a) The ninth child was born.
(b) The eighth child was born.
(c) The tenth child was born.
(d) The seventh child was born.
2. What was the political affiliation of the Amsterdam Star-News?
3. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Coarse hair.
(b) Brown eyes.
(d) Dark colored skin.
4. What is one way that Baldwin claims a person can become entrenched in the Parisian lifestyle?
(a) Marrying a French citizen.
(b) Living with a French Family.
(c) Eating a French cafes.
(d) Visiting the American embassy in France.
5. What occurred a few hours after the funeral of Baldwin's father?
(a) A Progressive Party rally.
(b) Baldwin's brother passed away.
(c) A race riot.
(d) A black man was beat up by the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the Fresnes prison from Paris?
2. What is the avowed aim of the American protest novel?
3. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
4. What university were American soldiers attending in Paris?
5. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)