|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carmen Jones: The Dark Is Light Enough.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stereotypical trait do the immoral and evil characters share in the film Carmen Jones?
(b) Coarse hair.
(c) Dark colored skin.
(d) Brown eyes.
2. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
(a) To tell the true story of Uncle Tom.
(b) To show the every day life of a slave.
(c) To prove slavery is wrong.
(d) To abolish slavery.
3. According to Baldwin, who are the three most important characters in Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) George, Miss Ophelia, and Uncle Tom.
(b) George, St. Clair, and Uncle Tom.
(c) George, Eliza, and Uncle Tom.
(d) Uncle Tom, Miss Ophelia, and Eliza.
4. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Whites?
(a) Problem Literature.
(b) Social Literature.
(c) Protest Literature.
(d) Change Literature.
5. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although it is known that African Americans are not biologically or mentally inferior, what occurred during the World War II?
2. How was the 1955 production of Carmen Jones different than previous productions?
3. Protest novels are said to resemble:
4. What has made some changes in the face of the Negro?
5. According to Baldwin, at what point does the making of an American begin?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)