|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carmen Jones: The Dark Is Light Enough.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe.
(b) George S. Schuyler.
(c) James Baldwin.
(d) Richard Wright.
2. In what year was the all-Black production of Carmen Jones released?
3. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
(a) Racial prejudice.
4. What does Baldwin regard as the most important thing about the film Carmen Jones?
(a) The changes it suggests about the lives of Negroes.
(b) The impression it leaves about the realities of Negro life.
(c) The questions it leaves about the relationship between Whites and Negroes.
(d) The questions it leaves in the mind relate more to inferior life of Americans.
5. How was the 1955 production of Carmen Jones different than previous productions?
(a) It had an all-white cast.
(b) It had an all-African cast.
(c) It had an all-Negro cast.
(d) It had an interracial cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What genre of film is the movie Carmen Jones?
2. How is the story of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
3. The story of Carmen Jones deals with what type of people?
4. According to Baldwin, why has the face of the Negro changed over time?
5. Baldwin believes that the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin should have been:
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)