|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carmen Jones: The Dark Is Light Enough.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stereotypical trait is shared by the female and male leads in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Blue eyes.
(b) Light colored skin.
(c) Dark colored skin.
(d) Fine hair.
2. What negative stereotype does the character Carmen Jones perpetuate?
(a) The stereotype of subservient Negro women.
(b) The stereotype of rampant sexuality.
(c) The stereotype of light skinned Negroes being smarter than dark skinned Negroes.
(d) The stereotype of Negro women being the desire of white men's lust.
3. How are the oppressed and oppressor described in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
(a) They are separated by common law.
(b) They are divided by society.
(c) They are bound together within the same society.
(d) They are both are oppressed.
4. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
5. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Walt Disney Studios.
(b) Twentieth Century Fox.
(c) Universal Studios.
(d) MGM Studios.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baldwin describe literature on the subject of the Negro in America when it is written by Whites?
2. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
3. What novel does Baldwin compare Uncle Tom's Cabin to?
4. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
5. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)