|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carmen Jones: The Dark Is Light Enough.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what color is associated with evil?
2. What is the theme of Baldwin's Notes of a Native Son?
(a) Racial prejudice.
3. What point of view does Baldwin use in this essay?
(a) Third person narrative.
(b) First person narrative.
(c) First person limited narrative.
(d) Second person narrative.
4. Why was Uncle Tom's Cabin was written?
(a) To prove slavery is wrong.
(b) To show the every day life of a slave.
(c) To abolish slavery.
(d) To tell the true story of Uncle Tom.
5. According to Baldwin, what characteristic does Dorothy Dandridge have that Pearl Bailey lacks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Hollywood studio produced the film Carmen Jones?
2. How does Baldwin describe a "new society" in the book, Notes of a Native Son?
3. Who is the author of Native Son?
4. Although it is known that African Americans are not biologically or mentally inferior, what occurred during the World War II?
5. What does Baldwin suggest the presupposition of the two novels Kingsblood Royal and If He Hollers Let Him Go are in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)