|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Carmen Jones: The Dark Is Light Enough.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Baldwin, what color are the robes of the saved?
2. Which of the following is not a characteristic given to history by Baldwin?
(b) Negative images in the media.
(d) Remote Violence.
3. How is history and the progress of the Negro described in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
4. Who played the lead role of Carmen in the film Carmen Jones?
(a) Dorothy Dandridge.
(b) Carmen Jones.
(c) Pearl Bailey.
(d) Lena Horne.
5. According to Baldwin, what has led to unforeseen paradoxical distress?
(a) Our passion for clarity.
(b) Our passion for change.
(c) Our passion for categorization.
(d) Our passion for knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Baldwin, why has the face of the Negro changed over time?
2. Why does Baldwin insist that the operatic songs performed by the cast in the film Carmen Jones have no connection to Negro life?
3. Why does Baldwin criticize the book Native Son?
4. How is the Negro in America referred to in the chapter entitled Many Thousands Gone?
5. Protest novels are said to resemble:
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)