One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Identity.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Melodeers ultimately end up rehearsing for their performances in Atlanta?
(c) A private home.
(d) A Negro motel.
2. Who played the villainous second male lead in Carmen Jones?
(a) Sammy Davis, Jr.
(b) Joe Adams.
(c) Harry Belafonte.
(d) Sidney Poitier.
3. What does Baldwin regard as the most important thing about the film Carmen Jones?
(a) The impression it leaves about the realities of Negro life.
(b) The changes it suggests about the lives of Negroes.
(c) The questions it leaves in the mind relate more to inferior life of Americans.
(d) The questions it leaves about the relationship between Whites and Negroes.
4. Why does Baldwin think it is safe for the film Carmen Jones to utilize an all-Negro cast?
(a) White people do not want to see an interracial cast.
(b) The Negroes would see a movie with an all-Negro cast.
(c) The all-Negro cast is less intimidating.
(d) There are no white people to which the Negroes may be compared.
5. What war is discussed in the chapter entitled A Question of Identity?
(a) Civil War.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) World War I.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the chapter, A Question of Identity, how does Baldwin learn about his struggle for identity in the world?
2. Who was the representative of the Progressive Party in Atlanta?
3. Since Negroes have been in this country, Baldwin writes that their one devastating gain was:
4. Where is Atlanta located?
5. How many of Baldwin's brothers were in the quartet?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)