|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the writer's colleagues think of him?
2. What does the writer say about those in other countries with regard to romanticism?
3. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
4. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
5. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
Essay Topic 1
All stories have conflict. Describe the type or types of conflict expressed in this story and if or how they are resolved by the end of the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Part 2 of the book, the writer often refers to the snow. What does the snow represent to or say about the writer?
Essay Topic 3
The writer discusses men of action. What does he say about men of action? How does he feel about these men? Does he think of himself as a man of action? Why or why not?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)