|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
2. How does the writer feel about his dreams in this section?
3. What has the writer forgotten about when he wakesup after his night of drinking?
4. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
5. What does the writer say he would do if he sees Liza again?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 1, Chapter 5, the writer states that he participates in self-degradation in lieu of boredom. Provide examples of this. Do you think the writer does this to fight his boredom or could there be other reasons? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the tone of the dinner party. Is the writer happy to be there? Is he accepted? Does anything happen to change the tone during the party?
Essay Topic 3
Based on the writer's interactions with others, do you think he is respected? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)