|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
2. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
3. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
4. What is Liza's profession?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
Essay Topic 1
In Part 1, Chapter 6, the reader further learns that the author lives in self pity and loathing. Discuss how this way of life has affected him in terms of his work life, love life, and social life.
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, do you think the writer is a "Hero" or a "Coward"? Provide examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
In Part 1, Chapter 5, the writer seems very concerned about making the distinction between intelligent and unintelligent people. Discuss the writer's view on intelligent versus unintelligent people. How does he distinguish them? How does he feel about each? How does the writer view himself in this regard?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)