|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 9, the writer begins a speech about why he goes to see Liza. What does the writer say Liza's thought's for his visit are?
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
3. How does the writer describe his face?
4. What do the writer's old schoolmates think about him?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
Essay Topic 1
In Part 1, Chapter 8, the writer fantasizes about a formula for the desires of man. What does he say would happen to free will if such a formula existed and how do you think he feels about this?
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of the book, Dostoevsky states that the narrator is fictional. Do you think he is truly fictional or could he possible represent Dostoevsky? Support your answer with evidence from the book and what you've learned about Dostoevsky personally.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the tone of the dinner party. Is the writer happy to be there? Is he accepted? Does anything happen to change the tone during the party?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)