Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
2. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
3. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
4. What is Liza's profession?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
Essay Topic 1
All stories have conflict. Describe the type or types of conflict expressed in this story and if or how they are resolved by the end of the story.
Essay Topic 2
In Part 1, Chapter 5, the writer states that he participates in self-degradation in lieu of boredom. Provide examples of this. Do you think the writer does this to fight his boredom or could there be other reasons? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss who the writer is writing to. Does he anticipate others to read his notes? Does he withhold any information in fear that someone will read his notes? What does this style of narration add to or take away from the story?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)