|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days pass between the writer's first meeting with Liza and the second?
2. After many days pass and Liza does not show up, the writer begins having dreams about her. What is the tone of these dreams?
3. How does the writer describe Liza's embrace at the end of the book?
4. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
5. What does the writer state happens to stupid Russian romantics?
Essay Topic 1
In Part 1, Chapter 6, the reader further learns that the author lives in self pity and loathing. Discuss how this way of life has affected him in terms of his work life, love life, and social life.
Essay Topic 2
In Part 1, Chapter 5, the writer states that he participates in self-degradation in lieu of boredom. Provide examples of this. Do you think the writer does this to fight his boredom or could there be other reasons? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the tone of the dinner party. Is the writer happy to be there? Is he accepted? Does anything happen to change the tone during the party?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)