Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
2. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
3. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
4. What is Liza's profession?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the tone of the dinner party. Is the writer happy to be there? Is he accepted? Does anything happen to change the tone during the party?
Essay Topic 2
In Part 1, Chapter 5, the writer states that he participates in self-degradation in lieu of boredom. Provide examples of this. Do you think the writer does this to fight his boredom or could there be other reasons? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
The writer states that there are some things a man cannot tell his closest friends and even some things that man cannot be honest about with himself. He then comments that he will try to be honest when writing his notes. Do you think the writer is truly honest with himself throughout the entire book?
If yes, explain your answer. If no, does the writer ever become fully honest with himself and, if so, at what point?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)