Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
2. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
3. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
4. What is Liza's profession?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
Essay Topic 1
The writer discusses men of action. What does he say about men of action? How does he feel about these men? Does he think of himself as a man of action? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The writer states that there are some things a man cannot tell his closest friends and even some things that man cannot be honest about with himself. He then comments that he will try to be honest when writing his notes. Do you think the writer is truly honest with himself throughout the entire book?
If yes, explain your answer. If no, does the writer ever become fully honest with himself and, if so, at what point?
Essay Topic 3
Qhat point do you consider the climax of this story? Support your answer with significant events leading up to this point.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)