|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
(a) They just happen.
(b) They happen in the past.
(c) They have not yet happened.
(d) It is only a dream.
2. How do the others feel about the toast the writer gives at the end of the dinner party?
3. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 8, upon waking up, what does the writer decide is the most important thing he must do?
(a) Find love for himself.
(b) Get back to work.
(c) See Liza again.
(d) Save his reputation with Zverkov and Simonov.
4. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
(d) Big talk.
5. Where is Liza from?
(a) The writer's hometown.
6. What does the writer say consumption is?
(a) A normal human condition.
(b) An illness.
(c) A character flaw.
(d) Pure evil.
7. What does Ferfichkin say he would have done if he was early for the dinner?
(a) Ordered something.
(c) Waited patiently.
(d) Filed a complaint with the establishment.
8. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 3 hours.
9. Who sits to the left of the writer at the dinner party?
10. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
(a) He feels worthless.
(b) He is uneducated.
(c) He is ugly.
(d) Because of his vanity.
11. What is Liza's profession?
12. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
(a) 9:00 pm.
(b) 11:00 pm.
(c) 1:00 am.
(d) 2:00 am.
13. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he hates?
(d) The unintelligent.
14. Who does the writer wake up next to at the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 6?
(b) No one.
(d) A barmaid.
15. In Part 2, Chapter 4, after the toasts, what does the writer do when he picks up the bottle?
(a) Pours himself a full glass.
(b) Drinks from the bottle.
(c) Throws the bottle at the others.
(d) Throws the bottle at the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would the writer lower his eyes when he comes in contact with the office clerks?
2. What does the writer give as his reason for visiting Liza?
3. What does the writer do during the toast to Zverkov?
4. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
5. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)