|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the writer say he hates Liza?
(a) Because she laughs at him.
(b) Because he lies to her.
(c) Because she is kind to him.
(d) Because she is a prostitute.
2. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 8, upon waking up, what does the writer decide is the most important thing he must do?
(a) Save his reputation with Zverkov and Simonov.
(b) Find love for himself.
(c) Get back to work.
(d) See Liza again.
3. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
(a) 6:00 pm.
(b) 5:30 pm.
(c) 5:00 pm.
(d) 5:25 pm.
4. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
5. How many days pass between the writer's first meeting with Liza and the second?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 2 days.
6. What does the writer give as his reason for visiting Liza?
(a) He is upset.
(b) For revenge.
(c) To show his power.
(d) He is drunk.
7. What does the writer say about trying to rationalize situations?
(a) All men rationalize their lives.
(b) It is good for the mind.
(c) It is useless.
(d) It provides accountability.
8. What do the writer's dreams sometimes cause him to do?
(a) Seclude himself.
(b) Commit crimes.
(c) Fall in love.
(d) Embrace people.
9. What human condition does the writer state he cannot express?
10. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 3 years.
11. In Part 2, Chapter 8, who delivers the writer's letter?
(a) The writer.
12. Why is the writer often dissatisfied with himself?
(a) He feels worthless.
(b) Because of his vanity.
(c) He is uneducated.
(d) He is ugly.
13. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
(b) Big talk.
14. What does the writer say about Russian romantics?
(a) They are fools.
(b) They are always intelligent.
(c) They are uneducated.
(d) They are wise men.
15. What does Ferfichkin say he would have done if he was early for the dinner?
(a) Filed a complaint with the establishment.
(c) Waited patiently.
(d) Ordered something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
2. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
3. What does Liza give the writer just before he leavesher?
4. What day does Anton allow visitors?
5. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)