|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
(a) Give back the six roubles.
(b) Ask the fare.
(c) Go back and slap Zverkov.
(d) Apologize to the group.
2. What does the writer tell Apollon will happen if he does not appease his request?
(a) The writer will be unhappy.
(b) He will be fired.
(c) The visitor will leave.
(d) The writer would understand.
3. What is Liza's profession?
4. After many days pass and Liza does not show up, the writer begins having dreams about her. What is the tone of these dreams?
(c) Love and happiness.
5. How much does the writer owe Simonov in this section?
(a) 10 roubles
(b) 15 roubles.
(c) 6 roubles.
(d) 5 roubles.
6. What does Liza give the writer just before he leavesher?
(a) A love letter.
(b) A flower.
(c) A cross.
(d) His money back.
7. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
(a) He despises working.
(b) No one is like him.
(c) He loses his love.
(d) He is just like everyone else.
8. What are Apollon's wages?
(a) 7 roubles.
(b) 10 roubles.
(c) 15 roubles.
(d) 25 roubles.
9. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, the writer arrives early to a dinner party. What time is the dinner scheduled to begin?
(a) 5:30 pm.
(b) 5:00 pm.
(c) 6:00 pm.
(d) 6:30 pm.
10. How does the writer describe his face?
(c) With a mean look.
11. How does the writer feel about his schoolmate Zverkov?
(a) He loathes him.
(b) He likes him.
(c) They do not know each other.
(d) They are best friends.
12. What does the writer say happens to women for Liza's profession?
(a) They are happy.
(b) They suceed.
(c) The are beaten.
(d) They are honored.
13. As the dinner proceeds, how is the writer feeling?
(a) A part of the group.
(c) Crushed and broken.
14. How does the writer feel about being with Liza in this section?
15. As the diner conversation begins, how does the writer feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 9, the writer begins a speech about why he goes to see Liza. What does the writer say Liza's thought's for his visit are?
2. What does the writer write to Simonov as an excuse for his dinner behavior?
3. What is the purpose of the dinner party?
4. How does the writer feel about the office clerks?
5. What does the writer say consumption is?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)