|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving his friend's home, how much does the writer pay for a cab ride?
(a) 100 copecks.
(b) 25 copecks.
(c) 75 copecks.
(d) 50 copecks.
2. What does the writer admit regarding his poverty?
(a) He is not truly poor.
(b) He chooses this life.
(c) He is unashamed.
(d) He is ashamed.
3. How old is the writer when he avoids talking to or associating with others?
(a) 24 years old.
(b) 29 years old.
(c) 40 years old.
(d) 32 years old.
4. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
(d) The writer.
5. How does the writer feel about his dreams in this section?
(a) They are satisfing at the time.
(b) They are mysterious.
(c) They are profound.
(d) They are frightening.
6. How does the writer describe the feelings of his visitor in Part 2, Chapter 9?
(b) In love.
7. What day does Anton allow visitors?
8. What is it about the writer's experience with Liza that astonishes him?
(a) His sentimentality.
(b) His pity for her.
(c) His love.
(d) His bruteforce.
9. How does the writer describe Liza's embrace at the end of the book?
10. How much does the writer owe Simonov in this section?
(a) 5 roubles.
(b) 15 roubles.
(c) 6 roubles.
(d) 10 roubles
11. As the writer goes on a tirade about his circumstances, what is Liza's reaction in this section?
12. What reason does the writer give for his behavior at work?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) That is how educated men act.
(c) Out of spite.
(d) He is superior to the others.
13. How do the others feel about the toast the writer gives at the end of the dinner party?
14. Despite what the writer wants to do during the dinner, what does he do?
(b) Enjoys the conversation.
(c) Begins an argument.
15. What is Liza's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 8, upon waking up, what does the writer decide is the most important thing he must do?
2. After many days pass and Liza does not show up, the writer begins having dreams about her. What is the tone of these dreams?
3. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
4. What would the writer have to do to buy a pistol?
5. In Part 2, Chapter 8, who delivers the writer's letter?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)