|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer ask Apollon to get for him at the tavern?
(b) Tea and biscuits.
2. What does the writer admit regarding his poverty?
(a) He chooses this life.
(b) He is unashamed.
(c) He is not truly poor.
(d) He is ashamed.
3. At what time does the writer arrive at the diner party?
(a) 5:30 pm.
(b) 5:25 pm.
(c) 5:00 pm.
(d) 6:00 pm.
4. What contrasting feelings does the writer have toward Liza after his breakdown?
5. During this time in the writer's life, he states that he is tormented. Why is he tormented?
(a) He is just like everyone else.
(b) No one is like him.
(c) He loses his love.
(d) He despises working.
6. How does the writer feel about his dreams in this section?
(a) They are mysterious.
(b) They are frightening.
(c) They are profound.
(d) They are satisfing at the time.
7. What do the writer's old schoolmates think about him?
(a) A friend.
(b) A common housefly.
(c) Their competition.
(d) A sight for sore eyes.
8. How many days pass between the writer's first meeting with Liza and the second?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 days.
9. How does the writer describe his face?
(c) With a mean look.
10. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 9, what is the writer's general feeling?
11. What human condition does the writer state he cannot express?
12. The day after the dinner party, the writer goes for a walk. At what time does he return home?
(a) 2:00 am.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 1:00 am.
(d) 11:00 pm.
13. What does the writer tell Apollon will happen if he does not appease his request?
(a) The writer would understand.
(b) The visitor will leave.
(c) The writer will be unhappy.
(d) He will be fired.
14. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
(c) Almost warm.
15. What day does Anton allow visitors?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 8, upon waking up, what does the writer decide is the most important thing he must do?
2. Which of the diners states that he almost got married two days before?
3. How does the writer describe the feelings of his visitor in Part 2, Chapter 9?
4. Near the end of the dinner in Part 2, Chapter 4, during the writer's toast, what does he say he loves?
5. In Part 2, Liza visits the writer at his home. Upset by this, how does the writer say he would take revenge on his visitor?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)