|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
(a) He does not trust doctors.
(b) Out of spite.
(c) He can not afford it.
(d) His illness is imaginary.
2. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
(a) Live a lie.
(b) Give up hope.
(d) Become men of action.
3. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(a) Unpleasent looking.
(b) Quick to take offense.
4. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(b) No job satisfaction.
(c) No need for the job.
(d) Too much power.
5. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) Those who have never been slapped.
(b) The strong willed.
(c) Men of action.
(d) The weak and weary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
2. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
3. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
4. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
5. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)