|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
(a) His conscience.
(b) His friends.
(d) The wall.
2. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
(a) They are without limits.
(b) They are limited.
(c) They run the world.
(d) There are very few of them.
3. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) The strong willed.
(b) Men of action.
(c) Those who have never been slapped.
(d) The weak and weary.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
(a) They flaunt their illnesses.
(b) They are ashamed of their illnesses.
(c) They take pride in them.
(d) They keep their illness a secret.
5. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
(a) He is a real person.
(b) He is a person of great wealth.
(c) He is fictional.
(d) He is a highly educated person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
4. In what does the writer find pleasure?
5. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)