|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
(a) A blessing.
(b) An illness.
(c) A weakness.
(d) A virtue.
2. In what does the writer find pleasure?
(b) The agony of others.
(c) The wall.
(d) A toothache.
3. What fundamental law does the writer say governs this dilemma of change?
(a) The laws of nature.
(b) The law of heightened consciousness.
(c) The law of change.
(d) The law of gravity.
4. When the writer states that there is something wrong with his liver, why does he refuse to go to a doctor?
(a) Out of spite.
(b) He can not afford it.
(c) He does not trust doctors.
(d) His illness is imaginary.
5. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is sickly.
(b) He is a large man.
(c) He is short and thin.
(d) He is fit and well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
3. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
4. What does the writer say all men must accept?
5. What does the writer compare a man to when he is consumed with revenge?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)