|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer eventually comes to terms with his illness. As he does so, what does he decide about the illness?
(a) It is not unlike other men's illnesses.
(b) It is his normal condition.
(c) It is curable with willpower.
(d) It is just something to live with.
2. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) The strong willed.
(b) The weak and weary.
(c) Men of action.
(d) Those who have never been slapped.
3. What does the writer say all men must accept?
(b) The wall.
4. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is eliciting sympathy.
(b) His groans are out of spite.
(c) He is weak.
(d) He is truly in pain.
5. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
(a) The wall.
(b) His friends.
(d) His conscience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
2. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
3. An individual is justified in being what according to the law of heightened consciousness?
4. Although the writer states that he eventually begins to believe certain things about his illness, how does he feel about it in the beginning?
5. What is a Waganheims?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)