|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the writer say would not understand the feelings of men about their decisions?
(a) The weak and weary.
(b) The strong willed.
(c) Men of action.
(d) Those who have never been slapped.
2. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) A mouse.
(b) An outsider.
(c) A lion.
(d) A model citizen.
3. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
(a) Complain more often.
(b) Slap others.
(c) Love others.
(d) Seek vengeance.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Blame others for its existence.
(b) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(c) Consult with nature about its existence.
(d) Blame themselves for its existence.
5. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are sick.
(b) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(c) They earn respect.
(d) They are truly cowards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
2. What does the writer say all men must accept?
3. How does the writer describe his apartment?
4. In Part 1, the writer describes his previous employment and attitude toward the job and the people he worked with. After going through this explanation, what does he say about this description?
5. What does the writer compare his writings to?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)