|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the writer say he would like to become?
2. What does the writer say being too conscious is?
(a) A weakness.
(b) A blessing.
(c) A virtue.
(d) An illness.
3. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(a) Quick to take offense.
(c) Unpleasent looking.
4. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is interesting.
(b) He is an honorable man.
(c) He is bragging.
(d) He is worthless.
5. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
(b) More difficult.
(c) More interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
2. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
4. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)