|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
(a) They are ashamed of their illnesses.
(b) They keep their illness a secret.
(c) They take pride in them.
(d) They flaunt their illnesses.
2. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Blame themselves for its existence.
(b) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(c) Consult with nature about its existence.
(d) Blame others for its existence.
3. How long has the writer been underground?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 40 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 30 years.
4. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(b) Pleasurable .
5. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
(a) Like hell on earth.
(b) Abstract and premeditated.
(d) A beautiful city.
Short Answer Questions
1. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
2. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
3. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
4. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
5. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)