|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(a) Civil Servant.
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(a) Pleasurable .
3. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
(a) They are useful only to the educated.
(b) They are a burden to a "man of action".
(c) They are undeniable.
(d) They are overcomplicated.
4. After describing a man of action, the writer notes what how a man of action feels about himself. According to the writer, what does a man of action feel himself to be?
(a) An outsider.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A model citizen.
(d) A lion.
5. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are preposterous.
(b) They are incorrect.
(c) They are correct.
(d) They are curious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
2. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
3. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
4. How does the writer say men feel about their decisions a minute after making them?
5. How does the writer describe a man of action?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)