|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is interesting.
(b) He is worthless.
(c) He is an honorable man.
(d) He is bragging.
2. What does the writer say about the man who groans from a toothache for more than three or four days?
(a) He is truly in pain.
(b) He is eliciting sympathy.
(c) He is weak.
(d) His groans are out of spite.
3. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Consult with nature about its existence.
(b) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(c) Blame others for its existence.
(d) Blame themselves for its existence.
5. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A deterrent.
(b) Simply a small obstacle.
(c) A challenge.
(d) A fact of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
2. What does the writer say he would like to become?
3. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
4. In what does the writer find pleasure?
5. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)