|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(b) Quick to take offense.
(d) Unpleasent looking.
2. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He envies him.
(c) He feels there is no need for him.
(d) He despises him.
3. What does the writer say can be assumed about men who roar like bulls?
(a) They are truly cowards.
(b) They do not abide by the laws of nature.
(c) They are sick.
(d) They earn respect.
4. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
5. What type of deeds does the writer admit to committing?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
2. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
4. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
5. How does the writer describe his apartment?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)