|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a sense of revenge do to a man?
(a) Gives him strength.
(b) Overwhelms him.
(c) Makes him evil.
(d) Makes him weak.
2. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
(b) More difficult.
(d) More interesting.
3. What does the writer regret not doing more of in his life?
(a) Seek vengeance.
(b) Slap others.
(c) Love others.
(d) Complain more often.
4. What fundamental law does the writer say governs this dilemma of change?
(a) The law of heightened consciousness.
(b) The laws of nature.
(c) The law of change.
(d) The law of gravity.
5. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
(a) Too much power.
(b) No job satisfaction.
(c) No need for the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say all men must accept?
2. How does the writer describe St. Petersburg?
3. How long does the writer state his toothache lasts?
4. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
5. In what does the writer find pleasure?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)