|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the writer regard these feelings about the wall?
(a) They are preposterous.
(b) They are correct.
(c) They are incorrect.
(d) They are curious.
2. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(a) Pleasurable .
3. What is a Waganheims?
(a) Man of Action.
(d) A nobleman.
4. How does the writer feel about a man of action?
(a) He feels sorry for him.
(b) He despises him.
(c) He feels there is no need for him.
(d) He envies him.
5. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
(a) He is fit and well.
(b) He is sickly.
(c) He is a large man.
(d) He is short and thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the writer say about the laws of mathematics and nature?
2. The writer discusses a pleasure that comes from his illness. From where does the pleasure stem?
3. What does the writer compare his writings to?
4. Why does the writer say a man cannot change, even if he tries?
5. What is the reason given for the writer's attitude and behavior in this profession?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)