|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what does the writer state is his profession?
(c) Civil Servant.
2. What do others say about the writer's discussion of himself?
(a) He is worthless.
(b) He is bragging.
(c) He is an honorable man.
(d) He is interesting.
3. How does the writer feel his life would be if he lived as a man of action?
(b) More difficult.
(c) More interesting.
4. In Part 1, Chapter 3, the writer again discusses the wall and suggests how various types of people may perceive the wall. What does he say that some people do when they are faced with the wall?
(a) Blame themselves for its existence.
(b) Blame others for its existence.
(c) Rebel against nature because of its existence.
(d) Consult with nature about its existence.
5. What does the writer feel about men of strong character?
(a) They are limited.
(b) They run the world.
(c) They are without limits.
(d) There are very few of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
2. How long has the writer been underground?
3. In Part 1, Chapter 2, the writer describes the attitudes men have toward their own illness. What does the writer say about his own and others' attitudes toward their illnesses?
4. As Dostoevsky develops the writer, what does the reader learn about his physical condition?
5. In Part I, Chapter 1, what does the writer say about himself?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)