|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, Chapter 3, what does the writer say a wall is, to a man of action?
(a) A fact of life.
(b) A challenge.
(c) Simply a small obstacle.
(d) A deterrent.
2. What does the writer compare his writings to?
(a) The man faced with the wall.
(b) The mouse.
(c) The moan of a man with a toothache.
(d) The Waganheims.
3. What does the writer say all men must accept?
(d) The wall.
4. The writer describes himself in many ways. By the end of Part 1, Chapter 2, he compares himself to a hunchback, and gives himself what character trait?
(a) Quick to take offense.
(c) Unpleasent looking.
5. How does the writer describe the groans of a toothache?
(c) Pleasurable .
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the writer describe his apartment?
2. What is the only thing that can stop a vengeful man?
3. How does the writer describe his personality in his previous profession?
4. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
5. The writer goes on to explain what men do because they cannot change. What does the writer think men do in this instance?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)