|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days pass between the writer's first meeting with Liza and the second?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
2. What type of people does the writer state are the only type to go mad?
(a) Insipid, bloodless men.
(b) Romantic men.
(c) Stupid men.
(d) Hateful men.
3. What reason does the writer give for his behavior at work?
(a) That is how educated men act.
(b) He is superior to the others.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) Out of spite.
4. What does Liza give the writer just before he leavesher?
(a) A love letter.
(b) His money back.
(c) A cross.
(d) A flower.
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 5, the writer has left the dinner and is outside. How does he describe the snow?
(d) Almost warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Just before the writer gets into the sleigh, what does he decide he must do?
2. How long has the writer been underground?
3. What does the writer say man is in the eyes of nature?
4. In Part 2, a number of event happen to the writer, including going to a dinner party with old friends and meeting a prostitute. How does the writer feel about the events that happen that day?
5. At the beginning of Part 2, Chapter 4, the writer arrives early to a dinner party. What time is the dinner scheduled to begin?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)