Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Chapters IV, V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the writer goes back to the dinner party after being outside, what does he find?
(a) The others are gone.
(b) Only Zverkov remains.
(c) The others are talking and laughing.
(d) The establishment is closed.
2. What does the writer state man wants to cling to?
(b) Abject foolishness.
(c) The laws of nature.
(d) The greatness of others.
3. What two things does the writer state are most precious to man?
(a) Love and family.
(b) Desire and acceptance.
(c) Revenge and education.
(d) Personality and individuality.
4. What does Zverkov say he would do if the peasants in his countries protested?
(a) Have them flogged.
(b) Give up his post.
(c) Listen to their concerns.
(d) Change the rules.
5. What does the writer state happens to stupid Russian romantics?
(a) They leave for France.
(b) They died off years ago.
(c) They degenerate into Germans.
(d) They are not true romantics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 2, the writer discusses dreaming. How long does the writer dream in his corner?
2. What does the writer think a man of action does when faced with a wall?
3. What type of things does a man do when he is unsure of his true interests?
4. Who is Anton Atonych Setchkin?
5. What does the writer think will become of man's will when it is put in mathematical formulas?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)