|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hager stay with Miss Jeanne?
(a) She loved Miss Jeanne.
(b) She did not know where to go.
(c) She had no training.
(d) She had no place to go.
2. Sandy was wondering more and more about sex and Tempy had given him a book about it called ______________ written by a white Presbyterian Minister from New England.
(a) The Doors of Life.
(b) The Pathway to Life.
(c) The Window to the World.
(d) The World of Love.
3. Harriet says that __________________, black people cannot let brains go to waste.
(a) With the intelligence found in the black community.
(b) In a white man's world.
(c) With all the problems in the world.
(d) In a world full of hatred and greed.
4. Buster made fun of Sandy for reading so much and dared him to come out and play pool rather than finishing up what book?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) Pride and Prejudice.
(c) War and Peace.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
5. What did Sandy's friend think about Sandy's relationship with Pansetta?
(a) That he had never dated her.
(b) That he did not know Pansetta well.
(c) That he had "had" her.
(d) That she had dated other boys at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Tempy sad to see Sandy go?
2. In 'Beware of Women' Tempy complains that Sandy is doing what?
3. Afterwards, Sandy and Annjee do what?
4. Why did the men believe the answer to number 155?
5. He wanted to be more like Harriet, refusing to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hager have to say about the soul and the world?
2. What takes place in the Pool Hall? Why?
3. What is the other major event in this chapter? Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
4. In "Children's Day," how does inequality even affect African American children?
5. Describe Hager's funeral.
6. Why is Sandy to avoid lower-class women?
7. How has Harriett grown up? How is this revealed in what she says to Sandy and Annjee?
8. How does Sandy's life change after Hager's death?
9. What does Sandy get from working in a barber shop?
10. Why does Tempy help out with the war effort?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)