|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Carnival" begins with Hager and her family splitting up, with some going to the revival and some going to the carnival _____ mile down the road.
(b) Three-quarters of a.
(c) A half.
(d) A quarter.
2. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
(a) To the revival.
(b) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
(c) To the carnival.
(d) To both the carnival and the revival.
3. How does everyone feel when Tempy leaves?
4. He knew that Jesus was white but what had he learned?
(a) There was no Jesus.
(b) God is no race.
(c) God loves everyone.
(d) Jesus only loved white people.
5. In "School", the summer ends and Sandy has to go back to school to the ________ grade, which was integrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sandy and Buster do with their money?
2. What happened when the three returned home?
3. What happened to the Gavitts?
4. How does Annjee feel when Jimboy comes home and starts singing with Harriet?
5. Towards the end of the year, Annjee recovers, and they receive a letter from Harriet asking for what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it revealed in this chapter that class structure and race is important to the people of Stanton?
2. How does Hager show she is a determined woman in this chapter?
3. Describe the relationship between Harriet and Hager.
4. How does Sandy react to Tempy's gift? Why does he react this way?
5. Why is Jimboy returning home? Does Aunt Hager believe him? Why or why not?
6. How do Sandy and Annjee feel about Jimboy's disappearance? Why do they feel this way?
7. What happened to Crowville? Why did this happen?
8. What is the purpose of "White Folks?"
9. How does Aunt Hager help others during and after the storm?
10. What did Sandy do with his collection plate money? Why did he do this?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)