|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Hard Winter" takes the family from September to _______________.
2. Aunt Hager argued that they shouldn't hate white people but do what?
(a) Fear them.
(b) Pray for them.
(c) Do what they ask.
(d) Take care of them.
3. How does everyone feel when Tempy leaves?
4. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
(a) They were afraid.
(b) They refused to work alongside a black man.
(c) They were unhappy about working alongside a black man.
(d) They did not mind working alongside a black man.
5. Jimboy sings many songs that he has learned from where?
(a) Across the country.
(b) The war.
(d) The south.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the Gavitts?
2. That night the white people came in, evicted the blacks of this town and did what?
3. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
4. What did John Lowdins do when a drunk white man attacked him?
5. What happened when the three returned home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jimboy do when he comes home in "Guitar?" Why might he do this?
2. How do Sandy and Annjee feel about Jimboy's disappearance? Why do they feel this way?
3. What is learned about Jimboy and Sandy's relationship from their time fishing together?
4. What is the purpose of "White Folks?"
5. How does Annjee defend her decision to go to Detroit?
6. What does Sandy think about Jesus? How has he come to this conclusion?
7. How does Sandy react to Tempy's gift? Why does he react this way?
8. How is this a sad Christmas?
9. How does Hager show she is a determined woman in this chapter?
10. Why is Jimboy returning home? Does Aunt Hager believe him? Why or why not?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)