|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sandy saw that his mother worked very hard and that Mrs. Rice, the blond, skinny white woman, was constantly doing what?
(a) Ignoring Annjee.
(b) Entertaining Anjee.
(c) Helping Annjee.
(d) Criticizing Annjee.
2. Sandy noticed that his reader showed black Africans as what?
3. How does Sandy feel about Tempy's gift?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is annoyed.
(d) He is happy.
4. Why were Aunt Hager's services needed?
(a) She was an electrician.
(b) She was a maid.
(c) She was a nurse.
(d) She was a pastor.
5. How does everyone feel when Tempy leaves?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tempy give Sandy for Christmas?
2. What is not clear about Harriet?
3. Why does Hager pick up extra laundry washing?
4. On Thursday afternoon, who comes home to visit?
5. Sandy had to run off and help his mother, who was ___________ at the Rice's, a rich white family.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Annjee defend her decision to go to Detroit?
2. What does Jimboy do when he comes home in "Guitar?" Why might he do this?
3. Describe the relationship between Harriet and Hager.
4. Why do Tempy and her husband leave the Baptist church?
5. Summarize "Storm."
6. What are Hager's religious beliefs? What does Harriet think about these beliefs?
7. What is learned about Jimboy and Sandy's relationship from their time fishing together?
8. What happened to Crowville? Why did this happen?
9. How does Annjee react when Jimboy comes home and ignores her and her cooking? Should she react this way? Why or why not?
10. What does Sandy think about Jesus? How has he come to this conclusion?
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)