|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Jimboy punish him?
(a) He ignored him.
(b) He yelled at him.
(c) He chastised him for being a liar.
(d) He whipped him.
2. The white people near the area were furious at these blacks. Why?
(a) For taking white jobs.
(b) For acting white.
(c) For stealing land.
(d) For buying white property.
3. Sandy had to run off and help his mother, who was ___________ at the Rice's, a rich white family.
4. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
(a) To the revival.
(b) To both the carnival and the revival.
(c) To the carnival.
(d) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
5. What happened to the Gavitts?
(a) They were injured.
(b) They were left without a home.
(c) They were helping those in need.
(d) They were killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Annjee?
2. What happened to Sandy at the carnival?
3. Why does Hager pick up extra laundry washing?
4. Sandy wonders if he could ever be __________ and whether the Lord even cared if someone was black or white, or male or female.
5. How did Aunt Hager learn that Sandy had spent his money in a way he should not have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is it revealed in this chapter that class structure and race is important to the people of Stanton?
2. How does Aunt Hager react to Harriet and Sandy going to a dance? Why does she react this way?
3. How did Jimboy react to Sandy's lying? How did this affect Sandy? Why was he affected in this way?
4. Why do Tempy and her husband leave the Baptist church?
5. What does Sandy think about Jesus? How has he come to this conclusion?
6. What is the purpose of "White Folks?"
7. Why is Jimboy returning home? Does Aunt Hager believe him? Why or why not?
8. How did Hager believe the blacks should deal with white oppression? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
9. Summarize "Storm."
10. What does Jimboy do when he comes home in "Guitar?" Why might he do this?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)