|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. That night the white people came in, evicted the blacks of this town and did what?
(a) Burned the town down.
(b) Sold the town to whites.
(c) Took over the town.
(d) Created an all-white town.
2. How long has it been since Annjee's husband, Jimboy, has written?
(a) Three years.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Why was Jimboy fired?
(a) He habitually showed up late to work.
(b) The white union members complained.
(c) He was disrespectful.
(d) He was often out of work due to illness.
4. Sandy noticed that his reader showed black Africans as what?
5. Tempy and her husband have done well financially and have stopped hanging around who?
(a) White people.
(b) Lower-class blacks with darker skin.
(c) Middle-class blacks.
(d) All black people.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Aunt Hager was gone, who showed up and asked Harriet to come to a dance with him?
2. Hager is determined to get Sandy through high school and make him into what?
3. "Work" begins with Jimboy and Sandy doing what?
4. Stanton largely has _________ social classes.
5. Where did Hager and Annjee go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hager believe the blacks should deal with white oppression? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
2. How does Annjee defend her decision to go to Detroit?
3. What are Hager's religious beliefs? What does Harriet think about these beliefs?
4. How is this a sad Christmas?
5. How was Sandy's integrated school segregated? Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
6. How does Aunt Hager react to Harriet and Sandy going to a dance? Why does she react this way?
7. What is the purpose of "White Folks?"
8. How is Annjee treated by her employer? Do you believe this is unusual behavior for an employer at this time? Why or why not?
9. What is learned about Jimboy and Sandy's relationship from their time fishing together?
10. How does Annjee react when Jimboy comes home and ignores her and her cooking? Should she react this way? Why or why not?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)