|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It was late March and Annjee decided that she was going to save up her money and do what?
(a) Go to be with Jimboy all the time.
(b) Go on a vacation.
(c) Bring Jimboy home.
(d) Buy Sandy new clothes and toys.
2. Why did this woman decide to quit her job as a waitress?
(a) Because the job did not pay well.
(b) Because she had plans to go back to school.
(c) Because white men harassed her too much and asked her to sleep with them.
(d) Because her boss treated her badly.
3. After some greeting, Harriet goes off to stay with _____________, who she says she'll be living with.
4. Harriet doesn't want to follow what as Hager demands that she do?
(a) White rules.
(b) The laws.
(c) Cultural rules.
5. Why does Annjee have to give up the money she was saving for Sandy's Christmas?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To pay for Annjee's medicine.
(c) To pay the electric bill.
(d) To mail to Harriet.
Short Answer Questions
1. That day Sandy almost won what?
2. Why is Jimboy not working that day?
3. Sandy wonders if he could ever be __________ and whether the Lord even cared if someone was black or white, or male or female.
4. Sandy noticed that his reader showed black Africans as what?
5. For ________ years she worked hard to support her family and to see Jimboy only a few weeks a year.
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize "Storm."
2. How was Sandy's integrated school segregated? Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
3. How did Hager believe the blacks should deal with white oppression? Do you agree with her? Why or why not?
4. What did Sandy do with his collection plate money? Why did he do this?
5. How does Hager show she is a determined woman in this chapter?
6. How does the reader know that Harriet has lived a difficult life since she left home?
7. How is Annjee treated by her employer? Do you believe this is unusual behavior for an employer at this time? Why or why not?
8. Why does Harriet run off with the circus?
9. How does Annjee react when Jimboy comes home and ignores her and her cooking? Should she react this way? Why or why not?
10. What is the purpose of "White Folks?"
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)