|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who returns home?
2. Why does Annjee believe Jimboy married her?
(a) Because she was pregnant with their child.
(b) Because he loved her.
(c) Because she was a homebody and would take care of a house.
(d) Because he wanted to get married and start a family.
3. Where is Jimboy working?
(d) New York City.
4. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
(a) They were afraid.
(b) They refused to work alongside a black man.
(c) They were unhappy about working alongside a black man.
(d) They did not mind working alongside a black man.
5. What did Harriet do that night when she came home late?
(a) She wrote a nasty note to Aunt Hager.
(b) She packed her bags and moved in with her boyfriend.
(c) She packed her bags and ran off with the circus.
(d) She packed her bags and caught the next train to New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Hager think of Jimboy?
2. In "Dance", Aunt Hager has to run off to tend to Sister Land. Why?
3. "Work" begins with Jimboy and Sandy doing what?
4. "Storm" introduces Aunt Hager and her grandson Sandy preparing for ________________ that is hitting their neighborhood.
5. What happened to the Gavitts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sandy do with his collection plate money? Why did he do this?
2. Summarize "Storm."
3. How is Annjee treated by her employer? Do you believe this is unusual behavior for an employer at this time? Why or why not?
4. What is the purpose of "White Folks?"
5. How is it revealed in this chapter that class structure and race is important to the people of Stanton?
6. Describe the relationship between Harriet and Hager.
7. Why do Tempy and her husband leave the Baptist church?
8. Why is Jimboy returning home? Does Aunt Hager believe him? Why or why not?
9. How do Hager and Sister Johnson view Jimboy, as compared to other men?
10. How was Sandy's integrated school segregated? Are you surprised by this? Why or why not?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)