|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30, Chicago, Elevator, Princess of the Blues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sandy receives word from Annjee that she finally has the money for what?
(a) Buying a new home.
(b) HIs education.
(c) His fare to Chicago.
(d) Bus fare home.
2. How do Sandy and his friends feel about how they are treated?
(b) Angry and outraged.
(c) Humiliated and hurt.
(d) Not surprised.
3. Who had Jimboy probably been trying to outdo?
(a) The Germans.
(b) The Italians.
(c) The Greeks.
(d) The Swedes.
4. Why did she want to get a job as a chambermaid at a hotel?
(a) She would not have to talk to anyone.
(b) She would make good money.
(c) The job had flexible hours.
(d) The job was easy.
5. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
(a) They were afraid.
(b) They did not mind working alongside a black man.
(c) They were unhappy about working alongside a black man.
(d) They refused to work alongside a black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sandy goes with his colored friends to the carnival, what happens?
2. What does Hager tell Sandy about slavery?
3. Buster made fun of Sandy for reading so much and dared him to come out and play pool rather than finishing up what book?
4. What was Aunt Hager going to do to punish Sandy?
5. His journey to Chicago had excited him. How did Sandy feel about Chicago when he arrived?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)