|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30, Chicago, Elevator, Princess of the Blues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Sandy tires of listening to the other men, what does he do?
(a) He buys the Chicago Defender.
(b) He reads a nearby billboard.
(c) He opens up a local newspaper.
(d) He steps outside.
2. How do Sandy and his friends feel about how they are treated?
(b) Humiliated and hurt.
(c) Not surprised.
(d) Angry and outraged.
3. The story then flashes back _______ days when Sandy came home from work.
4. Sister Johnson and Hager have long conversation about what?
(a) How many black men in the area beat their wives and how at least Jimboy didn't do that.
(b) How Jimboy is no better than other black men.
(c) How they are going to pull themselves out of this depression.
(d) How awful life is.
5. Where did Hager and Annjee go?
(a) To both the revival and the carnival.
(b) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
(c) To the revival.
(d) To the carnival.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jimboy punish him?
2. Why is Harriet supposed to come home?
3. Why does Sandy go to the red-light district?
4. Why did the men believe the answer to number 155?
5. In 'Beware of Women' Tempy complains that Sandy is doing what?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)