|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30, Chicago, Elevator, Princess of the Blues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harriet reminds Annjee of whose great dreams for Sandy?
(a) Aunt Hager's.
(d) Sister Johnson's.
2. Sandy came down with what illness?
(a) The measles.
(c) The mumps.
(d) The flu.
3. Who did Sandy begin to think was the villain?
(a) His Aunt Harriet.
(d) The men.
4. Hager is determined to get Sandy through high school and make him into what?
(a) "The next black scientist."
(b) "The first black President of the United States."
(c) "The next W.E.B. du Bois."
(d) "The next Booker T. Washington".
5. Harriet had been on bad terms with Aunt Hager. Why?
(a) Because Hager was mean.
(b) Because Hager had whipped her after the dance.
(c) Because Hager forced her to do things she did not want to do.
(d) Because Hager often ignored her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Tempy and her husband quit the black Baptist church?
2. Each night Sandy's mother would cry. Why?
3. Sandy receives word from Annjee that she finally has the money for what?
4. "Work" begins with Jimboy and Sandy doing what?
5. When Sandy asked himself whether a black person should simply endure oppression and wait for heaven like Aunt Hager did, what was his response?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)