|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30, Chicago, Elevator, Princess of the Blues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Aunt Hager's services needed?
(a) She was a maid.
(b) She was a nurse.
(c) She was an electrician.
(d) She was a pastor.
2. Where did Hager and Annjee go?
(a) To both the revival and the carnival.
(b) To the carnival.
(c) To the revival.
(d) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
3. When Harriett appears on stage, what does she do?
(a) She panics.
(b) She tells jokes.
(c) She is booed off the stage.
(d) She blows the crowd away.
4. Eventually who came over?
(a) Old black women.
(b) All kinds of people.
(c) Her doctor.
(d) Her white employers.
5. Sandy receives word from Annjee that she finally has the money for what?
(a) HIs education.
(b) Buying a new home.
(c) Bus fare home.
(d) His fare to Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they get home, Annjee was happy to have the evening. Why?
2. Why does Sandy go to the red-light district?
3. Why does Annjee say she needs Sandy's help?
4. How does everyone feel when Tempy leaves?
5. "Conversation" records a conversation between Aunt Hager and who else?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)