|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30, Chicago, Elevator, Princess of the Blues.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buster made fun of Sandy for reading so much and dared him to come out and play pool rather than finishing up what book?
(a) War and Peace.
(b) Moby Dick.
(c) To Kill a Mockingbird.
(d) Pride and Prejudice.
2. Aunt Hager argued that they shouldn't hate white people but do what?
(a) Fear them.
(b) Pray for them.
(c) Do what they ask.
(d) Take care of them.
3. What did Aunt Hager think of Jimboy's letter?
(a) He was very sick.
(b) He was lying and never did any work.
(c) He was teasing them.
(d) He was never coming home.
4. Eventually who came over?
(a) Her doctor.
(b) Old black women.
(c) Her white employers.
(d) All kinds of people.
5. What happens when Sandy quits his job?
(a) His boss gets mad at him.
(b) He cannot find another job.
(c) He does not get his last pay check.
(d) Aunt Hager gets mad at Sandy.
Short Answer Questions
1. On another occasion, who did Sandy see naked?
2. With whom does Sandy spend a lot of time?
3. Sandy decided for himself that he would be like ______________________ and get his education despite being impoverished.
4. Why was it surprising to find Aunt Hager this way?
5. The story then flashes back _______ days when Sandy came home from work.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)