|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Towards the end of the year, Annjee recovers, and they receive a letter from Harriet asking for what?
(a) A visit from them.
(b) Fare to come home from Memphis, Tennessee.
(c) Their support in her new music career.
(d) Fare to travel to Hollywood.
2. In "Jimboy's Letter", AnnJee receives a note from Jimboy saying what?
(a) He'd been working in a warehouse in Chicago and had been promoted to manager.
(b) He'd remarried.
(c) He'd found a good job and wanted her to join him.
(d) He'd been laying railroad in Kansas City and had hurt his back so he was coming home.
3. While Aunt Hager was gone, who showed up and asked Harriet to come to a dance with him?
(a) Harriet's friend Joey.
(b) Harriet's boyfriend Mingo.
(c) Harriet's cousin, Bobby.
(d) Sandy's friend, Buster.
4. Why had Tempy been embarrassed of Hager?
(a) Because she wore an apron wherever she went.
(b) Because she attended a black church.
(c) Because she had an accent.
(d) Because she was not educated.
5. At the hotel, Sandy is largely responsible for what?
(a) Hanging up coats and organizing cleaning supplies.
(b) Cleaning the bathrooms and hallways.
(c) Shoe shines and keeping the five hotel spittoons clean.
(d) Greeting the guests and answering their questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Annjee have to give up the money she was saving for Sandy's Christmas?
2. That day Sandy almost won what?
3. When he reached school, the teacher did what?
4. Whose writings moved Sandy?
5. Jimboy sings many songs that he has learned from where?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)