|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of the story, what is Aunt Hager desperately trying to do?
(a) Get Sandy and herself into a closet.
(b) Get Sandy and herself into a boat.
(c) Get Sandy and herself into an ambulance.
(d) Get Sandy and herself into her cellar and get the door shut.
2. In Stanton, why was there almost no work for black people?
(a) The whites would not let them work.
(b) Other minority groups came in a took away their jobs.
(c) Immigrants came in and took away their jobs.
(d) There was hardly any work for anyone.
3. Harriet wasn't permitted to sit where at school?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) With her white classmates.
(c) In the classroom.
(d) On the bus.
4. Where did Harriet and Jimboy go?
(a) To the carnival.
(b) To neither the carnival nor the revival.
(c) To the revival.
(d) To both the carnival and the revival.
5. When Sandy came home from work, how did he find Aunt Hager?
(a) Cleaning the kitchen.
(c) Lying down during the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Conversation" records a conversation between Aunt Hager and who else?
2. What happened to Sandy at the carnival?
3. What did Tempy learn to do like this woman?
4. In "Jimboy's Letter", AnnJee receives a note from Jimboy saying what?
5. He knew that Jesus was white but what had he learned?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)