|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sandy feel about moving in with Tempy?
2. For ________ years she worked hard to support her family and to see Jimboy only a few weeks a year.
3. While working at the hotel, how did Sandy encounter Harriet?
(a) Renting a room.
(b) Answering the telephone.
(c) Cleaning bedrooms.
(d) With a man she was probably hired to have sex with.
4. Why does Hager not want Sandy to work at a hotel?
(a) Sandy will have to work late hours.
(b) She thinks that bad things go on at hotels.
(c) Hotels do not pay well.
(d) He is smarter than most people who work at hotels.
5. Why did Hager stay with Miss Jeanne?
(a) She had no training.
(b) She did not know where to go.
(c) She loved Miss Jeanne.
(d) She had no place to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sandy noticed that his reader showed black Africans as what?
2. He knew that Jesus was white but what had he learned?
3. In "One by One", Annjee finally receives what?
4. Harriet had been on bad terms with Aunt Hager. Why?
5. What happens to Annjee?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)