|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Jimboy probably been trying to outdo?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Swedes.
(d) The Italians.
2. What had Tempy's employer left her as a token of her appreciation?
(a) A car.
(b) A job.
(c) A business.
(d) A home.
3. One day, Mr. Logan recommends that he get a job where?
(a) At a a bank.
(b) At a store.
(c) At the barber shop.
(d) At a hotel.
4. When Hager grew up, the plantation owner, Mr. Jeanne, left for what and died?
(a) The War of 1812.
(b) World War I.
(c) The Spanish American War.
(d) The Civil War.
5. In "Dance", Aunt Hager has to run off to tend to Sister Land. Why?
(a) She had fallen.
(b) She had a hemorrhage.
(c) She was organizing a church fundraiser and needed assistance.
(d) She was poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sandy goes to work during the winter and overhears many stories and meets many people, learning to do what?
2. The white people near the area were furious at these blacks. Why?
3. Stanton largely has _________ social classes.
4. When he reached school, the teacher did what?
5. What did Tempy and her husband's friends avoid?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)