|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24, Beyond the Jordan, Tempy's House, A Shelf of Books.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jimboy not working that day?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He had been laid off.
(c) He wanted to spend the day with Sandy.
(d) He was injured.
2. The white people near the area were furious at these blacks. Why?
(a) For taking white jobs.
(b) For buying white property.
(c) For acting white.
(d) For stealing land.
3. Tempy sent Sandy to wire Annjee to let her know that Hager was sick. Why did the news not reach Annjee at this time?
(a) Hager died before Sandy could get a message wired to Annjee.
(b) The address was no good.
(c) Sandy forgot her address.
(d) She did not pick up her telegram.
4. Buster made fun of Sandy for reading so much and dared him to come out and play pool rather than finishing up what book?
(a) Moby Dick.
(b) War and Peace.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) To Kill a Mockingbird.
5. What does Hager tell Sandy about slavery?
(a) Slavery was very bad.
(b) Slavery should be reinstated.
(c) Slavery was pretty good.
(d) While slavery was very bad, it wasn't all bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
2. How did Sandy react to his punishment?
3. How did Sandy feel about moving in with Tempy?
4. What happened to the Gavitts?
5. What does Aunt Hager think of Jimboy?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)