|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21, Ten Dollars and Costs, 'Hey, Boy!', Note to Harriett.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Old Sister Johnson had lived through slavery, and after being freed, she and a large number of other blacks started up a town called _____________.
2. What job is Sandy offered?
(a) Working as a bellhop's assistant at Drummer's hotel.
(b) Working as a shoe-shine boy at Drummer's hotel.
(c) Working as a shampoo boy at a barber-shop.
(d) Working as a taxi driver.
3. For ________ years she worked hard to support her family and to see Jimboy only a few weeks a year.
4. Why was Jimboy fired?
(a) He habitually showed up late to work.
(b) He was often out of work due to illness.
(c) He was disrespectful.
(d) The white union members complained.
5. What happened when the three returned home?
(a) They found Aunt Hager crying at the kitchen table.
(b) Aunt Hager was waiting for them with a bundle of switches at her feet.
(c) They found out half the neighborhood was out searching for them.
(d) They woke up the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Aunt Hager learn that Sandy had spent his money in a way he should not have?
2. How did Miss Jeanne die?
3. Aunt Hager argued that they shouldn't hate white people but do what?
4. What did Sandy and Buster do with their money?
5. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)