|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21, Ten Dollars and Costs, 'Hey, Boy!', Note to Harriett.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Hager stay with Miss Jeanne?
(a) She had no place to go.
(b) She did not know where to go.
(c) She had no training.
(d) She loved Miss Jeanne.
2. "Work" begins with Jimboy and Sandy doing what?
3. What did Harriet do that night when she came home late?
(a) She packed her bags and ran off with the circus.
(b) She packed her bags and caught the next train to New York City.
(c) She wrote a nasty note to Aunt Hager.
(d) She packed her bags and moved in with her boyfriend.
4. Sandy receives a note from his mother saying that she and Jimboy are ___________.
(a) Doing well.
(b) Coming home.
(c) Want him to come live with them.
(d) In need of money.
5. Towards the end of the year, Annjee recovers, and they receive a letter from Harriet asking for what?
(a) Fare to come home from Memphis, Tennessee.
(b) Their support in her new music career.
(c) Fare to travel to Hollywood.
(d) A visit from them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandy do with his gift from Tempy?
2. Hager asks her how Tempy likes her church. What is her response?
3. Hager argues that while whites hate blacks and blacks hate whites, hatred makes what ugly?
4. In "One by One", Annjee finally receives what?
5. What did John Lowdins do when a drunk white man attacked him?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)