|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21, Ten Dollars and Costs, 'Hey, Boy!', Note to Harriett.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sandy saw that his mother worked very hard and that Mrs. Rice, the blond, skinny white woman, was constantly doing what?
(a) Ignoring Annjee.
(b) Helping Annjee.
(c) Criticizing Annjee.
(d) Entertaining Anjee.
2. While working at the hotel, how did Sandy encounter Harriet?
(a) Renting a room.
(b) With a man she was probably hired to have sex with.
(c) Cleaning bedrooms.
(d) Answering the telephone.
3. What happens when Sandy quits his job?
(a) He does not get his last pay check.
(b) He cannot find another job.
(c) Aunt Hager gets mad at Sandy.
(d) His boss gets mad at him.
4. Who are Hager's three daughters?
(a) Sandy, Annjee, and Harriett.
(b) Tempy, Sandy, and Harriett.
(c) Tempy, Annjee and Sandy.
(d) Tempy, Annjee and Harriett.
5. In "Dance", Aunt Hager has to run off to tend to Sister Land. Why?
(a) She had a hemorrhage.
(b) She had fallen.
(c) She was organizing a church fundraiser and needed assistance.
(d) She was poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When he reached school, the teacher did what?
2. Jimboy sings many songs that he has learned from where?
3. With whom does Sandy spend a lot of time?
4. How did the white men feel about working alongside a black man?
5. Hager claims that in the world there is room for _______________.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)